Status
Not open for further replies.

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
So we in this church on sunday, which friends belong to, so we visiting right, the pastor is preaching about immortality here on earth, he uses an example of this guy who was in his church who did not believe in immortality, so the next week he died, was it because of his unbelief, they think so, was I wrong in my amazment in this statement, as far as I believe immortality happens after death which is eternal life, Jesus said he came to give us life, yes, eternal life, he came to do away with the law and we now take on the law of the spirit. how can one believe we do not die on this earth?:confused: my question here is if the pastor's wife had to fall down dead tomorrow, was it because she did not believe or was it due to disobedience.

Reactions: pinetree

KleinerApfel

When I awake I am still with You
Mar 4, 2004
Somewhere
✟35,470.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trust your judgment - you're right to think something is wrong.

I don't think any of the original 12 disciples are still walking among us, nor Mary mother of Jesus, Lazarus or his sisters, Mary Magdalene, the apostle Paul, just to name a few - did they lack faith?!

Like Tamara says, craziness, don't go back!

Upvote 0

Edvin76

Jul 15, 2009
✟7,611.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Bizarre. There are lots of excesses spouted in the name of FAITH

Hi Gratefulgrace, I can't send PM as I have no 15 posts yet, so I ask it here:
I love your avatar so much, could you tell(or PM) me how did you get it?

Thank you so much,
Ed

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ELSHADDAI

Aug 18, 2004
DURBAN SOUTH AFRICA
✟200.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Don't walk away from that church, RUN AWAY! Find someplace where they share about Jesus from the bible.

God Bless You:)

luckily we not part of this church, however people we know is, and there is no ways one can convince them either way, we will not be back there even to visit. they share about the Lord but they seem to appropriate scripture in half measures and not full measure, it seems it only what suits them. any one heard of Chad Dedmon, he is ministring in our church this week end here in south africa, looking forward to it.:)

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,540.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
luckily we not part of this church, however people we know is, and there is no ways one can convince them either way, we will not be back there even to visit. they share about the Lord but they seem to appropriate scripture in half measures and not full measure, it seems it only what suits them.

It sounds like you're describing some extreme 'Word of Faith' teachings. Maybe better to pray to the Lord for another church.

God Bless You:)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Paul1965

Liberal Fundamentalist
Jul 15, 2009
Ohio
✟7,740.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So we in this church on sunday, which friends belong to, so we visiting right, the pastor is preaching about immortality here on earth, he uses an example of this guy who was in his church who did not believe in immortality, so the next week he died, was it because of his unbelief, they think so, was I wrong in my amazment in this statement, as far as I believe immortality happens after death which is eternal life, Jesus said he came to give us life, yes, eternal life, he came to do away with the law and we now take on the law of the spirit. how can one believe we do not die on this earth?:confused: my question here is if the pastor's wife had to fall down dead tomorrow, was it because she did not believe or was it due to disobedience.

It is definitely a stretch to say the man died because of his unbelief in immortality. The man must not have believed in Jesus though. I would say we are mortals here on earth. Once we reach the place of immortality through Christ after this life, then we're immortals. Only for those whom the Lord says will escape the second death! Some people fear death. Imagine the fear of having to die twice! Although I'm not SDA, I do believe in their teaching that the lost soul is eternally destroyed. I believe scripture supports it! I don't believe the God of love will make the lost suffer for ever and ever. The second death is the end of the lost forever.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.