Is the Latter Rain Still to Come?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
As Spirit filled believers, we have believed that what we have walked in is the latter rain promised before the Lord returns. But is this the truth? If we look at the fruits of our efforts as Charismatics and Pentecostals, the Answer is..... we are mistaken. We are told that God was going to do something so amazing, that if our eyes did not see it, we would not believe it.

In the past, when I spoke of a latter day outpouring, some have said that the only thing the Bible tells us is that there will be a great falling away and that all we have to look forward to is the rapture. Is it any wonder that Christians are languishing, as the world gets more and more evil? What we have not understood is that it will be the latter rain that causes this split in God’s church as the wheat and tares are finally separated.

Do we think God’s Plan was to start the church off with a bang..... no, an explosion... of power, joy and agape love, only to see it barely survive and end up with 500 disagreeing denominations, and the world calling us hypocrites, and frankly, rightly so? Did God plan on rescuing His defeated lukewarm bride at the last minute so the wedding could take place? Is our current condition what God considers without spot or wrinkle, a bride prepared for her wedding day?

If that were true, God would owe Ananias and Saphira a huge apology, for the standard of purity that caused men in the first century to exclaim of the early Christians “Behold how they love one another”, has sadly been watered down to the point that a one time cure all salvation and praying in tongues makes it all ok, no matter how we live. We talk the talk, but how many of us truly love God with ALL of our hearts? Who here loves the unloveable like they love themselves?

No, dear friends, there is coming an awakening, and we are to be a part of it. This is not going to be a ‘revival’ as we have known them in the past. It will be man centered, nor will it be centered in one city, as revivals in the past. No, it will be WILDFIRE, a worldwide church awakening to the truth that Satan has hidden from us for 1900 years.... the second half of the gospel..... the truth that sets us free indeed.

And what is this truth we are about to be awakened it? It is the HOW of holiness. We have long ago given up on holiness and remained in fetal positions clinging to the cross and reciting our mantra “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven.” Is it any wonder that what we possess is not very appealing to the masses in the world?

Ah, but in the coming latter day outpouring.... the latter rain..... we will awaken to the truth of who we are in Him.... and who we are not. Joel said that before Jesus comes back, our merciful and amazing God would fully restore what the cankerworm has eaten, and the world will KNOW that Jesus is Lord, plain for all to see.

And what will it be that will convince them, when all our efforts thus far have for the most part failed? Here is what God has told us.

“And the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, when I shall be sanctified IN THEM before their very eyes.”

Prepare to be amazed.

Blessings to all,

Gideon

Last edited:

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I will add one thing that won't sit well with most. The former rain in Acts 2 was poured out on a specific day, Shavuot/Pentecost. The latter rain will be no different. It will be poured out on a people that are celebrating Shavuot/Pentecost at the appointed time. Those "believers" that are trampling on that day will not receive it. The former rain prepared the field to grow the wheat necessary to comprise the wave loaves offered on Shavuot (Leviticus 23:15-17). Those loaves represent the "firstfruits unto YHWH" and they were "for the priest" (Leviticus 23:20). The 144,000 of Revelation 14:4 are the fulfillment of the firstfruits and are the result of the former rain. However, each loaf represents 144,000 totaling 288,000 to fulfill the type of David's kingdom in which he had 24,000 right hand men serving him each month for 12 months (1 Chronicles 27:1-15). King David is a type of King Yeshua, the anti-type. Just as these servants in 1 Chronicles 27:1 served King David in all matters of his kingdom, the 288,000 firstfruits serve King Yeshua in all matters of his kingdom. The other loaf of 144,000 is found in Revelation 7:1-4. They are the result of the latter rain yet to come. So while you say, "Prepare to be amazed", I say, "Prepare to receive it by keeping the commandments of YHWH and the faith of Yeshua."

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I will add one thing that won't sit well with most. The former rain in Acts 2 was poured out on a specific day, Shavuot/Pentecost. The latter rain will be no different. It will be poured out on a people that are celebrating Shavuot/Pentecost at the appointed time. Those "believers" that are trampling on that day will not receive it. The former rain prepared the field to grow the wheat necessary to comprise the wave loaves offered on Shavuot (Leviticus 23:15-17). Those loaves represent the "firstfruits unto YHWH" and they were "for the priest" (Leviticus 23:20). The 144,000 of Revelation 14:4 are the fulfillment of the firstfruits and are the result of the former rain. However, each loaf represents 144,000 totaling 288,000 to fulfill the type of David's kingdom in which he had 24,000 right hand men serving him each month for 12 months (1 Chronicles 27:1-15). King David is a type of King Yeshua, the anti-type. Just as these servants in 1 Chronicles 27:1 served King David in all matters of his kingdom, the 288,000 firstfruits serve King Yeshua in all matters of his kingdom. The other loaf of 144,000 is found in Revelation 7:1-4. They are the result of the latter rain yet to come. So while you say, "Prepare to be amazed", I say, "Prepare to receive it by keeping the commandments of YHWH and the faith of Yeshua."
And that brings us to the problem, doesn’t it? What are the two greatest commandments?

1) Love the Lord with all your heart, mind, soul, strength.

2) Love your neighbor as you love yourself.

Now, if we are going to be brutally honest, these should put us on our knees crying out like Paul in Romans 7, for we may want to obey these commandments, we may want to avoid the sins that so easily beset us, but how to perform them? We find not. Yet.

You see, obedience was never done away with because of grace. Just the opposite. Real grace, the fullness of grace, it teaches us how to see these things come about in our lives. Obedience under the old covenant was the heart of the covenant. And all failed. Why? Because if even one commandment was disobeyed, we were guilty of all.

But praise God, the new covenant is different. The blood of Jesus does not take obedience out of the equation. It lifts us up to fulfill it!! In Ezekiel 36, God lays out the coming new covenant, and after telling us that He is going to put a new heart in us, He then says that He will cause us.... yes CAUSE US..... to walk in obedience. Whoa.

We have all missed the amazing truth that grace not only forgives, it cleanses. But as our last awakening unfolds, as we cry out as wretched men trapped in Romans 7 to be set free to walk in the glory of FREE INDEED found in Romans 8, yes, I repeat my bold claim.

Prepare to be amazed. Our God is going to cause all who love the light and who want their lives to BE light to will (want to) and to do (actually perform it) of His good pleasure. Glory to God for His mercy and grace!

Blessings, dear brother

Gideon

• Agree
Reactions: gadar perets
Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I am glad you mention the passage in Ezekiel 36 which is crucial in understanding the work of the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant. May Almighty YHWH open up the ears and hearts of His people to hear what His Spirit is saying and obey it's leading.

Shabbat Shalom

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Historically the church has fallen into disarray and then there was some kind of a revival. The former rain and latter rain is seasonal, the biggest outpouring of the Holy Spirit was not Pentecost, it will be at the return of Christ. I do believe the church is in disarray right now but I still think we will see a revival in our lifetime.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am glad you mention the passage in Ezekiel 36 which is crucial in understanding the work of the Holy Spirit under the New Covenant. May Almighty YHWH open up the ears and hearts of His people to hear what His Spirit is saying and obey it's leading.

Shabbat Shalom
It amazes me that I walked for 38 years convinced that if I just tried a little harder, got a tad more disciplined, became a bit more sold out and less worldly, that then I would “arrive” and be a good Christian.

It took that long for me to come to the point of me having NO strength. Almost four decades of running laps in the wilderness, where I was the epitome of ‘ever learning but never able to come to the knowledge of the truth’.

What I missed is that the Israelites remained in the wilderness for one reason and one reason only.... unbelief.
Eleven years ago, when God in His mercy showed me what I had missed, faith that God could do in me what I could never do, I stepped out and believed.

And what did I believe? I believed that I was no longer an old creature trying by my own efforts to become new. No, I believed that Jesus had already made me new, having raised me up with Him at the resurrection. I had finally begun to wage my ‘good fight of faith’ and to my amazement and joy, found that God would indeed keep us from falling when we believe that He can and will do so.

We are not like the lame man at the pool of Bethesda who had to wait for the angel to stir the waters for healing to occur. We do not have to wait, languishing in defeat, boredom and sins that so easily beset us. The minite we decide to come into agreement with our God and, by faith, reckon ourselves dead to sin and alive unto Him, and then yield ourselves to Him as those who are alive from the dead, we have left the wilderness and begun our good fight of faith in the land of promise.

Make no mistake, there are battles here. Once we enter the promised land, and joy replaces discouragement and guilt, Satan now sees us as real threats, but let not our heart be troubled. With our shields of faith raised high, we will find to our amazement that they do indeed quench every single arrow Satan may cast at us.

May God open eyes and hearts to the fact that FREE INDEED is our birthright and Satan can do nothing to stop us from enjoying it and being established in overcoming faith, with the world, the flesh and the devil under our feet.

Live, bones, live. And thank you brother, for your encouraging posts. May God bless you richly.

Gids

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
@Gideons300

Great posts as always!
Thank you my sister in the Lord. We have seen the gospel thoroughly muddled in relations to what we have to ‘do’. Some think we are called to do nothing, that Jesus has already done it all. Others see that commandments are to be obeyed and that if we do not obey, we are not saved. Both sides have a measure of truth and yet both sides are missing a key element of our salvation.

To say nothing more is required of us ignores huge portions of the New Testament, where we are instructed to walk in holiness and purity by adding to our faith certain things, and if we DO these things, we will never fall. But to make our salvation contingent on acts we must perform puts us on a slippery legalistic slope that undermines faith.

It is what many see as a disagreement between Paul’s “by faith without works” and James’s “faith without works is dead”. If the Bible is inspired, and it is, there can be no conflicts, and yet, in this case, there seems to be one that has forced people into one camp or another.

How can both be right? They can be but only if it is our perspective on salvation and being born again is flawed, and it is.

You see, when we got saved, we truly were “born again”. We died with Jesus. Our old fleshly nature died with Him. And when Jesus rose from the dead to newness of life, He brought us up with Him. We too were resurrected and made new creatures. Our core, the center of our being was made totally pure.

However, this is where the problem begins. We take these things as fact with our heads, and agree with God in theory. But we fail to do the one thing asked of us in Romans 6. We fail to take these truths and make them our shield that keeps us safe. We have failed to reckon ourselves as dead to sin’s power and believe that we truly are new-natured men and women.

Thus we have embraced but one half of the gospel..... forgiveness.... but have failed to arm ourselves with the truth as to who we now are, which is key to our transformation into being Christ-like. Thus we are left still believing that we have old natures that somehow, we need to train and discipline to act “new”.

This puts us in a no-win situation. How wonderful it is that we are new-natured saints, but that truth will not profit us one bit unless we mix it with faith. There is one thing we as children of God are called to do, and that is to believe. But what are we to believe? It is not enough that we believe that Jesus died for our sins, even though He has. He asks us to believe that He was also resurrected to bring overcoming life to us.... now, in this life,and that we are new creatures....this very minute!

By missing this critical step, we are thrust into defeat mode, with the world, the flesh and the devil still ruling over us. And that defeat leaves us two choices, either to rally around a grace that forgives but offers us nothing as to the power to resist sin and grow up into Him in all things, OR to run back to self-powered obedience, thinking that by doing so, we are pleasing God.

But the word is clear. We are not to ignore our continuing to produce bad fruits after salvation. Nor are we to whack at our bad fruits as they appear by our diligence and self effort. New ones will just continually grow back, amen?What are we called to do?

We are called to “make our tree good”.

Praise God, each one of us has that power, for it is not an act of fleshly strength, it is an act of faith empowered by our realizing how weak we are, and that is the one and only way we can grow and become Christ-like. You see, we have taken the term “born again” and rallied around it, yet we have been totally blind to the depth of its meaning. If we are Christ’s, we ARE born again... new creatures... and sin has no more authority over us. The question is....do we truly believe it?

It is the only path to real overcoming,combining the blood of the lamb with the word of our testimony. In order to see this purity at our core grow to manifest God’s fruits of goodness, we are called to fight our good fight of faith and hold fast to our profession of who we really are. Satan will try everything to dissuade us, but praise God, we do not become new when we finally believe it hard enough. We ARE new creatures right now, even if we do not look it or act it. By continuing in that truth, with our shields of faith held high, Christ begins to grow up inside us and to our amazement and joy, we witness ourselves being changed into His likeness as we embraces the promises of God as OURS. God causes our obedience, praise Him forever!

In these last days, this is what we are awakening to. And as we do, one by one, an excitement and joy will begin to bubble up in us that has been absent in our walks since the early days when we were first saved. We, all of us who truly love the light, will not only witness, but be integral parts of the church being restored to the FREE INDEED that Jesus promised us.

Huge changes are coming. As the world spirals out of control, the church will arise from the ashes of powerless religion caused by embracing only half of the gospel and as a result, those in the world who have long had great disdain for the church will once again look at us and exclaim “Behold how they love one another!”

May that day come quickly. Live, bones, live.

Blessings to you, sister.

Gids

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
No. The Latter Rain began on Pentecost and continues today.
I remember having the privilege of talking to Leonard Ravenhill years ago and he posed a question I will pose to you.

Can you explain to me how 120 uneducated men filled with the Holy Spirit can turn the entire known world upside down in one generation, and we can have 120 churches claiming the exact same experience in one city, and those it the city do not know, or care that they exist?

If this is the latter rain, the harvest is going to be awfully disappointing. May God open our eyes, so we can weep tears for our contentment without godliness.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
reinhard-bonnke.jpg

Are you saying a man can present the Gospel to hundreds of thousands at a time not a fullfiment of the great commission?

Are you saying that the first 300 years of the church patriarchy healing the sick, raising the dead an evangelizing the earth did not happen?

The revivals that have continuously happened through millennia were not a continuation of the latter rain started in the Book of Acts?

Scripture clearly states:

Acts 2:16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’

Peter is explains what was happening that day. And the 120 men you referred to became over 10,000 within a short time.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
reinhard-bonnke.jpg

Are you saying a man can present the Gospel to hundreds of thousands at a time not a fullfiment of the great commission?

Are you saying that the first 300 years of the church patriarchy healing the sick, raising the dead an evangelizing the earth did not happen?

The revivals that have continuously happened through millennia were not a continuation of the latter rain started in the Book of Acts?

Scripture clearly states:

Acts 2:16 But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

17 ‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God,
That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh;
Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy,
Your young men shall see visions,
Your old men shall dream dreams.
18 And on My menservants and on My maidservants
I will pour out My Spirit in those days;
And they shall prophesy.
19 I will show wonders in heaven above
And signs in the earth beneath:
Blood and fire and vapor of smoke.
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness,
And the moon into blood,
Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the Lord.
21 And it shall come to pass
That whoever calls on the name of the Lord
Shall be saved.’

Peter is explains what was happening that day. And the 120 men you referred to became over 10,000 within a short time.
First, I pray you understand that the early rain that began at Pentecost was indeed an amazing sight. Scripture is clear and in that you are correct.

But those days have been followed by a long drought punctuated with occasional “mercy showers” to keep the crop alive. But today, we see the fulfilling of the prophecy “They draw near me with their lips. But their hearts are far from me.”

God has promised to cause us to walk in obedience to Him, but we are those that cling to our mantra “Christians aren’t perfect, just forgiven”, thus fulfilling the prophecy of Christians in the end time “having a form of Godliness but denying the power thereof.”

In Ezekiel 36, where this incredible promise is given to us, He also speaks of us right before we are awakened to our great need for this real Christianity and God is not pleased. He tells us that before the coming outpouring, we will have blasphemed His holy name wherever we have gone with our worldliness, unbelief and shallow Laodecian lukewarmness and hypocrisy. We simply do not get it. We are the only Bible the lost in the world can read, and sadly, the majority simply want nothing to do with our take on the gospel. I, for one, cannot blame them.

But praise God, our faithful savior will restore us to where we once walked and His promise is sure. The heathen WILL know that He is the Lord, when He shall be sanctified IN US before their very eyes.

That is not the case today, is it brother? We are quite content with nice Sunday services and a Christianity without a cost and think we have need of nothing, that somehow, we possess the same Spirit that drove a multitude of early disciples to lose their lives for the faith.

Why did they do this? They had already come to the point of hating their flesh and self-centeredness, and willingly, and joyfully, reckoned themselves dead to sin and self rule, so that God could truly fill them with Himself.

Some are going to finally come to the point of full repentance and faith willingly. But our God is so merciful that others, who will fight tooth and nail to defend our religious charade, will eventually still be swept up in the awakening, but these will look back on their pride and lukewarm contentment without godliness and shame will overtake them.

God has amazing things for us, but first we must be convinced we desperately need them.

Blessings, dear brother

Gids

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
First, I pray you understand that the early rain that began at Pentecost was indeed an amazing sight. Scripture is clear and in that you are correct.

There is your error. Pentecost is the latter rain, not early, notcsomething that started and mysteriously stopped.

It is still raining to this day.

2Tim 3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, ...

These are the last days. They have been the so for 2000 years it was the reason for the Spirit that was poured out on Pentecost

Acts 2:And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

The first century church was as flawed and had as many issues as the modern days church, they were no different in that respect.

Last edited:
Reactions: Netgear
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is your error. Pentecost is the latter rain, not early, notcsomething that started and mysteriously stopped.

It is still raining to this day.

2Tim 3 But know this, that in the last days perilous times will come: For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, ...

These are the last days. They have been the so for 2000 years it was the reason for the Spirit that was poured out on Pentecost

Acts 2:And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams.

The first century church was as flawed and had as many issues as the modern days church, they were no different in that respect.
I will leave you then to your opinion. I pray you realize that multitudes of even tongue talking Spirit filled believers are languishing, discouraged because they think they have everything God has for them. It will be those who know they are sick who will first be awakened to the truth of who they are and who they aren’t.

Everyone is sick. Sin and self rule reign everywhere. Some know it now, some do not know it yet. Some never will. May God awaken us to our deep need and to His greater supply.

Bless you dear brother,

Gideon

Reactions: Netgear
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Everyone is sick.

And I will leave you to your opinion and stay with what is clearly spoken of in scripture.

My prayer for you has always been Eph 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
And I will leave you to your opinion and stay with what is clearly spoken of in scripture.

My prayer for you has always been Eph 1:17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power.
According to that prayer found in Ephesians, which is one of my favorites, what is the power they were blinded to? Some would say healing, or miracles, or other gifts of the Spirit but the truth is that what they were blinded to, what they could not get their minds and heart to grasp, was that God can and will really cause us to walk in a real manifest overcoming, with everything Satan throws at us under our feet. Real faith brings us victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. Real faith allows Jesus to abide in our hearts 24/7/365 and the word is clear, if we walk in the Spirit,we will NOT fulfill the lusts of the flesh, amen? Rather, real genuine faith, faith that God has for all of us, will most certainly lead us to the fruits of the Spirit overflowing in our lives.

In the last days..... these days..... we are about to be awakened to the truth that we ARE light, not trying to become less darkness and more light by our self effort and the passage of time. Getting free from our old nature is an act of faith, when we finally come to understand we have NO strength, and it is the true beginning our our good fight of faith.

We have all been taught a gospel that tells us real victory is impossible, so armed with that twist on truth, guess what? We find no power to overcome, and as a people, we are healed only slightly, saying ‘peace, peace’ when there is no peace.

But praise God, when our desperation reaching critical mass, and we cry out lile Paul did in Romans 7, then to our amazement and joy, we will discover what Paul was praying for the Ephesians..... the God who will keep us from falling and cause us to walk as obedient,love-driven children of the most high God. God has a miracle for each one of us, but it requires we seek Him for it.

“I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel to do it for them.”

Ezekiel 36

Man, I love that. What an amazing God we serve!

Blessings, dear brother.

Gids

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟702,786.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
According to that prayer found in Ephesians, which is one of my favorites, what is the power they were blinded to?

Well, let's look:

To the Church at Ephasis

First chapter:
15 Therefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints, 16 do not cease to give thanks for you, making mention of you in my prayers: 17 that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give to you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him, 18 the eyes of your understanding being enlightened; that you may know what is the hope of His calling, what are the riches of the glory of His inheritance in the saints, 19 and what is the exceeding greatness of His power toward us who believe, according to the working of His mighty power 20 which He worked in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all principality and power and might and dominion, and every name that is named, not only in this age but also in that which is to come.22 And He put all things under His feet, and gave Him to be head over all things to the church, 23 which is His body, the fullness of Him who fills all in all.​

Notice no reference whatsoever of blindness

Then there is chapter three:
14 For this reason I bow my knees to the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 15 from whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named, 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with might through His Spirit in the inner man, 17 that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18 may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God. 20 Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, 21 to Him be glory in the church by Christ Jesus to all generations, forever and ever. Amen.​

Notice no reference whatsoever of blindness.

So, I have no idea what you are thinking in referencing blindness, when there is no reference to blindness.

But lets look at that reference in other versions just to check and be sure.

Above is NKJV

Here is AMP:

15 For this reason, because I have heard of your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all God’s people, 16 I do not cease to give thanks for you, remembering you in my prayers; 17 [I always pray] that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may grant you a spirit of wisdom and of revelation [that gives you a deep and personal and intimate insight] into the true knowledge of Him [for we know the Father through the Son]. 18 And [I pray] that the eyes of your heart [the very center and core of your being] may be enlightened [flooded with light by the Holy Spirit], so that you will know and cherish the hope [the divine guarantee, the confident expectation] to which He has called you, the riches of His glorious inheritance in the saints (God’s people), 19 and [so that you will begin to know] what the immeasurable and unlimited and surpassing greatness of His [active, spiritual] power is in us who believe. These are in accordance with the working of His mighty strength 20 which He produced in Christ when He raised Him from the dead and seated Him at His own right hand in the heavenly places, 21 far above all rule and authority and power and dominion [whether angelic or human], and [far above] every name that is named [above every title that can be conferred], not only in this age and world but also in the one to come. 22 And He put all things [in every realm] in subjection under Christ’s feet, and appointed Him as [supreme and authoritative] head over all things in the church,

Hope that helps -

Upvote 0