Is the mark of the beast going to be about the papacy changing the day of the Sabbath?

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
So that translates to mean that everyone is going to hell but y'all, right?

Nah, ain't buying it.

Your translation of my post is in error just as is some of your translation of the Word of GOD

Upvote 0

GreekOrthodox

Psalti Chrysostom
Oct 25, 2010
Yorktown VA
✟176,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Why does the SDA always forget about the Eastern Orthodox Church? I feel left out. :(

SHHHH.... the first rule about the EOC is not to talk about the EOC! We're supposed to be worshipping Zeus or we known as the guys with great hats!

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Is anyone going to question the pope if he starts performing great signs? Or attempts to create an umbrella of all religions?

That's a pretty gigantic if.

If a pope one day were to do such a thing, he would become a heretic.

There have been heretical popes in the past. Just as there have been heretical bishops in other jurisdictions.

That said, such a matter would be a Roman Catholic issue to deal with, and I would expect such a thing would result in such a sitting pope being excommunicated latae sententiae, that is "already sentenced", meaning that the indulging of oneself in heresy results in a de facto excommunication. It could be say then that such a person has excommunicated themselves by their error.

According to this blog post, which goes into length about such a hypothetical situation (which cites official sources of Canon Law and Catholic teaching), effectively answers that under Canon Law there is a bit of a roadblock. It would likely therefore require a direct intervention from God; though I suspect that something would be done ecclesiastically speaking.

There is, I think much that could be said on that alone; but for the purposes of my response to you, this would be an ecclesiastical equivalent of a constitutional crisis, and would almost certainly result in serious debate, discussion, and very likely extraordinary measures.

However, faithful Roman Catholics are not bound to the mere opinions of a pope. And, indeed, it would be sinful and a potentially excommunicable offense to follow the opinion of a pope who had fallen into serious heresy.

Which is to say that this would absolutely be a big deal, and it would be an absolutely big deal for the Catholic Church--but it would be an issue for the Catholic Church.

As a Lutheran, this wouldn't effect me, I don't acknowledge the power or authority of the pope.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟890,003.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
What is the mark the mark are talking about a zit, a burn, a birth mark?

Share with us your understanding so we can avoid it also.

Thanks for providing the history.

I think it’s obvious that it will be a mark that is made by man not something like a zit or birthmark but something more like a tattoo or perhaps a microchip.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I think it’s obvious that it will be a mark that is made by man not something like a zit or birthmark but something more like a tattoo or perhaps a microchip.

How about Worship

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

What you believe about religion = forehead
What you do about religion = hand

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

Upvote 0

SamanthaAnastasia

Just a library lady
Dec 21, 2018
Earth
✟168,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
How about Worship

Revelation 14:9
And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand,

Revelation 16:2
And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

Revelation 20:4
And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years

What you believe about religion = forehead
What you do about religion = hand

Matthew 7:20
Wherefore by their fruits ye shall know them.

yeh but what if the Antichrist is worshipped like a dictator is?
Like North Korea.
The state religion of North Korea is officially atheist. But they literally worship their Dear Leader.
It definitely could be a physical mark to buy or sell.

While Islam is the fastest growing religion due to high birth rates, atheism seems to be the second.

so, yeah. It’s not Sunday worship, fam.

Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
yeh but what if the Antichrist is worshipped like a dictator is?
Like North Korea.
The state religion of North Korea is officially atheist. But they literally worship their Dear Leader.
It definitely could be a physical mark to buy or sell.

While Islam is the fastest growing religion due to high birth rates, atheism seems to be the second.

so, yeah. It’s not Sunday worship, fam.

So you do know the issue and reject the truth.

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,617.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
So you do know the issue and reject the truth.

Matthew 15:9
But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.

Or in the case of your church, the commandments of a very specific woman I guess.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0