Is There Such a Thing as a Biblical Feminist?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Feminism has deep seated within it a call for justice. Social Justice if you like, but justice nonetheless.
Do you realize the difference in truth, in true justice and righteousness,
VS what it appears you call "social" justice - in fact "social" anything ?

i.e. it is very extremely and dramatically NOT "justice none-the-less".

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I have never, ever seen a girl or woman wearing a t shirt which says "I've got my period; stay away."
They would have had to advertise it like that in Bible times because they believed it made the woman unclean, but not today.
I don't believe they 'advertised' in Bible times, but they were strictly careful NOT to be in a place or situation where they would make someone else unclean,
if they were faithful to God.
They believed it made the woman unclean BECAUSE it does. It is written.
This has not changed, as God's Word never changed.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Psychologist Jordan Peterson discusses this at length. The differences between males and females are real enough, and this self consciousness that makes its presence among girls and women much more than men is a very painful thing, unpleasant experience for anyone to go through.
This does not rest in harmony with Scripture.
Note that psychs usually are completely in opposition to Scripture, by the nature of their trade.
For girls and women faithful following Jesus, they do not find that they have to avoid anything others call "a very painful thing, unpleasant experience for anyone to go through" -- that is society's way of propagating many errors and prejudices and pains and suffering.

There are also evolutionary reasons....
No one has ever discovered, and never will, a so-called evolut.... reason for these things referred to.
Yahweh Created everything perfect and simple,
"mankind" came up with many devices (sinful ones).

Yahweh's Word (Scripture) describes clearly all about these things, without the errors of the flesh contaminating His description and His Instructions.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Bible also doesn't declare God as a *male* spirit. All we have are metaphors....and they are not all masculine.
This is almost , kind of, true perhaps in part, but still off and separate/ different from Scripture.
The Truth of Yahweh, The Word of Yahweh is Pure, Healing, Peaceful, Gentle and Simple, with no evil at all in it.

When Yahweh Says He, Him, etc that is what Yahweh means. Man of course changed a lot, and the enemy as well as the flesh and all mankind leads to much inaccuracy and disobedience and confusion.

Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do you realize the difference in truth, in true justice and righteousness,
VS what it appears you call "social" justice - in fact "social" anything ?

i.e. it is very extremely and dramatically NOT "justice none-the-less".
It is law that is distinguished from justice in this way.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is law that is distinguished from justice in this way.
Which 'law' ?

Feminism as I've seen in the USA has no justice nor any call for justice anywhere so far.
From what is written in Scripture I don't believe the feminism in the USA, by definition can lead to nor increase justice - rather it is led to and increased dis-order, shame, rebellion, and perhaps many other maladies.

Biblical feminism, if this is okay to refer to what is found in Scripture for truth,
is much much (entirely ) different in motivation, actions and results.

I've never seen Biblical feminism practiced or exampled or promoted in politics though.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't believe they 'advertised' in Bible times,

But if they were bleeding/menstruating they had to keep out of people's way or, if they HAD to go out, they would have needed to tell someone what was happening so that no one touched them.

but they were strictly careful NOT to be in a place or situation where they would make someone else unclean,

Except for the woman with the issue of blood who was desperate enough, and Jesus who was compassionate enough, not to let it make a difference.
He didn't tell her off for breaking the law, tell the crowd that dozens of them had been made unclean or shout "unclean, unclean".
She broke the law by even approaching Jesus, never mind touching him - yet he healed, and didn't rebuke, her.

They believed it made the woman unclean BECAUSE it does.

You might believe that; hundreds of people don't.

This has not changed, as God's Word never changed.

No. GOD doesn't change, but he sometimes works in new, and different, ways.

Once, people had to offer animal sacrifices to atone for their sin; they had to take these animals to the priests at the temple to be killed. Jews don't even do that today - they have no temple for a start. Gentiles certainly don't do that, because we have Jesus. God sent his Son to be a sacrifice once and for all for sin. He no longer requires animal sacrifices.
God told Isaiah that he would work in a NEW way. He told Jeremiah he was making a NEW covenant.

If you believe that Jesus fulfilled the law and the prophets and has saved us, yet still, on top of that, want to obey all the Jewish food and hygiene laws; that is up to you. Most of us don't want to do that.

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

Philip_B

Bread is Blessed & Broken Wine is Blessed & Poured
Site Supporter
Jul 12, 2016
Swansea, NSW, Australia
Visit site
✟611,930.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Which 'law' ?

Feminism as I've seen in the USA has no justice nor any call for justice anywhere so far.
From what is written in Scripture I don't believe the feminism in the USA, by definition can lead to nor increase justice - rather it is led to and increased dis-order, shame, rebellion, and perhaps many other maladies.

Biblical feminism, if this is okay to refer to what is found in Scripture for truth,
is much much (entirely ) different in motivation, actions and results.

I've never seen Biblical feminism practiced or exampled or promoted in politics though.
So I take it you do not hear the call for justice within feminism. I accept you can not respond to what you cannot hear.

Further to that there is a problem where some things have been taken as feminism that may not be core to the issue and some of that seems to be issues that cause more disquiet.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: teresa
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So I take it you do not hear the call for justice within feminism. I accept you can not respond to what you cannot hear.
No. We are not supposed to respond to so-called "social" movements. Only expose them if someone in the Ekklesia is trapped, tricked, or misled by them or tempted by them.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Define for me what you consider to be a "social movement", please.
From Scripture,
It is a rather long and kind of intense, though simple read.
About 20 pages pdf format by WUEST about Galatians.
If you can't find it let me know later and I'll get more refined search terms to identify it.
(it's free with no strings attached, no malware that I've run into so far in years).

OOPS! sorry - it's 97 pages. by /on a website rhymes with chirps. :)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
From Scripture,
It is a rather long and kind of intense, though simple read.
About 20 pages pdf format by WUEST about Galatians.
I asked you how YOU define it since you used the term. I shouldn't have to read 97 pages to know what you're speaking of when you post about a certain term.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I asked you how YOU define it since you used the term. I shouldn't have to read 97 pages to know what you're speaking of when you post about a certain term.

It actually would take much much more than just alone those 97 pages for you to gain understanding of what I am speaking about. Few ever gain the understanding and I do not know any shortcuts to gain the understanding. (understanding is GRANTED FREELY by the FATHER from heaven, as HE Pleases, but it may often take years before HE accomplishes this, Perfectly in His Way, in line with all of His Word).

There is so much associated with what you don't understand, same as it was for me and probably most other people also (I don't know many if any who gained understanding in a short time, even by Yahweh's Grace and Doing, when they had lived so long in the world and the world's way of thinking and of doing things) .

Trust the Father to accomplish this, as always, for the timing is ENTIRELY HIS, and
as Jesus says if we trust HIM once for all time to accomplish this (likewise everything to do with salvation in this life and in the life to come)
then it is already done. (even though we may not 'see' this for years or decades)

His Word, His Understanding, His Life, is worth more than all the gold in the world,
so yes, it is totally worth trusting Him and doing what He says in line with all His Word and His Plan and His Purpose.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Well.....from where I sit.....when someone says, "Just trust God to take care of this" as a response to things like rampant domestic abuse in church-going homes.....wicked child abuse.....child hunger.....biased medical care...etc, it just seems to be nothing more than an excuse to not get involved. I'm sorry. That's not what I see as the mission of the Body of Christ.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Have you never worked with girls before? Reason is never an issue. Girls in puberty are extremely self conscious and everything is magnified way out of proportion.
And what is the reason for that?

Upvote 0

PloverWing

Episcopalian
May 5, 2012
New Jersey
✟336,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Sinful cultures do not refer to the Church. Exhortation on the lost is weak and ineffective in the long run.
Sinful cultures can contain large populations of Christians, who may not yet see the harmful aspects of their own culture. It's hard to see the flaws in one's own culture, when one has been surrounded by it for all of one's life.

Exhortations of fellow Christians can be effective.

Christians who are living the gospel fully can transform their culture.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Really? So in the womb I thought, Hmm, I think I will be a boy. Poppycock.

Yes that is where it is determined.You were originally a girl but a "wash" of hormones
changes your brain configuration into a "male" setup. But like all hormone systems
is is subject to a lot of variance. You may have noticed both men and women
who are not matched to your ideas of male and female.

How Early Hormones Shape Gender Development - NCBI - NIH
upload_2018-5-11_18-41-23.png

How Early Hormones Shape Gender Development
by SA Berenbaum - ‎2016 - ‎Cited by 22 - ‎Related articles
Studying prenatal hormonal influences on gender development is challenging: .... versus adopted children (the latter differentiates changes due to pregnancy hormones from childrearing). .....Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 2001.

Prenatal endocrine influences on sexual orientation and on sexually ...
upload_2018-5-11_18-41-23.png

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3296090/by M Hines - ‎2011 - ‎Cited by 127 - ‎Related articles
Feb 17, 2011 - Sexual orientation varies markedly for men versus women, as well as for individuals ...Hormones and sexual differentiation of brain and behavior in non-human ... The same manipulations produce neural changes as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0