is there a place for recarnation with in christianity ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

All4Christ

✙ The Handmaid of God Laura ✙
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No let me explain slowly.

People have memories of a previous life. It is not there.
If that the memories is confirmed to be an actual life
(For example a kid claims to be reincarnated and have all the memories of George Washington)
A demon, has given them the memories of their ancestors.
If it cannot be confirmed a real life, its just dreams put there
Have you experienced this or known someone who experienced this?

Personally, I do not believe your view of sin being passed on with memories is correct, nor do I agree with your conclusion of what you believe.

Do you have any supporting sources from either historical tradition or scripture?

Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you experienced this or known someone who experienced this?

Personally, I do not believe your view of sin being passed on with memories is correct, nor do I agree with your conclusion of what you believe.

Do you have any supporting sources from either historical tradition or scripture?
Is there more to this than I thought?

I thought he was saying that if one believes reincarnation it is because Satan had given certain thoughts of the dead to living unbelievers and has caused great deception which is why unbelievers believe reincarnation

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
we know that every man will die for his own sin

And no man will be able to quote the proverb "the father has eaten sour grapes and the sons teeth are set on edge"

That means sins do not pass down from generation to generation

All souls are HIS
And the soul that sins shall die

(And the dead soul will not be recycled)

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

I thought he was saying that if one believes reincarnation it is because Satan had given certain thoughts of the dead to living unbelievers and has caused great deception which is why unbelievers believe reincarnation
yes that is what i meant :(

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

I didn't understand it to mean that Satan gave those thoughts to others. I thought he was saying it was a part of original sin. Perhaps I misunderstood?

Upvote 0

All4Christ

CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
Mar 11, 2003
PA
Visit site
✟1,022,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
yes that is what i meant :(
If I misunderstand, I apologize. I do disagree with it being a part of original sin, though if a person is given those memories (though I've never heard of it), I would say it is not of God.

I appreciate the clarification (and any future clarification).

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I didn't understand it to mean that Satan gave those thoughts to others. I thought he was saying it was a part of original sin. Perhaps I misunderstood?
Yeah I think so

I think we all initially misunderstood
But he was saying it's Satan's work of deception

Upvote 0

Robert Richborough

May 5, 2017
Manchester
✟47,835.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If I misunderstand, I apologize. I do disagree with it being a part of original sin, though if a person is given those memories (though I've never heard of it), I would say it is not of God.

I appreciate the clarification (and any future clarification).

Sorry what I was trying to say that Satan gives us our ancestors memories through genes or other things when people find out that they are related and have memories of a "past life" and that they didn't actually have a past life, its satan giving them memories of the dead.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I believe the foundation for the belief in reincarnation was only a few hundred years after the flood. It started with a lie. Nimrod was a close descendant of Noah. He had a wife named Semiramis who became the first high priestess of the mystery religion of Babylon. After Nimrod died, Semiramis became pregnant and claimed it was supernatural, the lie. She had a son, named Tammuz whom she claimed was Nimrod, reborn. Thus, Nimrod reincarnated into Tammuz.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sorry what I was trying to say that Satan gives us our ancestors memories through genes or other things when people find out that they are related and have memories of a "past life" and that they didn't actually have a past life, its satan giving them memories of the dead.
Or that they weren't related at all
This doesn't necessitate Satan's ability to deceive

What does is that one is an unbeliever therefore ignorant and open to Satan's deceptive lies

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe the foundation for the belief in reincarnation was only a few hundred years after the flood. It started with a lie. Nimrod was a close descendant of Noah. He had a wife named Semiramis who became the first high priestess of the mystery religion of Babylon. After Nimrod died, Semiramis became pregnant and claimed it was supernatural, the lie. She had a son, named Tammuz whom she claimed was Nimrod, reborn. Thus, Nimrod reincarnated into Tammuz.
Satan has always twisted the truth and provided portions and distortions of GOD's TRUTH so that men have become deceived in believing somehow myths were before GOD

When really myths were just the result of Satan teaching the sons of men how to practice divination

Superstitious men who knew of his but did not know enough to discern what is GOD's TRUTH
from what is the result of Satan's twisting truth and feeding unsuspecting men suggestions and distortions and portions and Half truths

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,574.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
He had a wife named Semiramis who became the first high priestess of the mystery religion of Babylon. After Nimrod died, Semiramis became pregnant and claimed it was supernatural, the lie. She had a son, named Tammuz whom she claimed was Nimrod, reborn. Thus, Nimrod reincarnated into Tammuz.

Just about the whole of this myth is the product of 19th century quackery.

Nimrod didn't have a wife named Semiramis. And Tammuz was not the offspring of Nimrod and/or Semiramis.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Status
Not open for further replies.