Is there anything a God could do that would make him evil?

Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
I know you’re not actually an “Interested” Atheist, so I won’t entertain you with the basics of the ontological argument. You’re welcome to do some personal study so you can be InterestedAtheist instead of IgnorantAtheist.
If you wish to break the forum rules by insulting other members, that's your choice.

Scripture is clear that our sin does affect God. Does it do Him physical harm? Obviously not at this point. But God is relational, and sin hinders our relationship with Him. And Jesus did endure physical pain and suffering due to sin.
His death on the cross made it possible for you to be forgiven of your sins.
Scripture is of no relevance here. You need to provide reasons for why something should be believed to be true, and "Because the Bible says so" means nothing.
Jesus endured physical suffering for our sins? First of all, what does "his death made it possible for us to be forgiven for our sins" mean? It's a nonsensical concept.
Second, and not unimportantly, Jesus endured a couple of days of rather extreme physical suffering - two thousand years ago, after which he resumed his place as God in Heaven. So to leap from "we can harm God" to "and we know this because God was harmed when he took on human form" means very little.

You mean, God can’t be harmed physically. If you’re going to take the exclusive definition of harm as physical and ignore the other types of harm, then you need to remain consistent and say that God specifically can’t be harmed physically. You attempted to say that since God can’t be harmed physically that He can’t be harmed “at all”.
Well, since the primary meaning of harm is physical injury, I thought we'd start off with that.
However, if you wish to assert that it is possible for us to harm God in any other way, then you will need to prove that. How exactly do we go about hurting the almighty, all-knowing creator of the universe? Do we hurt his feelings? Do him brain damage? Reduce his abilities in some way?

God is personal and intentional and desires a relationship with you. Therefore, all your sins matter to God. All your sin, from the smallest to the biggest hinders your relationship with Him.
Ah, here we come down to it. So, the "harm" we do God is that our sin hinders a relationship with Him.
Why? How? Can you explain yourself?
How exactly does this "sin-hindering-relationship" process work?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I’ve no idea what you are trying to say here. Speak plainly.
The whole world knew about King Solomon AND about His Wisdom.
The whole world knew about Columbus.
The whole world knew about NOAH (who preached for 100 years while working on the ARK as God gave Him specific directions) .

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
The whole world knew about King Solomon AND about His Wisdom.
The whole world knew about Columbus.
The whole world knew about NOAH (who preached for 100 years while working on the ARK as God gave Him specific directions) .
No it didn’t. How could an Australian 4000 years ago have heard of Noah?

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
False dichotomy? Deny the truth?

How did ALL the nations HEAR of King Solomon ?
I don’t know: it’s an assertion. How did the Australians hear about Noah? You seem to think they knew about the Noachian ark- how did they know?

You won’t answer my question because there is no way they could have known.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I don’t know: it’s an assertion. How did the Australians hear about Noah? You seem to think they knew about the Noachian ark- how did they know?

You won’t answer my question because there is no way they could have known.
Study how all the world knew of King Solomon, or of Christopher Columbus, or anything at all. As you wish, in good time.
You don't seem to want to know anything. So you will have to start searching or studying / researching IF you want to know.

bye.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,979.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
Study how all the world knew of King Solomon, or of Christopher Columbus, or anything at all. As you wish, in good time.
You don't seem to want to know anything. So you will have to start searching or studying / researching IF you want to know.

bye.
Ha!

Does victory dance!

Upvote 0
Aug 4, 2006
✟95,047.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

bye.
Ironic!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums