Is there any reason to Bible only reason for a 6,000 year old earth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

EveryTime

Amen, as christians we have a much higher authority than a flawed constitution written by men with no inspiration from God. ( Although the claim that all americans agree to follow the constitution is a bit dubious.)
Just who do you think wrote the Bible? it was written by men who said they had been spoken to by God.
Does it ring any bells?? Salt Lake City...Utah...Tabernacle choir.

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
The fact is those who base their worldview on the Bible must rely on the Bible above all. If the Bible seems to indicate somthing then that is how it must be. This is the very definition of faith. If the Bible is allegorical or wrong then all claims it makes are thus. So if the Bible and what we see, or what lientists discover do not line up them I defer to the Bible. I mean who should we trust Almighty God or some dude who wants to deny Him. If the earth is older than six thousand years old God in his infinate wisdom has not provided us with that information, but the information given by modern science certainly makes no sense it is all predicated on the suspension of physical laws without the intervention of an all powerful creator, this is the epitome of illogical, flawed thinking.

God, in his infinite wisdom gave us an entire planet full of information of an old earth. He wrote it in the rocks.

The all-or-nothing view of the Bible puts so much value on a human written document how could it ever live up to that?

If the bible was "inspired" by God then why can't one learn from it but not necessarily need every jot and tittle match up with a minister's interpretation of what that word is?

Generations have done ok with understanding some aspects as allegorical and others as literal.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
God, in his infinite wisdom gave us an entire planet full of information of an old earth. He wrote it in the rocks.
Don't try to convince me the rocks tell me anything about the Bible, until you can tell me what Jesus said the rocks would say.

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

If nature doesn't point to Jesus Christ, nature can take a hike.

Upvote 0
Don't try to convince me the rocks tell me anything about the Bible, until you can tell me what Jesus said the rocks would say.

Luke 19:40 And he answered and said unto them, I tell you that, if these should hold their peace, the stones would immediately cry out.

Well said.

Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian

Don't forget these stones :)

Mat 24:2
And Jesus said to them, "Do you not see all these things?
Assuredly, I say to you, not [one] stone shall be left here upon another, that shall not be thrown down."

The Destruction of Jerusalem - George Peter Holford, 1805AD
"I consider the Prophecy relative to the destruction of the Jewish nation,
if there were nothing else to support Christianity, as absolutely irresistible."(Mr. Erskine's Speech, at the Trial of Williams, for publishing Paine's Age of Reason)

.......................In executing the command of Titus, relative to the demolition of Jerusalem, the Roman soldiers not only threw down the buildings, but even dug up their foundations, and so completely levelled the whole circuit of the city, that a stranger would scarcely have known that it had ever been inhabited by human beings. Thus was this great City, which only five months before, had been crowded with nearly two millions of people, who gloried in its impregnable strength, entirely depopulated, and levelled with the ground. And thus, also was our LORD'S prediction, that her enemies should "lay her even with the ground," and "should not leave in her one stone upon another, " (Luke xix. 44.) most strikingly and fully accomplished !...........................

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship

Still elevating your own emotional needs above reality I see. Good, good.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Don't forget these stones :)
Yes, indeed, but I'm basically talking geology here -- not prophecy.

People tell me, the rocks say this and the rocks say that, and that may be what they see in the rocks; but the rocks also should testify of Jesus Christ.

If they don't ... as they say ... their chatter don't matter.

Upvote 0

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Yes, indeed, but I'm basically talking geology here -- not prophecy.

People tell me, the rocks say this and the rocks say that, and that may be what they see in the rocks; but the rocks also should testify of Jesus Christ.

How should they? What are you asking the rocks to do?

If they don't ... as they say ... their chatter don't matter.

Oh, it matters all right, otherwise you wouldn't have to try find a way for yourself of making it ignorable.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If it doesn't matter, why did you invent embedded age?

He didn't.
When Jesus changed water into wine, the result was
fruit juice with "embedded age" added. He just noticed
it was in the story.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If it doesn't matter, why did you invent embedded age?
How many times, scientist, have I denied this in the past seven years? even going in-depth to do so?

For about the 100th time:
Adam Clarke's Commentary said:
It appears that God created every thing, not only perfect as it respects its nature, but also in a state of maturity, so that every vegetable production appeared at once in full growth; and this was necessary that man, when he came into being, might find every thing ready for his use.

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
He didn't.
When Jesus changed water into wine, the result was
fruit juice with "embedded age" added. He just noticed
it was in the story.

The question wasn't addressed to you, but thanks for the answer. There is no need to "embed age" in wine. An omnipotent God is perfectly capable of creating it from nothing (or from water) without "age".

Upvote 0

CabVet

Question everything
Dec 7, 2011
Los Altos, CA
✟28,402.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many times, scientist, have I denied this in the past seven years? even going in-depth to do so?

For about the 100th time:

How many times, preacher, do I have to repeat this?

Maturity does not require age or history.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
How many times, preacher, do I have to repeat this?

Maturity does not require age or history.
Then until you come up with a better term, I'll stick with Embedded Age.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,911,755.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How many times, preacher, do I have to repeat this? Maturity does not require age or history.

I'm with you 100%. History is a hand written record, so obviously.
Age has no connection with maturity, as many an old punk has posted here.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.