Is the Book of Revelation, written to and for angels...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

In the book, in the first opening three opening chapters, it says to "this angel" of "this church" ect, and calls "those angels" to all "repent" and says this is the (Holy) Spirit of God saying this to them... Calling them to both "hear" and "heed" the Spirit of God saying this to them...

It does not seem to be addressed to men, and our difficulty in understanding it, and/or comprehending it, and in knowing specifically what all the things in "likenesses" that are in it are supposed to be, and/or "mean", might be very, very, and maybe "very much all too clearly" understood by "angels" that would clearly understand it, and maybe "all too well" as I said...

I don't think any of the angels, fallen or otherwise, have any problem understanding it, and/or knowing what it says and is saying or comprehending it "at all" whatsoever... Cause it is basically "written in their language" so to speak...

Is it a "warning" to them by God...?

He calls the "angels" not men, to "repent" and change their ways... and I would add, maybe with an "or else" added to it also...

What do you think...?

"We" have such a very difficult time understanding it, that I wonder if it is not really, "for us" very much at all...

What do you think...?

God Bless!

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

We are His servants--the holy angels are His messengers. Angels don't need to read anything, God tells them.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

HTacianas

Jul 9, 2018
Florida
✟325,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single

In the book, in the first opening three opening chapters, it says to "this angel" of "this church" ect, and calls "those angels" to all "repent" and says this is the (Holy) Spirit of God saying this to them... Calling them to both "hear" and "heed" the Spirit of God saying this to them...

It does not seem to be addressed to men, and our difficulty in understanding it, and/or comprehending it, and in knowing specifically what all the things in "likenesses" that are in it are supposed to be, and/or "mean", might be very, very, and maybe "very much all too clearly" understood by "angels" that would clearly understand it, and maybe "all too well" as I said...

I don't think any of the angels, fallen or otherwise, have any problem understanding it, and/or knowing what it says and is saying or comprehending it "at all" whatsoever... Cause it is basically "written in their language" so to speak...

He calls the "angels" not men, to "repent" and change their ways... and I would add, maybe with an "or else" added to it also...

What do you think...?

"We" have such a very difficult time understanding it, that I wonder if it is not really, "for us" very much at all...

What do you think...?

God Bless!

The word "angel" means literally "messenger". So an angel (a messenger of God) told John to write to the angels (bishops, also messengers of God) in each of the cities.

The confusion is caused by the popular usage of "angel", usually meaning a winged creature of sorts from heaven. The angel who told John to write may also have been a man. Someone who visited him on Patmos and brought him news from the "outside" world.

Reactions: Neogaia777
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The word "angel" means literally "messenger". So an angel (a messenger of God) told John to write to the angels (bishops, also messengers of God) in each of the cities.

The confusion is caused by the popular usage of "angel", usually meaning a winged creature of sorts from heaven. The angel who told John to write may also have been a man. Someone who visited him on Patmos and brought him news from the "outside" world.
So, some angels can be (in) men and some men can be angels...?

If so, do they "have to be" in just only men or man, or can they inhabit other creatures and/or places, and/or possibly "things" or locations/regions, ect...

Also, if so, why does, or why would he call the leaders of the churches to repent...?

They kind of just got started didn't they...?

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Rev 1:1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John:
Rev 1:2 Who bare record of the word of God, and of the testimony of Jesus Christ, and of all things that he saw.
Rev 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

We are His servants--the holy angels are His messengers. Angels don't need to read anything, God tells them.
What about fallen angels...?

It does something when God writes something down, or has anything written down to be preserved and kept, (forever) even to, or for angels... It is kind of a way of "sealing" (their fate maybe, or showing them their fate maybe) (forever) Anyway, writing it down, and God writing it down, is a way of "sealing" what is said or spoken... Like stamping and official seal on a document, for example, vs., not...

To shew unto his servants could be the human leaders of the churches with maybe and angelic spirit in and with them maybe...? But is it written for the man, or the spirit within him (or her)...?

And how can "we keep" what we don't understand...? I don't think any human being yet has come even close to fully knowing and/or completely understanding the whole book of Revelation, especially as a whole...

And things (in this world) are only "like" and/or likened to other things in it, and this is like "angels language" or is based on the nature of their reality and/or dimension and how it is and/or operates, or is expressed, and/or is speaking "their language" so to speak...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
"Angels"

Were they the spirits in men, or do they have to be just in man or men or only men or man alone, or could they inhabit other people, animals/creatures and/or places/regions and/or things...?

Angels are "spirits" or "ministering spirits", or "speaking spirits" that speak to, and sometimes "for men" or man, even if it is or has to be from "within" them, right...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
What about fallen angels...?

It does something when God writes something down, or has anything written down to be preserved and kept, (forever) even to, or for angels... It is kind of a way of "sealing" (their fate maybe, or showing them their fate maybe) (forever) Anyway, writing it down, and God writing it down, is a way of "sealing" what is said or spoken... Like stamping and official seal on a document, for example, vs., not...

To shew unto his servants could be the human leaders of the churches with maybe and angelic spirit in and with them maybe...? But is it written for the man, or the spirit within him (or her)...?

And how can "we keep" what we don't understand...? I don't think any human being yet has come even close to fully knowing and/or completely understanding the whole book of Revelation, especially as a whole...

And things (in this world) are only "like" and/or likened to other things in it, and this is like "angels language" or is based on the nature of their reality and/or dimension and how it is and/or operates, or is expressed, and/or is speaking "their language" so to speak...

God Bless!

Fallen angels don't need to be told anything. They already know what their end will be and. It says blessed are those who read and hear---you really think God wants to bless the fallen angels??

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Fallen angels don't need to be told anything. They already know what their end will be and. It says blessed are those who read and hear---you really think God wants to bless the fallen angels??
I think he would want them to repent...

If that's possible, and, if not, he knows, or would already know, but no one else would, or does, or might not... But/and/because I would think he would at least have to make a "possible way" for them (to) in the sight and company of all the other angels... To show his Love, Mercy, Judgement, Justice, kindness, compassion, ect, and basically, his "ways"... To, or for them all, so that they are clearly defined and made entirely known, to or for them all... Perhaps to be able to tell and show us, when we finally do get there with them (all)...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

mmksparbud

Dec 3, 2011
Las Vegas
✟255,978.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
I think he would want them to repent...

If that's possible, and, if not, he knows, or would already know, but no one else would, or does, or might not... But/and/because I would think he would at least have to make a "possible way" for them (to) in the sight and company of all the other angels... To show his Love, Mercy, Judgement, Justice, kindness, compassion, ect, and basically, his "ways"... To, or for them all, so that they are clearly defined and made entirely known, to or for them all... Perhaps to be able to tell and show us, when we finally do get there with them (all)...

God Bless!

Their place has already been reserved!
Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Their place has already been reserved!
Jud_1:6 And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.
2Pe_2:4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
It probably is, even though God did make a way for them, I don't don't know, or don't think any of the fallen ones will, or are meant to take it, but might just be being made and example of by God, for the rest of them/us...

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 28, 2018
Greenville
✟15,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

What do you think...?

What do you think...?

God Bless!
In a very real sense it does have to be interpreted by Angel's. Just as Paul called himself an angel so are God called ministers.

Upvote 0