Is The Internet The 666 Beast?

Nurbz

Apr 6, 2007
✟8,607.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I've been getting really strong feelings that I need to get off the internet and I found it is really an addiciton. I walked away from facebook just before I came here, so I guess CF is sort of weaning me from Facebook. I killed my twitter acct and set up another just to get some news and weather stuff (OK, a little politics too). But my banking is still about 99% internet, I write a check for Tithe and another to my Samaritan Ministies share but that's about it.

I write a lot of stuff and it's submitted and paid for over the internet exclusively these days. So all of my income since I retired is controlled by the web.

When the tribulation comes and if we're not whisk away before the pain like the Pretrib people hope we're going to be faced with terrible choices of taking the mark (whatever it is) and starving or being martyred. Being killed seems easy and starving hard, watching those I love starving even harder.

Like I said, I've been feeling the evil fo the internet a lot lately too.
It's not evil, it's a tool like anything else and depends on how it's used and by who. It's been a great thing for spreading knowledge and allowed oppressed people to show the world the conditions they're suffering in.

It doesn't form a chemical addiction, but like many things, you can form an emotional dependancy on it, like TV, snack food or gambling which sounds like what happened with you. At least it's good to hear you managed to get over it.

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Never coming back to this mad house
Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A misprint in the oldest surviving new testement? It couldn't possibly be a mistranslation by early scribes that kept being used in following copies? The anti-homosexuality verses were translated as being against masturbation during the mediveal catholicism period, but someone realised the mistake eventually.
Maybe the scribe who wrote 616 instead of 666 was drunk that day and wasn't open to the guiding of the Holy Spirit? Then why did all the other scribes write 666 if it was 616?

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
The internet is NOT the antichrist (666 Beast). How do I know that? - Because Revelations states that 666 is the number of a MAN and NOT a machine.

“If anyone worships the beast and his image and receives his mark on the forehead or on the hand, he, too, will drink of the wine of God's fury, which has been poured full strength into the cup of his wrath.” Revelation 14:9,10

It is the Mark of the Beast.

Reactions: ryansymons86
Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I see that some of us imagine that the internet could be or become the tool for the mark of the beast, and others here think that it's just not so. I am still personally asking the question and not 100% sure yet myself. But there seems to be some evidence for it and that's all I have to go on for now. I am not one of those crazy conspiracy theorists and just brought up the question to see what others think. :)

Upvote 0

Mich7

Jun 22, 2010
✟15,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think the internet is "The Beast" but I do think it will be one of his tools and probably one of the things we will have to take "the mark" to operate once everything is on the web.

You already have to be on the web to apply for a job...even your resumes are submitted through the internet. Seems as if the world is becoming more and more dependent on it everyday.

• Useful
Upvote 0

CMDRExorcist

Theology Explorer
Site Supporter
Apr 13, 2011
Texas
Visit site
✟152,739.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
No that's just crazy are you gonna never use the internet again? I highly doubt it.... why do we feel the need to try and figure all this end times stuff out. When the truth is we will never know when it happens it happens so stop trying.

:thumbsup:

God Bless,
Wesley

:liturgy:

Upvote 0

Biker Angel

Sep 12, 2009
California
✟10,001.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
:thumbsup:

God Bless,
Wesley

:liturgy:
I guess some people just don't want to learn anymore about anything to do with 666 and the mark of the beast. And that's their choice.

Originally Posted by Bella Vita
"No that's just crazy are you gonna never use the internet again? I highly doubt it.... why do we feel the need to try and figure all this end times stuff out. When the truth is we will never know when it happens it happens so stop trying."

I am not talking about the rapture but rather or not the internet is the 666 beast. There is a difference you know.

Upvote 0

mikeangel

Mar 7, 2017
usa
✟19,868.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, the Internet could be the beast. W is the Hebrew number for 6. You do have to use the internet for most transactions now. Since the posting of this, Amazon has become huge. Stores are feeling the pressure, that online sales are taking them over.
Someone posted, that the internet cannot be the beast, because it is not a man. Look, everything from a computer, came from a man. Men control every byte. And in some translations, it renders as "for it is mans number, and his number is 666". The internet is a collection of humanity, and his sin nature.
Another thing to think about that most folks do not consider. The symbol for Apple, the first PC. It is a bitten Apple. Where did the first symbolic bitten Apple come from?????? Hmmmmmm.
One more thing. I have mentioned the CERN complex before. Its the modern day Tower of Babel, of the world trying to define God. Look it up. Well, THE WORLD WIDE WEB WAS INVENTED THERE!!!!! Dont be blind. Hope you have Jesus. Peace

• Winner
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ryansymons86

Oct 7, 2019
Sydney
✟8,272.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
I'm surprised this is not spoken about more...

We have 666 in the palm of our hands every single day

The increase in knowledge

Smart phones are dopamine machines which cause us to sin

Bill gates even references how binary code is much like the dna code... only the dna code is millions upon millions x more advanced

look how all tech branding can be linked to Bible and occult symbology... I mean I am staring at the forbidden fruit as I type

every day the is are reporting on biometrics... bitcoin.. block chain... nobody will be trading without the mark

I believe we are seeing an overwhelming amount of parallels in our time to verses in scripture..

And this is pretty much a summary of what our civilisation has become since the rise of smart tech

1But understand this: In the last days terrible times will come. 2For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, abusive, disobedient to their parents, ungrateful, unholy, 3unloving, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, without love of good, 4traitorous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, 5having a form of godliness but denying its power. Turn away from such as these!

Upvote 0

ryansymons86

Oct 7, 2019
Sydney
✟8,272.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, the Internet could be the beast. W is the Hebrew number for 6. You do have to use the internet for most transactions now. Since the posting of this, Amazon has become huge. Stores are feeling the pressure, that online sales are taking them over.
Someone posted, that the internet cannot be the beast, because it is not a man. Look, everything from a computer, came from a man. Men control every byte. And in some translations, it renders as "for it is mans number, and his number is 666". The internet is a collection of humanity, and his sin nature.
Another thing to think about that most folks do not consider. The symbol for Apple, the first PC. It is a bitten Apple. Where did the first symbolic bitten Apple come from?????? Hmmmmmm.
One more thing. I have mentioned the CERN complex before. Its the modern day Tower of Babel, of the world trying to define God. Look it up. Well, THE WORLD WIDE WEB WAS INVENTED THERE!!!!! Dont be blind. Hope you have Jesus. Peace

I hope more people read your comment, very insightful!

Upvote 0

iamchance

Oct 22, 2019
Dallas
✟8,371.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Could be, who knows. God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge because it would lead to death. The internet is apart of the information era. The DIKW pyramid model states data leads to information, information to knowledge, knowledge to wisdom. Ecclesiastes 1:18

Then again, my post is all logic which is a problem in itself. I personally do not know if the internet is the mark of the beast. The internet is certainly troublesome.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ryansymons86

Oct 7, 2019
Sydney
✟8,272.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Could be, who knows. God told Adam and Eve not to eat from the tree of knowledge because it would lead to death. The internet is apart of the information era. The DIKW pyramid model states data leads to information, information to knowledge, knowledge to wisdom. Ecclesiastes 1:18

Then again, my post is all logic which is a problem in itself. I personally do not know if the internet is the mark of the beast. The internet is certainly troublesome.

Yeah it is, even the top developers can't keep up with the internet...

I think the very fact that even some come Christians would hate to give up their beloved pleasure devices (smart phones) seals it for me...

I'm not out to tell anybody what to do, or how to live, but I strongly feel that we will be facing a choice soon in regards to whether we want to live a real life as it was intended, or be slaves to the artificial world that is being set up around us

Upvote 0

ryansymons86

Oct 7, 2019
Sydney
✟8,272.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Almost five years after it was first proposed by the state government, NSW citizens are now finally able to display their driver's licence on their phones and use it as a form of ID
October 29, 2019
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...L4B7H3y_z2aBJD8oSkHb-5nNKs#Echobox=1572289483

Elon Musk unveils Neuralink’s plans for brain-reading ‘threads’ and a robot to insert them
Jul 16, 2019, 11:24pm EDT
https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/16/20697123/elon-musk-neuralink-brain-reading-thread-robot

China’s shoppers are increasingly purchasing goods with just a turn of their heads as the country embraces facial payment technology.
Wed 4 Sep 2019
Smile-to-pay: Chinese shoppers turn to facial payment technology

Upvote 0

ryansymons86

Oct 7, 2019
Sydney
✟8,272.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Why not run for the hills , live in a cave never touch anything electric and everyone will be better off. Normal people do not have to hear these lamentations and you will feel safe from the beast.

Better safe than sorry yea?

Upvote 0