Aug 18, 2015
✟328,157.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Realistically, there are thousands of reasons to go on a date with somebody. Being sincerely attracted to that person is merely one of them.

Yes it's not exactly a secret that women will go on a date with a man for a lack of something better to do. And this is also why people get flaked on. Because if that "something better" comes around last minute, theres your flake.

Upvote 0

blackribbon

Not a newbie
Dec 18, 2011
✟190,401.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
I think the first date is more a time to get to know the basics about each other (name, dreams, goals, beliefs, etc) and decide if you have enough of a connection to have a second date. That question sounds like you are interviewing her to be your girlfriend. That question might be more appropriate if you have spent some time together and now you are wondering if she is romantically interested in you...if you suspect she might only like you as a friend. If you think it might be going good, I'd ask a question that is more positive....like "I like you and am hoping that we have come to a point where we can be exclusively dating only each other. Are you on the same page?"

Upvote 0

Elliewaves

Untouchable internet saint
Dec 18, 2011
✟100,678.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
Realistically, there are thousands of reasons to go on a date with somebody. Being sincerely attracted to that person is merely one of them.
I don't know if it's THAT common of an occurrence that people are going on first dates for other reasons than they sincerely like someone or want to get to know them better. It does and can happen. BUT, if that keeps happening to a singular person over and over then they need to either be attracted to healthier people or learn to attract healthier people.

Upvote 0

thecolorsblend

If God is your Father, who is your Mother?
Site Supporter
Jul 1, 2013
Gotham City, New Jersey
✟308,231.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I don't know if it's THAT common of an occurrence that people are going on first dates for other reasons than they sincerely like someone or want to get to know them better. It does and can happen. BUT, if that keeps happening to a singular person over and over then they need to either be attracted to healthier people or learn to attract healthier people.
My remark relates to the total number of reasons; not the statistical likelihood of any given particular scenario.

For example, ages ago a girl once confessed to me that she only went on a date with my best friend because he has the same last name as one of the Backstreet Boys and she thought he might be related to him.

As it turns out, he is, in fact, related to that Backstreet Boy but I kept that little bit of info to myself. But oddly enough, I'm only aware of that ever happening to my friend just that one time.

Life is strange sometimes.

Upvote 0
Jun 18, 2011
San Francisco Bay Area
✟65,034.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I think the first date is more a time to get to know the basics about each other (name, dreams, goals, beliefs, etc) and decide if you have enough of a connection to have a second date. That question sounds like you are interviewing her to be your girlfriend. That question might be more appropriate if you have spent some time together and now you are wondering if she is romantically interested in you...if you suspect she might only like you as a friend. If you think it might be going good, I'd ask a question that is more positive....like "I like you and am hoping that we have come to a point where we can be exclusively dating only each other. Are you on the same page?"
That sounds like a great question to ask. This coming Saturday will be our 5th date since we met. Since I am a risk taker,I will ask her this question. I hope this works. I will keep you posted. Only five more days to go. In order for me not to forget,I will have to rehearse for five days.

Upvote 0