Is the year when the tribulation ends written in scripture?

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
In Daniel 8:12-13, it is the little horn, at the time of the end, who stops the daily sacrifice.

Tiberius Caesar, or more likely, Marcus Pontius Pilate, who was in authority over Jerusalem when the Pharisees brought Jesus to him bound, and he granted their request to crucify Christ.

According your logic, it was Jesus, who stopped the daily sacrifice. But according to history, the daily sacrifice actually continued for 40 years, thereabouts, until the temple was destroyed in 70ad.

Jesus caused the sacrifices to cease their utility when he was made the ultimate sacrifice in the middle of the 70th week of Daniel's prophecy. Several "weeks" afterward he returned in judgement to destroy the physical temple. The sacrifices had already ceased in their effectiveness.

Upvote 0

Brian Mcnamee

Feb 2, 2017
usa
✟221,465.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Jesus says they did not know the day of their visitation because they were looking for a physical kingdom to be re-established and that wasn't what the prophecies were about.

The ceasing of the sacrifices happens in the "middle" of the 70th week. (AFTER 7 + 62 weeks = 70 weeks). There is no gap between the 69th and 70th week except in the vivid imagination of people who are trying to mislead those they teach.

The "ceasing" was not stopping, it was the ceasing of effectiveness. Jesus became king when he was crucified and resurrected, the sacrifice to end all sacrifices, not when he rode in on a donkey. Then in AD 70-74, which was many "weeks" after the 70th week of Daniel's (God's) prophecy, the physical temple was destroyed. The resurrection of Christ was the "rebuilding" of the temple, the spiritual temple.

Acts 2:30-33
"Therefore, being a prophet, and knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him that of the fruit of his body, according to the flesh, He would raise up the Christ to sit on his throne, 31 he, foreseeing this, spoke concerning the resurrection of the Christ, that His soul was not left in Hades, nor did His flesh see corruption. 32 This Jesus God has raised up, of which we are all witnesses. 33 Therefore being exalted to the right hand of God, and having received from the Father the promise of the Holy Spirit, He poured out this which you now see and hear."

The dead bodies in Jerusalem? Dead to God. Why did Jesus command them to be born again? Because they were spiritually dead, cut off from God.

Jesus was made king through his death burial and resurrection. The temple spoken of in prophecy was him, not the physical temple. John attests to this in his gospel account.

John 2:13-21
"Now the Passover of the Jews was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. 14 And He found in the temple those who sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the money changers doing business. 15 When He had made a whip of cords, He drove them all out of the temple, with the sheep and the oxen, and poured out the changers’ money and overturned the tables. 16 And He said to those who sold doves, “Take these things away! Do not make My Father’s house a house of merchandise!” 17 Then His disciples remembered that it was written, “Zeal for Your house has eaten Me up.”

18 So the Jews answered and said to Him, “What sign do You show to us, since You do these things?”

19 Jesus answered and said to them, “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.”

20 Then the Jews said, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and will You raise it up in three days?”

21 But He was speaking of the temple of His body. 22 Therefore, when He had risen from the dead, His disciples remembered that He had said this to them; and they believed the Scripture and the word which Jesus had said."

That term "the scripture" is speaking about the Old Testament prophecies about the rebuilding of the temple. At the end of Luke we read that Jesus opened the apostle's minds to the scriptures so they could understand the prophecies. Then of course they wrote things down so we could also understand those prophecies and not fall into the same errors of the Pharisees and scribes.

John 5:39
"You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me."
take a moment and list the details and think if they are congruent in the way you assemble them. You did manage to get the sacrifice stopped in the middle of the week. but scriptures shows 3 times the kingdom comes when Israel is saved and not destroyed. You ignored the Hosea post and the current events which have every preparation for another temple being planned at the same time a Satanic one world government is being formed. You did not reconcile the rest of Jer 31 either which shows Jerusalem being rebuilt and never to be thrown down again and declared holy.

psalm 2 and 110 is in play and think where did Jesus ascend to.
1 Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 “Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”
7 “I will declare the decree:
The LORD has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break[fn] them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”

1 The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
2 The LORD shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion.
Rule in the midst of Your enemies!
3 Your people shall be volunteers
In the day of Your power;
In the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning,
You have the dew of Your youth.
4 The LORD has sworn
And will not relent,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
5 The Lord is at Your right hand;
He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.
6 He shall judge among the nations,
He shall fill the places with dead bodies,
He shall execute the heads of many countries.
7 He shall drink of the brook by the wayside;
Therefore He shall lift up the head.

The nations now through the UN are plotting a vein thing against the LORD and His anointed. Note Jesus is to sit there until his enemies are made His footstool then he is king on the holy hill in Zion and nations are his inheritance. In Dan 2 the kingdom comes when the stone cut without hands descends and destroys hte image of mans kingdoms and there is no trace of them any more. The stone becomes a mountain that covers the earth and is a kingdom that has no end. The kingdoms of man still stand and the righteousness that is to cover the earth has never been. Here is a link to a UN blasphemy that points to the kingdom of antichrist rising through this entity.

What you have right is that the new covenant is in full force and for now the kingdom is not of this earth and there is a thing as Spiritual Israel. The idea of national Israel being saved and the LORD coming as king over this earth is reality and the things you have right are not effected by this prophetic destiny. Read Ezekiel 36 and Isaiah 61 and explain how those passages make any sense if the church is Israel.

The Earth Charters Unholy Ark

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
take a moment and list the details and think if they are congruent in the way you assemble them. You did manage to get the sacrifice stopped in the middle of the week. but scriptures shows 3 times the kingdom comes when Israel is saved and not destroyed. You ignored the Hosea post and the current events which have every preparation for another temple being planned at the same time a Satanic one world government is being formed. You did not reconcile the rest of Jer 31 either which shows Jerusalem being rebuilt and never to be thrown down again and declared holy.

psalm 2 and 110 is in play and think where did Jesus ascend to.
1 Why do the nations rage,
And the people plot a vain thing?
2 The kings of the earth set themselves,
And the rulers take counsel together,
Against the LORD and against His Anointed, saying,
3 “Let us break Their bonds in pieces
And cast away Their cords from us.”
4 He who sits in the heavens shall laugh;
The Lord shall hold them in derision.
5 Then He shall speak to them in His wrath,
And distress them in His deep displeasure:
6 “Yet I have set My King
On My holy hill of Zion.”
7 “I will declare the decree:
The LORD has said to Me,
‘You are My Son,
Today I have begotten You.
8 Ask of Me, and I will give You
The nations for Your inheritance,
And the ends of the earth for Your possession.
9 You shall break[fn] them with a rod of iron;
You shall dash them to pieces like a potter’s vessel.’ ”

His resurrection "broke" them. The only real power that government has over men is their physical lives. Jesus taught us not to be afraid of that.

Luke 12:4-5
"And I say to you, My friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do. 5 But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear Him who, after He has killed, has power to cast into hell; yes, I say to you, fear Him!"

It was his resurrection which confirmed that word and which gave us confidence that no nation could kill us and harm our relationship with God in so doing. He broke the nations. "Death where is your sting?"

1 The LORD said to my Lord,
“Sit at My right hand,
Till I make Your enemies Your footstool.”
2 The LORD shall send the rod of Your strength out of Zion.
Rule in the midst of Your enemies!
3 Your people shall be volunteers
In the day of Your power;
In the beauties of holiness, from the womb of the morning,
You have the dew of Your youth.
4 The LORD has sworn
And will not relent,
“You are a priest forever
According to the order of Melchizedek.”
5 The Lord is at Your right hand;
He shall execute kings in the day of His wrath.
6 He shall judge among the nations,
He shall fill the places with dead bodies,
He shall execute the heads of many countries.
7 He shall drink of the brook by the wayside;
Therefore He shall lift up the head.

The nations now through the UN are plotting a vein thing against the LORD and His anointed. Note Jesus is to sit there until his enemies are made His footstool then he is king on the holy hill in Zion and nations are his inheritance. In Dan 2 the kingdom comes when the stone cut without hands descends and destroys hte image of mans kingdoms and there is no trace of them any more. The stone becomes a mountain that covers the earth and is a kingdom that has no end. The kingdoms of man still stand and the righteousness that is to cover the earth has never been. Here is a link to a UN blasphemy that points to the kingdom of antichrist rising through this entity.

That the nations of the UN plot things is coincidence, not fulfillment of prophecy. He IS right now, king on the holy hill - heaven.

The very passages you cite, are the same passages quoted by Paul which he says confirms Jesus' authority and which were fulfilled by his coming. He broke the nations by demonstrating that their executions have no real power over us. His defying of death makes him higher in authority than any of the nations. They killed him and he rose, nullifying their power over him.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The ceasing of the sacrifices happens in the "middle" of the 70th week. (AFTER 7 + 62 weeks = 70 weeks). There is no gap between the 69th and 70th week

AFTER (And after threescore and two weeks) in Daniel 9:26 does not mean - in the "middle" of the 70 week, Jesus was crucified.

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

(unto the Messiah the Prince) Jesus rode into Jerusalem, riding the donkey, on Palms Sunday, hailed as the messiah, John 12:12-15 (below).

Four days later, Jesus was crucified (cut off, but not for himself). That is the "after" (after threescore and two weeks). Four days. Not crucified the three and a half years after the end of the 69 weeks (7+62) as you are claiming (in the middle of the 70th week).

• Winner
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

The physical temple was rebuilt by the time Jesus started his ministry.

(unto the Messiah the Prince) Jesus rode into Jerusalem, riding the donkey, on Palms Sunday, hailed as the messiah, John 12:12-15 (below).

Four days later, Jesus was crucified (cut off, but not for himself). That is the "after" (after threescore and two weeks). Four days. Not crucified the three and a half years after the end of the 69 weeks (7+62) as you are claiming (in the middle of the 70th week).

After three score and two weeks, is also after the 7 weeks prior to that. That is 69 weeks total and puts us in the 70th week of the prophecy.

Right in the middle of the 70th week, just as was predicted:

"Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week (70th week);
But in the middle of the week
He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering."

Since the weeks being discussed are seven year periods, we're talking about some where in the middle of the last seven year period determined (by God) for this prophecy. Jesus' ministry lasted roughly three years. That would put his crucifixion right in the middle of the "week" when he caused the sacrifices to cease their effectiveness.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

In Luke 17, Jesus compares the evil end of the age to the "days of Noah" and "days of Lot" [Lot lived in Sodom]. Both are Biblical examples of evil societies so much past the point of no return God intervened to destroy them. Both were so clueless of their evil, they continued their routine evil lives... until Noah and his family entered the ark and God's two angels [two witnesses] led Lot and his family out of Sodom... in other words, until God totally destroyed them with water and fire. In Luke 17:29-30, Jesus compares His second coming to the fire that destroyed Sodom.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
The physical temple was rebuilt by the time Jesus started his ministry.

That was Herod's third temple.

Per Josephus, Herod totally destroyed the second temple - the temple Cyrus had decreed built after he conquered Babylon and returned Israelites back to Jerusalem [Ezra 1] and Darius had decreed completed [Ezra 6.] Ironically, Darius placed a curse on the king/people who would harm the second temple. Darius' curse fell on Herod and Herod's third temple that Jesus said would be destroyed and it was along with the Edomite-jew Herodian dynasty.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

In Luke 17, Jesus compares the evil end of the age to the "days of Noah" and "days of Lot" [Lot lived in Sodom]. Both are Biblical examples of evil societies so much past the point of no return God intervened to destroy them. Both were so clueless of their evil, they continued their routine evil lives... until Noah and his family entered the ark and God's two angels [two witnesses] led Lot and his family out of Sodom... in other words, until God totally destroyed them with water and fire. In Luke 17:29-30, Jesus compares His second coming to the fire that destroyed Sodom.

And then he says that the generation standing there would witness the wrath.

Upvote 0

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
And then he says that the generation standing there would witness the wrath.

The generation Jesus referenced in Matthew 24:34 is the generation that would witness the signs of the end of the age... the generation that would not pass [die off] until God's second coming. I compare that generation to today's baby boomers whose lives have witnessed both the grave sin of the "days of Noah" and the grave sin of the "days of Lot" become tolerated, accepted, then officially protected by evil humanistic laws.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
The generation Jesus referenced in Matthew 24:34 is the generation that would witness the signs of the end of the age... the generation that would not pass [die off] until God's second coming.

He used the near demonstrative pronoun "this" - ουτος. It meant the current generation. He didn't say "a generation in the future" or some of you standing in the future, he said some of you standing "here."

To put his words as relating to a generation 2000+ years in the future is to ignore the grammar used, as if he didn't know how to properly express his meaning, and it is also to insert pretext into the text.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

The Bible should be interpreted wholistically taking into account its historical aspects.

There is a relationship between the Babylonian/Edomite destruction of Jerusalem/temple in the OT and the timing of Jesus' birth/ministry/death/resurrection which happened when another pagan empire [this time Rome] and Edom also ruled Judea [Edomites had feigned conversion to being "jews" in the 2nd century BC so they could live in Judea. King Herod I who Rome decreed the client king of Judea was an Edomite-jew.]

There is also a similar relationship between Jesus' first coming and Jesus' second coming. This is why there are also analogies in Bible prophecies that refer to these different times/events. For example, the book of Revelation using "Babylon" to name [and also describe and give us insight into] the end time evil empire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
After three score and two weeks, is also after the 7 weeks prior to that. That is 69 weeks total and puts us in the 70th week of the prophecy.

Right in the middle of the 70th week, just as was predicted:
The 4 days after the 69weeks (of unto Messiah the Prince) is 4 days into the gap. Not into the 70th week.

70ad, the destruction of the temple by the people of the prince who is to come, is also into the gap. The Romans were not Jesus's people, but the Jews. The prince who shall come is the little horn person, king (leader) of the end times Roman Empire . Presently, the EU.

The 70th week begins with the confirmation of the covenant by the prince who shall come for 7 years. Still future. As is the stopping of the daily sacrifice by the little horn person in Daniel 8:12-13. Who at the time will be perceived by the Jews as the messiah.

Daniel 8:17 So he came near where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell upon my face: but he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision.

In Daniel 12:11, the stopping of the daily sacrifice and the abomination of desolation is time of the end.

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

The Bible should be interpreted wholistically taking into account its historical aspects.

But this should not involve the casual reading of the text. And historical aspects don't counter grammar or immediate context. They have to harmonize.

There is also a similar relationship between Jesus' first coming and Jesus' second coming. This is why there are also analogies in Bible prophecies that refer to these different times/events. For example, the book of Revelation using "Babylon" to name [and also describe and give us insight into] the end time evil empire.

But the doctrine that prophecies need to be fulfilled or even can be fulfilled two or three times is non existent in the Bible. When God makes a prophecy and it is then fulfilled, it's fulfilled.

In Thessalonians we read that Jesus' feet won't touch the ground at his second coming. He's not coming back to rule on the earth. When he comes back it will be to collect his church. Then, as Peter says, the earth will be burned up.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
The 4 days after the 69weeks (of unto Messiah the Prince) is 4 days into the gap. Not into the 70th week.

There is no gap. Even if it were only 1 day, that is the seventieth week. Do you even realize that you're arguing with God?

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,168.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
There is no gap. Even if it were only 1 day, that is the seventieth week. Do you even realize that you're arguing with God?
You are claiming to be God?

There is a gap between Jesus's first coming and his second coming. Revelation, which is about Jesus's Second Coming was presented to John by Jesus decades after Jesus's first coming.

• Haha
Reactions: Brian Mcnamee
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

AlasBabylon

Mystic
May 8, 2012
Seeking a better country
✟17,196.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Obviously, Jesus' second coming is still future because THE major events that happen at Jesus' second coming... the hope of God's people for many millennia... have not happened yet.

1 Corinthians 15:12-26

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian
You are claiming to be God?

Please. You are arguing with biblical prophecy which was given by God.

There is a gap between Jesus's first coming and his second coming. Revelation, which is about Jesus's Second Coming was presented to John by Jesus decades after Jesus's first coming.

Revelation isn't about Jesus' second coming. There are references to the judgement day, but the main thrust of the book is a warning to the seven churches of Asia about trials they were "shortly" going to have to endure.

The gap between the 69th and 70th week of Daniel's prophecy is non existent. When the 69th week ended, the 70th began. This is clear from the text and God's statement to Daniel that seventy weeks were determined. Not more, not less. A gap would argue with God's statement, for one, and it indicates time between two things. God didn't appoint or determine any time between any of the seventy weeks.

Time has elapsed since Christ was crucified and the kingdom was preached to the Jews. That isn't a gap between the 69th and 70th week. Any "gap" that is relevant to us is between the end of the 70th week and the end of time or 'Last Day'. Interestingly, it seems that the end of the 70th week was about the time that Peter preached to Cornelius, opening the kingdom up to the Gentiles.

Upvote 0

Al Touthentop

Nov 24, 2019
VENETA
Visit site
✟34,926.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
Politics
US-Libertarian

The same quickly used in the beginning. He's talking about the judgement addressed to the seven churches of Asia that this prophecy is directed toward. He's not talking about the day of judgement or "Last Day" obviously because he still hasn't come. It's been 2000 years since the prophecy was delivered to the seven churches in Asia.

Revelation 1:1-
The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave Him to show His servants—things which must shortly take place. And He sent and signified it by His angel to His servant John, 2 who bore witness to the word of God, and to the testimony of Jesus Christ, to all things that he saw. 3 Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near."

It's ironic that people read the middle of this book, which was prefaced by saying that the visions in it were figurative, but when it comes to these passages, they are read figuratively.

Upvote 0