Is the Rapture biblical?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Having an opinion that leans post-trib doesn't lock anyone into that scenario, if it turns out to be an error. I would prefer pre-trib, but there are too many verses that suggest otherwise.
Good according to Scripture - Believe and Trust the Father because He is the One Creator.

Choosing to believe anything else, for fleshly reasons, may have devastating consequences, unless repented of in time to be healed.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Having an opinion that leans post-trib doesn't lock anyone into that scenario, if it turns out to be an error. I would prefer pre-trib, but there are too many verses that suggest otherwise.

You also have to contend with the fact that God took up Enoch where he did not see death. This is a type of the Pre-Trib Rapture or a Mid Trib Gathering up by God to be with Him (without that person seeing death). Methuselah dying also brought in the coming of the judgment. Meaning: When God's people were slaughtered in great number by the antichrist, God's Wrath will pour out. Noah and those on the Ark being protected through the global flood symbolize the 144,000 being protected through the extreme part of the Tribulation period.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
But it just seems unlikely that God would seal and protect only the 144,000 and not your average faithful believer.
1 Peter 4:18 - KJV - And if the righteous scarcely be ...

1 Peter 4:18 - KJV - And if the righteous scarcely be saved,...
And if the righteous are barely saved, what will become of the godless and wicked? The Complete Jewish Bible "If the righteous is barely delivered, where will the ungodly and sinful end up?" ... No one can be saved without effort, and in fact the righteous are saved only by constant and strenuous effort on their part.

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version "Strive to enter through the narrow door.
=============================================
So much for the average person.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
1 Peter 4:18 - KJV - And if the righteous scarcely be ...

1 Peter 4:18 - KJV - And if the righteous scarcely be saved,...
And if the righteous are barely saved, what will become of the godless and wicked? The Complete Jewish Bible "If the righteous is barely delivered, where will the ungodly and sinful end up?" ... No one can be saved without effort, and in fact the righteous are saved only by constant and strenuous effort on their part.

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow ...

Luke 13:24 "Make every effort to enter through the narrow door. For many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able.
"Make every effort to enter through the narrow door, because many, I tell you, will try to enter and will not be able to. New Living Translation "Work hard to enter the narrow door to God's Kingdom, for many will try to enter but will fail. English Standard Version "Strive to enter through the narrow door.
=============================================
So much for the average person.

So what view do you hold to?

Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, or Post-Trib, or no Trib?

I would rather believe and be taken up then to miss out on it.
Some think a person can not believe in the Rapture and still be taken up.
That to me is silly. God desires us to have faith.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So what view do you hold to?

Pre-Trib, Mid-Trib, or Post-Trib, or no Trib?
I believe it is far far far best to just follow Jesus today, as His sheep, listening to Him, hearing Him, and DOing what He Says to do, as He Says to.

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Repartee Animal: Quipping the Saints!
Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟965,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have heard all of the arguments for pre-trib before (and prefer that scenario). On the post-trib side, there is the details from the Wheat & Tares parable (as given in an earlier post) and the Ten Virgins about securing enough oil to wait all night, if necessary. (There might be more, but I find those two to be the most compelling.)

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I believe it is far far far best to just follow Jesus today, as His sheep, listening to Him, hearing Him, and DOing what He Says to do, as He Says to.

I agree that we must live holy for our Lord Jesus Christ. I believe a person can miss out on the Pre-Trib Rapture or the Mid-Trib Gathering of the Saints if they are not living faithfully for Jesus.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have heard all of the arguments for pre-trib before (and prefer that scenario). On the post-trib side, there is the details from the Wheat & Tares parable (as given in an earlier post) and the Ten Virgins about securing enough oil to wait all night, if necessary. (There might be more, but I find those two to be the most compelling.)

There are Two Calls:

The Possible Pre-Trib Rapture Call:
(The Call to Marriage):

"And while they went to buy, the bridegroom came; and they that were ready went in with him to the marriage: and the door was shut." (Matthew 25:10).​

The Mid-Trib Gathering Call:
(The Call To Invite More After the Wedding Ceremony Takes Place):

"And ye yourselves like unto men that wait for their lord, when he will return from the wedding; that when he cometh and knocketh, they may open unto him immediately." (Luke 12:36).
If you will notice Luke 12:36, it is similar to Matthew 25:10, but the difference is that the Lord is taking more men AFTER he will return from the wedding.

NOTE: It is possible that the first call is the Mid-Trib Gathering Call, and the second call is the Post Trib Rapture or Gathering of the Elect for those within the Great Tribulation period. But I would prefer to not miss out on the Pre-Trib Rapture (seeing that there are verses that do appear to line up with it, like Enoch being taken up without death, and the apostle John being told to come up in Revelation, etc.). Enoch being taken up, and John being taken up in Revelation appears to fit the type of the Pre-Trib and not the Mid Trib gathering up by angels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

PaulCyp1

Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2018
Massachusetts
✟239,255.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The Bible was compiled over 1,600 years ago, so if predestination was biblical, don't you think Christians might have noticed it more than 200 years ago, which is when the idea of predestination was first dreamed up?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The Bible was compiled over 1,600 years ago, so if predestination was biblical, don't you think Christians might have noticed it more than 200 years ago, which is when the idea of predestination was first dreamed up?
seems non-sequitur - I double checked (this page) and did not find any previous reference to predestination.

Just went back and searched the entire thread , and found no previous mention.

2 results
Is the Rapture biblical?

March 11, 2020 • 36 posts • 299 views
Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum
#49 - PaulCyp1
Is the Rapture biblical?

March 11, 2020 • 36 posts • 299 views
Eschatology - Endtimes & Prophecy Forum
#50 - yeshuaslavejeff
seems non-sequitur - I double checked (this page) and did not find any previous reference to predestination.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
The historical true Church never heard of a pretrib or midtrib rapture prior to the 19th century.

The saints of old were of one accord in their expectation that the Church would experience tribulation.

What changed?
What changed? Do you mean 'tradition' ? (that changed a lot more than people usually realize)

Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟965,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Some think a person can not believe in the Rapture and still be taken up.
That to me is silly.
Such won't be taken up because they got that question right on a theology test. It will be because they belong to Him.

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJV

Reactions: IntriKate
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Such won't be taken up because they got that question right on a theology test. It will be because they belong to Him.

"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known." 1 Corinthians 13:12 NKJV
Isn't it written somewhere that Jesus is returning for those who are eagerly watching/ waiting for Him (obediently and with peace and joy) ?

And that they will be priests in His Kingdom on earth ? Some people have claimed they will all be kings also, but I don't see that as accurate - Jesus (and perhaps David?) will be the Ruling King. All the rest of us , Yahweh Willing, may be priests, but not everyone can be "king" in a kingdom.. (can they?) ....

Upvote 0

friend of

A private in Gods army
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2016
provincial
✟767,623.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
So both the Pre-Trib believers (Which I see as a possibility), and the Mid-Trib believers (Which I see as a definite thing)

So you believe in 2 raptures then? I'm not sure I can get behind that.

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,198,991.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So you believe in 2 raptures then? I'm not sure I can get behind that.

Well, technically the 2nd one is a gathering up by angels and not a Rapture. I did not always believe this way. Reading the Olivet Discourse more closely and looking at the two calls made me to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Saints during the Mid Trib are told to look up because their redemption draws near. We see also that one is taken and the other is left. This is the gathering up by angels so that God's people will not go through God's Wrath. The last remaining believers will be removed before God pours out the really bad judgments and the 144,000 will be sealed (protected) during this time, as well.

• Friendly
Reactions: friend of
Upvote 0

Sabertooth

Site Supporter
Jul 25, 2005
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟965,553.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And that they will be priests in His Kingdom on earth ? Some people have claimed they will all be kings also, but I don't see that as accurate - Jesus (and perhaps David?) will be the Ruling King.
"But you are
  • a chosen generation,
  • a royal priesthood,
  • a holy nation,
  • His own special people,
that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light;..." 1 Peter 2:9 NKJV
All the rest of us , Yahweh Willing, may be priests, but not everyone can be "king" in a kingdom.. (can they?) ....
One of Jesus' titles is King of Kings. That and Nebuchadnezzar's dream suggests that He is the Emperor to us being kings...

Upvote 0