Is there truth in religions other than Christianity?

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
"For what is now called the Christian religion existed even among the ancients and was not lacking from the beginning of the human race until “Christ came in the flesh.” From that time, true religion, which already existed, began to be called Christian."
(Augustine of Hippo, The Retractations, 1.12.3)

"All religions try to benefit people, with the same basic message of the need for love and compassion, for justice and honesty, for contentment." Dalai Lama The Dalai Lama

"Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John's gospel chapter fourteen verse six.

Do you believe there are truths in religions other than Christianity? If not, why not? If so, please give an example.

(Please note the question is not "Are all religions true?" The question is, "Can truths be found in other religions?")

• Winner
Reactions: AllDayFaith

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Of course. Christianity doesn’t have the corner on truthful concepts.

Would you mind giving an example of a truth found in a religion other than Christianity? Or, at least, something you would consider to be true.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"For what is now called the Christian religion existed even among the ancients and was not lacking from the beginning of the human race until “Christ came in the flesh.” From that time, true religion, which already existed, began to be called Christian."
(Augustine of Hippo, The Retractations, 1.12.3)
No.

• Haha
Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
"Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John's gospel chapter fourteen verse six.
HALLELUYAH! AMEN! IT IS SO! YES! YES! YES! EVEry PRomiSE of GOD IS YES and AMEN in CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD SAVIOR MESSIAH KING OF THE JEWS ! YES !

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There might be some truth elements but with faulty reasoning.
So are you saying that they are just like Christianity, or that you find the reasoning of all views and denominations within Christianity to be without fault?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Not David

I'm back!
Apr 6, 2018
USA
✟231,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
So are you saying that they are just like Christianity, or that you find the reasoning of all views and denominations within Christianity to be without fault?
I believe in One True Church.

• Informative
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
HALLELUYAH! AMEN! IT IS SO! YES! YES! YES! EVEry PRomiSE of GOD IS YES and AMEN in CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD SAVIOR MESSIAH KING OF THE JEWS ! YES !

Do you have an answer to the question posed in the OP? I take it you do not believe there are any truths found in other religions, is that right?

Edit: My bad, I see your answer above.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I believe that there is no truth in religion, per se..... But that the aim of all religions is to bring one to Truth........and few succeed. The way is narrow, and few there be that find it.
According to all Truth, all Scripture, according to Yahuweh,

the goal of all religions is to keep people deceived, to keep them from finding God's Kingdom, to keep them opposed to and not seeking Jesus or Truth.

Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Only like in the Garden. From the enemy of Christ, mixed with a poison fatal. (spiritually and maybe physically also)

What do you think of the following from Buddhism:

"Hurt not others in ways that you yourself would find hurtful." Udanavarga 5:18

Would you say that is a moral falsehood? Should we hurt others in ways we would not want to be hurt? Is that moral command found in Buddhism a deceit? If it is not, then would you agree that truth can be found in other religions?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AllDayFaith

Sep 15, 2018
Spring Hill
Visit site
✟76,307.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think only Christianity is the right religion because the others talk about many gods or they don't mention the Savior at all. The only way to eternal life with the Father is through to Son.

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's an interesting statement. So, you would say that more than one succeed?
Im saying that God will find one who is ready to be found, no matter what building they attend on whichever holy day they may choose to attend them.

Reactions: public hermit
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Im saying that God will find one who is ready to be found, no matter what building they attend on whichever holy day they may choose to attend them.

I see, thank you for the clarification.

• Friendly
Reactions: RaymondG
Upvote 0

public hermit

social troglodyte
Site Supporter
Aug 20, 2019
East Coast
✟840,212.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I also enjoy the works of Socrates, Plato, Lao-Tzu, and Confucius. However there is only one way to the Father, and that is through Jesus Christ.

I enjoy reading those as well. :) Would you say that truths can be found in those writings even though there is only one way to the Father? If so, would you mind giving an example?

Upvote 0