• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Is the Trinity Broadcasting Network anointed?

Discussion in 'Non-denominational' started by Help-me-learn, Sep 4, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camaro540

camaro540 Regular Member

+0
    Messianic
    Unless these people fall on their faces and repent for they're Baal worship, I will not see them in Heaven.

Your right, the borthers and sisters in Christ Jesus are suppose up lift each other, but we are to also correct one another when we need it.

I don't know them? Are you kidding me? Oh, I know them, and they are of they're father the Devil. Jesus said that we (His followers) would know them (Baal worshippers) by they're fruit. He also warned us (His followers) that:

Many shall come in my name, and say that I am Christ; and shall decieve many.

TBN has decieved thousands of people, and I for one am not going to stand for it.

2. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Please Note: Regardless of your views of TBN, let's not turn them into bashing this network (Rule 2). Do read the forum rules and proceed to obey them. If this thread continues to deteriorate, it will be closed.

Thank you.

3. Loser For Jesus

Loser For Jesus Member

+0
    Christian
    Married
    For what its worth, I understand why a warning has been issued, but I pretty much agree with everything camaro540 wrote. I won't add anything to it, though, in case this deteriorates further.

love in Christ,
    Malcolm

4. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    I'm sorry then. I just wanted to warn you. . .I didn't want to be meanspirited or anything. . . :sorry: :bow:

5. sola fide

sola fide neo-Puritan

+6
    Calvinist
    Mark 16:18 "...and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them..."

Many teachers on TBN would apply that scripture to their faith teachings, but TBN is the only reason I've ever seen a chance for it to be applied to my life.
    TBN poisoned me upon my receiving Christ. It poisoned my views of doctrine and my Christian walk. I'm still having to fight with many of the heretical views I accepted due to my watching that station. My testimony of TBN is this, stay away from it. I'll admit, I still turn it on occasionally, but it serves more to provoke me to wrath than to edify me.
    Of course if you want to listen to people who have been known to falsly prophecy- such as kim clement or juanita bynum, it would be a great station. Or if you want to listen to benny hinn tell you that catherine kulman was the greatest preacher who ever lived, or hear him prophesy that Jesus Christ himself is going to appear in the flesh on the platform with him in nirobe(sp), Kenya...then by all means it's a great station.
    I don't deny that the station has probably been used by God to bring many to Christ, but God can speak through donkies, whales, and blazing foliage for that matter. My advice is stay away, stay away, stay away...find yourself a good a.m. radio station, like the bott radio network.

Soli Deo gloria!

6. sola fide

sola fide neo-Puritan

+6
    Calvinist
    Sorry, didn't realize their were that many replies in this thread, I'm not trying to bash tbn, just to encourage people to avoid it.

7. ZiSunka

ZiSunka It means 'yellow dog'

+276
    Christian
    Pointing our its obvious flaws is not saying that the people who watch it are going to hell. I'm simply saying that the shows are low-quality, cheaply produced, and many of them are of questionable theology and questionable value. I don't think anyone could rationally argue with that. Stating the truth is not a sin.

8. Susan

Susan 退屈させた1 つ (bored one)

+120
    Non-Denom
    Single
    US-Democrat
    AMEN Lambslove -^.^-

9. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    so why dont the critics quit complaining and bashing and come up with something better?

10. LouisBooth

LouisBooth Well-Known Member

+59
    Christian
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    "so why dont the critics quit complaining and bashing and come up with something better?"

Umm..we have started to, in Texas, its a radio station called KSBJ. :) We are not to stop watching against false teachers though.

11. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

+21
    Non-Denom
    Once's there's a "better" network, those who cant take TBN can quit murmuring and watch it, and those who like TBN can continue watching it, minus the noise.

12. Chloe

Chloe The whole Bible is the Whole Word of God

+0
    TBN teaches unbiblical and&nbsp;unsound&nbsp;doctrine.&nbsp;&nbsp; Benny Hinn, Kenneth Copeland, Joyce Meyer, Paul and Jan Crouch, Bob Larson, Rod Parsley, etc are false teachers.&nbsp; They not only teach false views on basic biblical doctrine, they preach another gospel, the gospel of health and wealth and holy laughter, not the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

The only program&nbsp;that teaches biblical truth, is Day 7 with Greg Laurie, that's if it's still on TBN.&nbsp; Other than that,&nbsp;Bible believing Christians&nbsp; should avoid it like the plague.

13. MizDoulos

MizDoulos <font color=6c2dc7><b>Justified by grace through f

+3
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There has been plenty of opinions expressed about TBN, echoing the same sentiments for the most part on these four pages. While stating the truth is one matter, putting down TBN as a group over and over again is breaking Rule 2. We must be fair to all.

Since I don't see any further benefit of leaving the thread open, it is being closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.