Is the Latter Rain Still to Come?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There is nothing to correct me on. I have never ever once said anything about being content with stays quo.

Please do not assume or accuse me of things I have never said.

Thank you
First, please forgive me if I offended you. I was talking in generalities. Each one of us should apply the truths shared to their own hearts. That is not my job, nor do I want it.

As to your request for scriptures that support what I share that an awakening, a final awakening..... the real latter rain.... is promised us before the return of the Lord.

Before I share them, we must all understand, to those who long for such a thing, both collectively and individually, these scriptures will be a lot easier to believe, than those who are content with things as they are, in both the church as a whole, and in their own walks with the Lord.

Ok, scriptures.

1) Certainly, the clearest one is the parable of the 10 virgins. All ten virgins had lamps.... the appearance of give off light. Five virgins had oil, five virgins had none. And the oil of course, is the Holy Spirit, the seal that assures them of their calling.

But there is a problem. None of their lamps were lit. Right before the master returns for his own, all ten virgins are awakened and instructed to light their lamps. Why? To give off light!

The five virgins with no oil cannot, and leave to go find their own. This is the great falling away. This is the tares being reomoved from the wheat. And what was once a lukewarm stew, now shines forth as light to the world, so that those who love the light WILL come to it. The final call now begins.

2) In the parable of the master sending his servant out to call all the master’s servants to the wedding feast, the call goes out, but a strange thing happens. When some of those ‘virgins’ are told of the call, they respond like Lot’s wife did. Their hearts had been overtaken by the world. They were in the world, and now ‘of’ it. So they began to make excuses as to why they could not come right then.

When the master heard this, He was hurt and angry, and thus told his servant to go back out in the highways and byways, find the hurting, the broken, the addicted, those who know they need a physician, and compel them to come in. I love that world. Compel them!

Will this be just a few? No, no! Lots! Why? Because the master said that His house WILL be full. Praise God.

3) The prophecy in Joel- We must understand, that this is.... must be.... a dual prophecy, like many in scripture. How do we know this? As we read, we see that part of this is talking about what Peter quoted, however, as we read, it is clear that part of it is talking about things clearly referring to the end of the end. The early rain will have come, but the army sent dries that up. But praise God, in the final days, God is going to restore what the cankerworm has eaten, The church, once glorious in her beauty, had been robbed of that glory. Time for the restoration. Time for the latter rain!

4) Perhaps the most encouraging scripture is found in Ezekiel 36.

Here God speaks to His children about the coming new covenant and what it will do for us. Very similar to Jeremiah 31. However, there is one huge difference. In God’s words in Ezekiel, amazingly, He tells us something we are even now being awakened to. Under the law, obedience was required. None could truly obey. In God’s new covenant, obedience was..... are we ready? PROMISED. Whoa. He tells us clearly that He will CAUSE US to obey. Glory to God.

Hat is strange about the rest of this amazing chapter is that He tells us that what we have done in representing His name is to blasphemed it, wherever we have gone. Ouch. Yet still, God tells us that He is going to sanctify and restore honor to His name. And how will he does this? He will awaken us to the above promise. And when we discover this so desperately needed promise, then we who love God will light our lamps. And what will the results be?

Multitudes, people who love the light but simply were not drawn by a religious Christianity that changed no one would stream into the kingdom like a tsunami of hungry souls. And why will they come?

“And the heathen shall know that I am the Lord when I shall be sanctified (made holy) in them before their very eyes.”

Before there is a shred of “I knew God was still pleased with us”, God cuts those thuoghts asunder. He tells us that we are to know that He is not doing this amazing thing, this awakening.... for our sake. He says we have been a disobedient people, stiff necked, content without godliness. He is doing this to restore honor to His holy name, the name we have blasphemed wherever we have gone.

Finally, He says this, to every hungry heart, to every broken heart, to everyone who longs for the FREE INDEED Jesus clearly promised us.

“I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel, TO DO IT FOR THEM.

Is this not what we need? Is this not what we long for? Do we think God is going to birth the church in power, filled with souls laden with fruits of the Spirit, only to let it degenerate into 90 minute Sunday services and children overtaken in one form or another by the God of this world,
Will the church that once walked in purity and oneness, end up 500+ denominations, each one convinced that they have the real truth?

Is this that we see on the earth what God considered being readied to meet the bridegroom? Is our own walk one that will bring a smile to the face of our dear Lord? We all know the answer, don’t we?

5) Ezekiel 37

Let us first remember that there are no chapter distinction in the Word. The amazing words of Ezekiel 36 flow into the valley of dry bones in Ezekiel 37. And what do the dry bones represent? They are us. They are the church. The early church is now dry bones, a shell of what it once was. An these bones live, God asks? “Thou knowest” replies Ezekiel.

But praise God, a miracle begins. The bones begin to move. The body begins to reform. This is exactly where we are right now. More and more will awaken and BE light. But God is not finished with us. Just as there was a one time explosion over the early church on the day of Pentecost, our day too is on the horizon.

There are more examples..... Gideon, Samson, but this is enough to get us started.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

gadar perets

Messianic Hebrew
May 11, 2016
NC
Visit site
✟130,996.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Then you will clearly show me in scripture that Peter said part of the prophesy is fulfilled.

QUOTE: But this is what was spoken by the prophet Joel:

Not this is part of what was spoken by the prophet Joel.

Our doctrine should line up with scripture,
Peter only quoted Joel 2:28-32a in Acts 2:17-21. That was the fulfillment that Peter was referring to. Yeshua quoted Isaiah 61:1-2a in Luke 4:18-19 and then in Luke 4:21 he said, This day is the Scripture fulfilled in your ears." That fulfillment did not include Isaiah 61:2b. Peter did not include Joel 2:23 which references the latter rain just as Yeshua did not quote Isaiah 61:2b which references the day of vengeance.

If you choose to believe Acts 2 is the fulfillment of the latter rain, then please show us the fulfillment of the former rain. As I understand it, Acts 2 fulfills the former rain at the beginning of the last days and a future outpouring of the Spirit will fulfill the latter rain at the end of the last days. The "last days" comprises roughly a 2,000 year period. The former rain assisted the wheat harvest to grow in apostolic times. The latter rain will assist the wheat harvest to reach final maturity before it is reaped.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I want to say one thing here in this request for scriptural proof that there will be a world wide awakening before the return of the Lord.

There will never be enough scrptures to convince some. I get that. But our God is so amazingly awesome that for some doubting Thomases, they too will be swept up in the revival of all revivals. For most, brokenness and hunger and shame will precede being able to light their lamps.

But there will be some, spoken of in Ezekiel 36, who will be awakened first, and then look at their actions, their words, their contentment without purity of heart, their shallow lives, and then be ashamed. But glory, even that shame will be washed away with our tears of joy and victory over the world, the flesh and the devil. What an amazing god we serve! We will finally understand what it is to be one with God, and the result? Oneness with one another!

I love everyone of you and pray these words begin to sprout faith in your heart.

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ok, a final word here is needed. Although these scriptures do indeed back up what I have shared here and nausem for many years, what I share is not my opinion.

I fully realize the weight of those words. But neither can I run from the natural consequences of what some will do with them. God has showed me what is to be the future of His church. He has made the scriptures click. But even when I knew none of these scriptures, when I was floundering in sin, anger, frustration, worldliness, and a heaping spoonful of guilt, inside I knew it had to be, because if it was not, I was doomed to a life of Roman 7, a life I hated.

God, our merciful God, had pity on me and awakened me eleven years ago. Once awake, you do not go back to sleep. And God has made sure I have not. He has caused me to be changed. The change is ongoing, as I hold up my shield of faith and believe it is now no more I that live, but Christ who lives in me. I have far, far. More to go, but if I did not give God glory for what He has accomplished in me, I would be robbing Him of glory he deserves.

I am nothing special. I am, in the flesh, a thoroughly miserable man, worse than all here. But nevertheless, what God shared with me so I can walk free, works! H has asked me to then share with any who has ears to hear, that it will work for them too!

Are you weak? No problem. Uneducated? A drug addict? A lukewarm pew sitter? It matters not? He simply wants hungry souls who know they need new natures. So that leaves me with one final question for all who read theses words.

Is that you? If so, buckle your spiritual seatbelts, things are about to get amazing.

Many blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Let us first remember that there are no chapter distinction in the Word. The amazing words of Ezekiel 36 flow into the valley of dry bones in Ezekiel 37. And what do the dry bones represent? They are us. They are the church. The early church is now dry bones, a shell of what it once was. An these bones live, God asks? “Thou knowest” replies Ezekiel.

How do dry bones bring millions upon millions the Gospel of Jesus Christ? How do dry bones see hundreds of thousands of healings each year? How do dry bones train, equip and send missionaries all over the face of the earth?

Are there issues in the church, surecthere are. Paul dealt with infanicide, homosexuality, incest and witchcraft in the first century churches. And yet they reached the known world didn’t they?

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit and my friend there is lots and lots of good fruit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If God causes us to never sin, as you suppose. Explain this:

6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Why the warning to those who are spiritual if God will not allow them to fall?

Then explain this also:

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
How do dry bones bring millions upon millions the Gospel of Jesus Christ? How do dry bones see hundreds of thousands of healings each year? How do dry bones train, equip and send missionaries all over the face of the earth?

Are there issues in the church, surecthere are. Paul dealt with infanicide, homosexuality, incest and witchcraft in the first century churches. And yet they reached the known world didn’t they?

A bad tree cannot bear good fruit and my friend there is lots and lots of good fruit.
I fully realize if one has spent their life, with good intentions as well, bringing the gospel to the lost, that a post such as mine can be exceptionally disconcerting. I get it.

However, what has been accepted as “good enough” will be surpassed in a blink of the eye as the final outpouring of God’s Spirit in the latter rain begins.

And those millions of new children of God that you mention, are they walking in Romans 7, with sin still an issue in their lives, or have they truly found the glorious liberty of the children of God, promised us in the Word?

There are many among us in the church whose hearts are in the right place, and are truly walking in all the light they have been given. Sadly, there are far more who are quite content to be simply forgiven, with no real hunger for pure hearts, which was the whole point of Christ dying. They have been assured by men in our pulpits that all is well, no matter where our heart intents now lie. The wolves are definitely among us, and sadly, right now, His people love it so, loving their ears scratched more than loving the truth.

Forgiveness was to be the beginning, not the end of our salvation, but we as the church have lost that vision long ago. So Sunday after Sunday, we hear another message about the cross, to the point we become hardened to it. We shed a few tears in a good worship service, listen to a nice 25 minute sermon on one specific scripture, and ignore totally the fact we are called to live holy lives as sojourners on the earth. As to running our race as if they’re is but one prize? Now we are content by and large with participation medals.

When was the last time we have heard a warning message from the pulpit? The New Testament is full of them, but we do not hear them for we want people to come back, to fill our offering plates, so we can “minister to more people in the same way”. And Jesus weeps.

Sadly, we have ended up with a nice form of godliness, but deny that Christ can actually make us holy and pure. All that is about to change. Not only will the latter rain equal the outpouring on the day of Pentecost, it will EXCEED IT! Glory to God!

Brother, the early church was an explosion. Men in the world would exclaim “Behold how they love one another!” When was the last time we heard an expression like that? Me personally? Like never.

The church was so pure, that in order to protect it, both Ananias and Saphira died for simply embellishing the truth to make themselves look better in the eyes of others. If that same standard was applied today, well, you get where I am going here. The early rain was glorious, and like wildfire, the early disciples turned the entire world upside down as multitudes were swept into the church.

You have now been asked several times to explain what the early rain was if Pentecost was the beginning of the latter rain. I am curious too.

It is one thing to not be content with the status quo, dear brother. We may want more, but do we crave it more than our next breath? Look, we are in no way ready for the darkness that is about to be unleashed on the world. Savorless salt will not cut it. We need the exact same power, the power over darkness, the ability to get freed from the old us, that drove the early saints to turn the entire world upside down. And the beginnig of that process is in our own hearts.

Yes, compared to the early church, indeed we are dry bones, with no real life, no joy, no victory over the world, the flesh or the devil. Lukewarm is very appropriate description. Oh, we are not cold, praise God! But neither are we hot, amen? And God tells us, I would rather you be even cold rather than lukewarm. How many there are who defined what we have, and in essence telling God “We have need of nothing!”

The sad fact is, we are taught “Real victory is simply a goal, impossible to hit, of course, but admirable to try for, as long as you do not get extreme about it. But praise God, it is all good. We are forgiven of even the sins we have not yet committed and our names are etched on our mansion doors awaiting us in Heaven, no matter where our heart”s desires are”

If that is not dry bones, needing life, I do not know what is. Without being aware, we have seen the exact same situation duplicate itself today that existed when Jesus walked the earth. If He returned unannounced to us today, where do you think He would be found this coming Sunday morning? Sitting as a honored guest on stage, dressed in a suit, at the local mega-church, or ministering to the poor under the bridge?

We need our hearts examined. No, let me re-phrase. We need to examine ourselves whether we really are in the faith. Judgment is coming, and it will begin with those who say proudly that they have done this or that in Jesus’ name.

Praise God, we all will be awakened before that, and those who truly love the light will run to it.... and glory to God, become it! Those who hate the sin that so easily beset them will find to their delight that God offers us a walk with our feet planted on the highway of holiness. Those who have been too weak to walk in victory will discover that it is their weakness that has pushed them to find Christ’s strength in them.

But a word of arming to all. Those content with forgiveness, with no guilt for their continued willful sins, with no real heart longing for freedom from defeat, will awake but find when they finally get to Heaven’s door, saying “Lord, have we not....”, all their desperate banging will be for naught, and weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeeth will commence.

I pray that not one soul here fits that situation.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at Peters writings:

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience

He is speaking to the elect, sanctified

Now look what the Holy Spirit is saying through him:

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you isholy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

That is in direct conflict with God causing them not to sin.

More later.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

6 Brethren, if a man is overtaken in any trespass, you who are spiritual restore such a one in a spirit of gentleness, considering yourself lest you also be tempted. 2 Bear one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. 3 For if anyone thinks himself to be something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself.

Then explain this also:

But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.

8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make Him a liar, and His word is not in us.
I will be more than happy to explain. When a man finally believes he truly died when Christ died, and also believes that when Jesus rose from the dead, that He made us new natured people as well, he is asked to do one thing. He is asked to apply those truths to himself by faith. This, our good fight of faith begins.

Can a man sin as he begins to become established in the faith? You bet! Can I? Absolutely! Why, if I am truly dead? Because of unbelief! Our faith must grow!

So, let’s say I slip back into a sin. My eyes got off the Lord’s finished work and I fall. Ok, what do I do? Do I throw up my hands and say “Well, I guess that is not true!” Do I fall back into “I need to try harder! Next time God, I promise I will not slip!” Yes I will, and 38 years of living that life is proof.

So what do we do here? We confess our sin, we then get to the real issue, our wavering faith, and immediately, we confess again who we are in Him.

Satan will come like he always does and accuse us. But can you I,shine his frustration when he sees us back in the very same armor, the very same shield of God up and wielded, and finds that his arrows of accusations cannot get though? It is marvelous.

This is not sinless perfectionism I preach. It is being kept by the power of God through faith. It is not an “attainment” but an abiding, a loving breathing relationship with the God who will keep us from falling.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look at Peters writings:

To the pilgrims of the Dispersion in Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia, 2 elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, in sanctification of the Spirit, for obedience

He is speaking to the elect, sanctified

Now look what the Holy Spirit is saying through him:

Therefore gird up the loins of your mind, be sober, and rest your hope fully upon the grace that is to be brought to you at the revelation of Jesus Christ; 14 as obedient children, not conforming yourselves to the former lusts, as in your ignorance; 15 but as He who called you isholy, you also be holy in all your conduct, 16 because it is written, “Be holy, for I am holy.”

That is in direct conflict with God causing them not to sin.

More later.
Can you explain to me how the following can then be true, based upon what we teach at present?

1) God promised that our shields of faith would quench every arrow Satan hurls at us

2) He promises is that He will never t allow us to be tempted more than that which we are able to bear, but will make a way of escape every time for us, so we do not fall.

3) He has not only forgiven is, but delivered is from the POWER of darkness.

4) He causes us both to will AND to do of His good pleasure.

5) In Ezekiel 36, He just flat out says it. I will cause you to obey me. I think it is verse 23. You can read it if you like. I so love how God finishes this amazing promise:

“I shall yet be inquired of by the house of Israel, TO DO IT FOR THEM.”
Praise God forevermore!

Here is what bothers me. When we read these incredible promises, why are our hearts not breaking, saying:

“Dear Lord, I am a wretch, imprisomed in Romans 7. I hate my disobedience and long to be freed from my fleshly nature but do not know how. Show me Lord, no matter the cost!”

Why do we somehow try to justify ourselves when we have no ground to stand on? We neither love the Lord with ALL of our hearts, nor do we love our neighbor as ourselves. Nor do we really want to, if the truth be told. We are quite content with forgiveness with little if any desire for Jesus to literally live our life for us as new creatures.

Listen, God wants to do just that. As Paul said

“It is no more I that live, but Christ who now lives in me, and the life I now live, I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.”

We are to yield ourselves to God, but unless we yield ourselves to Him as those who are alive from the dead, it will profit us little if anything. God wants us to believe His work was enough for us, start to finish, and that we ARE new, based not on what we see in us, or how we feel, but simply based upon what God has told us He accomplished. He did not die for us, only to lay a heavy responsibility on our shoulders as He then says “Now go be good Christians!”

Glory to God, He has made us new people, pure in our core. Faith allows that purity and newness of life to come to the surface more and more and as our faith grows, as we become established in the faith, to our amazement, we see God growing the fruits of the Spirit in us. That, brothers and sisters is true grace!

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Then explain this also:

The word you quoted in John is easily understood. We have just been told that if we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us of all unrighteousness. (Salvation)

Then He follows with this. If, when presented with this, he counters with “I have no sin that needs to be forgiven”, well that man is either deceived or a liar. Amen?

How do we know this to be true? Continie reading 1st John. It is an almost impossible book to get through unscathed, unless one is walking in their new nature.

John says then “ IF we sin” (Note: Notwhen, but if!).

When was the last time any of us heard a message in church that we we need to be holy, to run our race as if there is but one prize, or to walk as strangers and pilgrims? When have we been exhorted to know how to possess our vessels in sanctification and honor? Why don’t we ever hear words like this that were so common Thor the early church? Because we do not know how, and our ministers for the most part have no clue either.

All that is about to change, and it will be glorious.

Blessings,

Gideon

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
5) In Ezekiel 36, He just flat out says it. I will cause you to obey me. I think it is verse 23. You can read it if you like. I so love how God finishes this amazing promise:

As shown a number of times. Ezekiel 36 was NOT written to the church.

You can read it if you like in context and with a little proper exegesis you will see it was to Israel.

Upvote 0

1stcenturylady

Spirit-filled follower of Christ
Site Supporter
Feb 13, 2017
Tennessee
✟431,122.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican

You can read it if you like in context and with a little proper exegesis you will see it was to Israel.

Ezekiel 36 is about the falling of the Holy Spirit on Israel after Jesus died. The Holy Spirit is the only One who can make man no longer walk in the flesh, but in the Spirit, and make them dead to sin. The first Christians of the Church were Jews. But not all Jews accepted Jesus, so their branches were broken off, and thus Gentiles were grafted in.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟701,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ezekiel 36 is about the falling of the Holy Spirit on Israel after Jesus died. The Holy Spirit is the only One who can make man no longer walk in the flesh, but in the Spirit, and make them dead to sin. The first Christians of the Church were Jews. But not all Jews accepted Jesus, so their branches were broken off, and thus Gentiles were grafted in.

No, it is not

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Gideons300

Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Brother, I should not have to tell you that the promise of the new covenant was written first to the Jews, but after they rejected Christ as the messiah, the blessing of the new covenant went out to any and all who call upon the name of the Lord. Today, we are now one, Jews and Gentiles. Correct? Does the new covenant not work for us?

If what you said were true, and it is not, then we as gentiles have no right to the new covenant. God has spoken, and just because some do not see a need for God causing us to walk in true obedience, does not stop God from doing so for all them who long to climb out of the boat of self-effort, and walk on the water to our master.

I love the example of the Samaritan woman who needed a miracle. Jesus answered her by saying it is not right to take the food reserved for the children and to give it to dogs. Most would wilt at that. Not this bold and desperate woman. She answered, “Yes Lord, but even the dogs get to eat the crumbs that fall from the table.”

Do we want to please our God? Do we find that in our own effort we cannot obey Him as we desire, no matter how hard we try. Then let us do what the Samaritan woman did, and honor God with our faith in His goodness.

On a side note, brother, do you believe that the Jews who are saved actually do get to be caused to obey? Just curious.

Truthfully, I am a bit confused as to why some would spend so much effort trying to prove that what God has clearly spoken is somehow NOT true.

I can tell you this. It has been eleven years since God miraculously and mercifully appeared to me and opened my eyes to these scriptural truths that I had been blinded to. As a inappropriate content addict who had tried everything I knew to be truly free indeed as God clearly promised, my only hope WAS that God would make me a new creature and cause me to walk obediently. He has not disappointed as I have trusted Him to do what He said He would do.

Brother, what I share works. And if it works for a failure of a Christian like I was, then it will for anyone who hungers for victory. Anyone. Listen, God does not make us “robots”. He gives us new natures whose natural inclination is NOT to want to disobey, just as our old natures naturally gravitated to disobedience.

We put these on by faith, and as we fight that good fight of faith in the armor God provides, we find that the sins that once seemed to rule us rule no more. Self that once ruled the roost, self that could never love others as it loves itself, is dethroned with God now ruling and reigning inside us. Sound too good to be true? Praise God, what He has for us, what He is awakening us to, makes ‘too good to be true’ an impossibility.

I love you brother, and do not want to get into arguments in every post. If you believe me in error, then pray for me. God has called us to walk in peace. If you have genuine questions that seem to cause you not to accept what is being shared, I promise to do my best to answer them. But if you simply are determined to try to poke holes in what is being shared, you need to take that up with God Himself.

Blessings,

Gids

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0