Is the Great Flood of the Bible literal or symbolic.

Do you think the Fllod of the Bible is literal or symbolic?

• Literal worldwide flood

• Literal local flood

• Symbolic

• Don't believe in the Bible

• Tired of my silly polls

Results are only viewable after voting.

zyzychyn

LotR ROCKS!
Sep 2, 2002
Boston, MA
✟15,506.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Well, there IS geological evidence for a worldwide flood. Plus, almost all cultures have a story of a flood, even ones from completely different places.

"They [the flood waters] rose greatly on the earth, and all the high mountains under the entire heavens were covered." - Genesis 7:19
Sounds like a worldwide flood to me.

Upvote 0

Duane Morse

Aug 14, 2002
Aurora, CO
Visit site
✟2,429.00
Genesis 7:19 And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered. 20 Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.

Looks like the Bible does say it was worldwide, in that ALL the high hills under the WHOLE heaven were covered to the extant of 15 cubits.

And any geological evidence is all mixed up and jumbled around from God turning the earth upside down at the time of Babel some 150 years later.

Stirred AND shaken. Flood and pole shift.

Upvote 0

Duane Morse

Aug 14, 2002
Aurora, CO
Visit site
✟2,429.00
A pole shift can be either magnetic or physical.
The one at the time of Babel was physical.

Isaiah 24:1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

Turneth it upside down is a physical term, not a magnetic one. It was the force from the pole shift that broke up the single continent into many, and gave them their speed and direction. It is these land masses that formed all of the highest mountain ranges when they collided with each other.

And it is that jumbling up that causes much confusion today.

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
Like Sky said, floods are hardly a rare Earth event. To a primitive culture, a very large, vast flood would be a very scary event (given that humans tend to die when submerged in water for too long). So, it's not surprising that there are so many flood legends among different cultures.

However, primitive cultures had no concept of the world as we know it today. What might seem like a "worldwide" flood to an ancient culture, could in fact just be large, but localized flooding.

There is no geological evidence for a worldwide flood. Floods, yes. Worldwide, no.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
It did happen, and the earth did not crumble to dust.
You have absolutely no idea of what you are talking about. You are just mouthing your opinions that are not based on anything.
The Bible never said it was worldwide??
What Bible do you read? Any? The Bible says that the earth was turned UPSIDE DOWN! That is a physical pole shift, of which I have evidence for in an ice core from Greenland. That is hard physical evidence. And the earth is still here today, so the force of at least THAT pole shift was not enough to destroy the planet, just move things around a bit.

There is another scheduled for sometime in the future, so you may see it yourself pretty soon.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Duane Morse
The physical pole shift happened at the time of Babel, about 150 years after the flood. Around 1953 B.C., the same time that the Chinese calander began.

There is another due shortly, and I truly hope you are still around to experience it.

The Flood probably took place around 4000 B.C.

I don't know if I want to see a pole shift, it would be the end of life as we know it.

Upvote 0
The flood happened in the Hebrew year 1656 when Noah was 600 years old. That is 2104 B.C..
The incident at Babel took place when Peleg was around 50 years old around the year 1807 Hebrew, or 1953 B.C., and at the same time as the Chinese calander began and about 150 years after the flood.

Yes, life will end as we know it, but life will not end. It will just be different, again.
Personally, I am looking forward to it.

Upvote 0