Is The Matrix Literally The Devil?? The World??

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
"Because the devil is a deceiver (Revelation 12:9), he tries to make people believe that he is omnipresent like God. Satan fell because of his sin of pride and desire to be like God (Isaiah 14:13–14). Therefore, it is understandable that the devil would want to deceive humans into believing that he is present everywhere. It may seem as if Satan is present everywhere at the same time because of widespread spiritual attacks, but that is an illusion. Satan has numerous demons in his service who also carry out his schemes (Matthew 12:24; Ephesians 6:12). Charles Ryrie comments: “The very large number of demons may make them seem to be everywhere present, though that is not so. Yet Satan working with them can use their number to attempt to promote his plans everywhere” (Basic Theology, Moody Publishers, 1999, p. 186)."

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
"Because the devil is a deceiver (Revelation 12:9), he tries to make people believe that he is omnipresent like God. Satan fell because of his sin of pride and desire to be like God (Isaiah 14:13–14). Therefore, it is understandable that the devil would want to deceive humans into believing that he is present everywhere. It may seem as if Satan is present everywhere at the same time because of widespread spiritual attacks, but that is an illusion. Satan has numerous demons in his service who also carry out his schemes (Matthew 12:24; Ephesians 6:12). Charles Ryrie comments: “The very large number of demons may make them seem to be everywhere present, though that is not so. Yet Satan working with them can use their number to attempt to promote his plans everywhere” (Basic Theology, Moody Publishers, 1999, p. 186)."

The devil is NOT literally omnipresent of course.

There's plenty other Bible verses that says our world is evil and because it's evil, you'll be hated by everyone as a true follower of Christ, and because our world is evil, friendship with the world or loving the world is enmity with God because friendship with the world is like making friends with the devil. Jesus called the wealth of this world as "unrighteous wealth".

False prophets will be loved and admired by many while the real prophets are slandered as evil. And many more, it's all in the Bible.

Upvote 0

dms1972

Site Supporter
Feb 26, 2013
✟596,524.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
The film seems to lend itself to several readings / interpretations, probably because it has several sorts of philosophical and mystical and literary influences woven into the story. The Wachowski's where also influenced by Kevin Kelly's book Out of Control, and lots of other writers and filmakers. They have also said they read and re-read Homer's The Odyssey in preparation.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

michaeljason

Mar 4, 2022
Tampa, FL
✟9,826.00
Country
United States
Faith
Salvation Army
Marital Status
Single
Here's a quote by Morpheus about the Matrix:

The Matrix is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel it when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. It is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

Now, I replace 'Matrix' with 'Devil' and 'it' with 'him':

The Devil is everywhere. He is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see him when you look out your window or when you turn on your television. You can feel him when you go to work... when you go to church... when you pay your taxes. He is the world that has been pulled over your eyes to blind you from the truth.

The Matrix could also simply be The World.

Now we reference applicable Bible verses:

1 John 5:19
We know that we are children of God, and that the whole world is under the control of the evil one.

1 John 2:15-16
Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world—the desires of the flesh, the desires of the eyes, and the pride of life—is not from the Father but from the world.

Is the World the Devil? The Matrix? Was Morpheus' character based upon St. John?

John 15:18-19
If the world hates you, understand that it hated Me first. 19If you were of the world, it would love you as its own. Instead, the world hates you, because you are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.…

"The Matrix is a system, Neo. That system is our enemy. But when you're inside, you look around, what do you see? Businessmen, teachers, lawyers, carpenters. The very minds of the people we are trying to save. But until we do, these people are still a part of that system and that makes them our enemy. You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so inert, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Matthew 10:36
For I have come to turn ‘a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law. 36 A man’s enemies will be the members of his own household.’ 37Anyone who loves his father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me;…

Luke 6:22;26
Blessed are you when people hate you,
when they exclude you and insult you
and reject your name as evil,
because of the Son of Man.
Woe to you when everyone speaks well of you,
for that is how their ancestors treated the false prophets.

Would it be a coincidence these verses are not very popular preaching material??:)
If you every study art and not just have a systems failure and declare 'there are no' rules you realIze that the matrix was one of Leonardo da Vinci's inventions a chain mail for horse. All that movies means to me is very bad version.. or maybe even a rebellion against the book.

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,188.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
The film seems to lend itself to several readings / interpretations, probably because it has several sorts of philosophical and mystical and literary influences woven into the story. The Wachowski's where also influenced by Kevin Kelly's book Out of Control, and lots of other writers and filmakers. They have also said they read and re-read Homer's The Odyssey in preparation.

Yes, true. It really doesn't fit any philosophical thoughts completely.

In some angles, it's absurd, while they're trying to evade the agents, they don't really conduct themselves in a low profile manner like going around in expensive cars, expensive clothes, blowing up stuff and causing lots of collateral damage and actually killings lots of people in the process. While the film gives you the idea nothing in the matrix is real, but if you die in it, you also die in the real world which mean all the people they killed in the matrix would have also died in the real world. They could have tried minimizing collateral damage and deaths but it seemed they didn't care.

So you really can't try to fit it in a certain mold. It has both good and bad stuff in it.

What I'm really trying to do here is just picking up bits and pieces but so far, Matrix is one of the films which has loads of truth in it.

We really do live in an evil world where money is God even spirituality and religion is often centered around money, large emphasis of God showering you with material blessings and much being money and opportunities to make more money.

The love of money is root of all evil. No truer words have been said.

Reactions: dms1972
Upvote 0