Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you so much for your reply. It is very hard for me. It's very conflicting also. I am proud to be brought up in my SDA faith because it really has taught me discipline. I'm not seeking to find errors of Adventism, I try my hardest to see the right in every circumstance, unlike many people. I just want to establish a stronger relationship with Christ, no matter what denomination. It's just that it is leaning towards that abusive side with my family. It is like they will only love me if I'm Adventist, to go as far and tell me that I'm not allowed to marry anyone who isn't an Adventist, still telling me that at 18 years old. I can tell you from my sister's experience, she could not live in my house anymore because she was not adventist. The situation with my parents have brought her away from God and I want to get her back. My parents don't even keep communication with her anymore, and it has been 2 years since I've seen her. (I'm aware not every single Adventist family is like that). It hurts so bad that I'm separated from the rest of believers despite denominations, that worship on Sunday (or keep Sunday as the sabbath), or that don't even go to church; but their faith is so strong in christ. Real hard.
I would like to ask you some questions? Are your parents, Latino, Asian or African? That makes a lot of difference. The more conservative the culture the more difficult it will be for you. If that is the case. I would just drop it until you are older and can support yourself. Then bring it up again. the practice of the SDA church is not in question it is very good. makes the best spiritual environment I have ever been in. so it will not kill you to worship and do what SDA's Do. Second, don't confuse, teaching with practice. people consistently do that. Third. Relax, God will take care of your parents. timing is everything with them. They may not be ready. your parents are trying to do what God wants they best they know how. you can't fault them for that. It is not your job to change them. Fourth, Adventism is not all wrong. That is a lie, ex sda's tell. There are good SDA church's were you can have a good spiritual life. They usually are the bigger ones. depending on your location I would look for a big one in your area. Fifth. You are too young to be dealing with these issues. I hate to say it. you don't have a track record. That does not mean you should not learn them, making decision about marriage, before you are even old enough to be married. it is all hypothetical with you. you need to focus on becoming what God made you to be and do in this world not on imaginary situations. You will cross that bridge when you come to it. It is like a nine year old worring about what he is going to be when he grows up. He needs to stop worring about that and just be a nine year old. you are 18. When I was 18 I was in boarding school, worried if this or that girl liked me, focused on home work and keeping out of trouble. You need to focus on preparing on College or a Vocation. The Answers will come in time. If you push to hard you may loose your faith all together. If the situation opens up to talk about it then take the oppertunity and no more. don't dump on them every thing you've learned. Sixth, There are Sunday Churches that have Saturday services try one of those. If you live near an SDA College or Bording School try there. They are usually more open.

Upvote 0

Adventist Heretic

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Sep 18, 2006
Parts Unknown
✟345,682.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
In my studies, I have come to New understanding about where Sunday Came from. It is very Biblical, very Apostolic, but it was never was a replacement for the Sabbath. Sunday (the Lords Day) was done in addition to the Sabbath day.

• Informative
Reactions: Erik Nelson
Upvote 0

Purity Clarity Parkes

Jun 4, 2017
Melbourne
✟15,369.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello! I'm very curious about this topic!

Hey, so I'm pretty young in my (new) faith, considering becoming an ex-adventist after 18 years (I am 18) because now that I'm away from home, I have been reading the Bible for MYSELF and not listening to what people tell me like how it was in the past, and my beliefs have shifted that of my entire family.

Growing up, I did not know what to think about other people who worship on Sunday, because Adventists worship on Saturday (not only Adventists. I'm sure there are other denominations that worship on Saturday and Jews). I was taught that Sunday worship was the mark of the beast all my entire life, and that Saturday was the true perfect day of rest and whoever worships on Saturday has the seal of God (quoted from Ellen G White). Now I'm at college, away from home, and I joined a christian fellowship group; with no one who is an Adventist. I see all these Jesus loving people who don't worship on Sunday and at first I questioned their salvation, since they have the mark of the beast because of Sunday, but now I go to church on Sunday also where most of the sermons aren't one dimensional towards just a denomination.

Just still in the waters about this question. People say it is a microchip, Sunday worship, or that those prophecies in Revelation already happened with Emperor Nero.

It is also very hard to open up to my parents about my new faith and leaving Adventism. I am not doing it out of disrespect, but because I want my relationship with Christ to grow, which I think they will despise.

I'm open to plenty of insight, thanks for your time! :)

Well done for turning to God for answers. Reading His Word is the best thing anyone can do to obtain knowledge and wisdom.

I would consult Revelation 13 for answers concerning the Beast (the Antichrist who will rule over the Earth during the Tribulation) and the False Prophet ( the person who will be one of his closest advocates, under the devil).

As for the mark of the Beast, I would emphasise Revelation 13:18, which states that the number of the Beast is the number of man which is, ‘...Six hundred three-score and six.’
That is, the number/mark of the Beast is 666.

For more information on the Antichrist, look at the last chapter of Daniel as well as Revelation 19.

May God grant you wisdom, strenght and knowledge on your search for the truth.

P.S.
Welcome to the family, my brother. From this point onward I shall be praying for you until the rapture.

Sincerely, Purity Clarity Parkes.

Upvote 0

Erik Nelson

Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2017
Utah
✟347,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
In my studies, I have come to New understanding about where Sunday Came from. It is very Biblical, very Apostolic, but it was never was a replacement for the Sabbath. Sunday (the Lords Day) was done in addition to the Sabbath day.
revelation 1:10, cp. Acts 20:7, 1 Cor 16:2

Orthodox Study Bible.

THE LORD'S DAY is the earliest reference to the Christian name for Sunday. The Didache and St. Ignatius of Antioch show this name was used very early for the day when Christians gathered to celebrate the Resurrection in the Holy Eucharist. As a fulfillment of the first day of the week of the old creation, Sunday becomes the “eighth day,” the “first day of the new creation.” The term “eighth day” is seen in 2En 33:1 and inaugurates the first day of the timeless age to come.

Upvote 0