Futurist Only Is the Antichrist anointed?

nonaeroterraqueous

Nonexistent Member
Aug 16, 2014
✟188,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Six positive results. But to get there...
It doesn't matter what it takes to get there. The topic of the thread is whether the anointed one is the Antichrist. The anointed is mentioned as a positive in a list of positive events. The answer is still no, the Antichrist is not the anointed one, no matter what it takes to get to that point.

Upvote 0

Douggg

anytime rapture, non-dispensationalist, futurist
May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
It doesn't matter what it takes to get there. The topic of the thread is whether the anointed one is the Antichrist. The anointed is mentioned as a positive in a list of positive events. The answer is still no, the Antichrist is not the anointed one, no matter what it takes to get to that point.
What particular verse are you referring to ?

The thread topic is the Antichrist anointed? No, not that he is chosen by God to be the King of Israel to lead the Jews and the world into the messianic age of peace and safety.

But yes, he will be anointed by the false prophet, to be the King of Israel, as the Jews will believe (for awhile) the prince who shall come is their long awaited (the) messiah.

Upvote 0

Broken Fence

God with us!
Site Supporter
May 1, 2020
TX to New Heaven, New Earth, New Jerusalem
✟142,605.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Is the 'antichrist' or 'false prophet' anointed the messiah? Just wondering.

Could Daniel 9's anointed one be referring to the antichrist?

Is there an anointed person who builds the next temple?
Jesus Christ is the anointed one. Lucifer was the anointed cherub that covered the throne of God. So there you go.

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Did Jesus come at the end of 7 weeks? Do normal people talk like this: I will give you 7 and 62 dollars for that used bike? I will be gone for 15 and 6 minutes? No, of course not. So why would anyone understand '7 and 62' weeks as one lump sum of '69 weeks'. Clearly, there are 2 different events going on here.

If Daniel 9:27 is about the antichrist, then the 'prince' is the same person of Daniel 9:25 who is anointed. Just no getting around that.

The 70 weeks prophecy is not that difficult. Men's doctrines try to confuse it.

1st Period: the 'seven sevens' = 49 years. Starts with the command to restore and build Jerusalem, which the 1st month Nisan, 454 B.C., issued by Astyages (i.e., Artaxerxes which means 'the Great King').

2nd Period: the sixty two sevens = 434 years. Follows the previous seven sevens and ends with Messiah being cut off, 405 B.C. to 29 A.D. The total with the previous period is 483 years. Daniel 9:26 tells us "after" the three score and two weeks Messiah would be 'cut off'. That means the 69th week ended with Christ's crucifixion.

3rd Period: the 'one seven" = 7 years. This period was never fulfilled. It will be fulfilled by the final Antichrist at the end of this world. In the Dan.9:27 verse, grammar requires that we go back to determine the "he" of verse 27. It is about the prince that would come to destroy the city and sanctuary, which was the Roman general Titus and his army in 70 A.D., REPRESENTING AN ANTITYPE OF THE ANTICHRIST. His role idea as a 'type' for the Antichrist continues into the Dan.9:27 verse about the final Antichrist to come at the very end just prior to Christ's future 2nd coming.

So really the Daniel 70 weeks prophecy is not that difficult. Satan's host try to confuse it and don't want God's people to understand it, but tough, it's not that difficult to understand.

Upvote 0

Cordell

Jun 1, 2020
Ontario
✟15,784.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
Is the 'antichrist' or 'false prophet' anointed the messiah? Just wondering.

Could Daniel 9's anointed one be referring to the antichrist?

Is there an anointed person who builds the next temple?

The Anointed One is referring to the Lamb of GOD, the antichrist is a kingdom Daniel 2 feet of iron and miry clay, little horn power Daniel 7, Woman that rides the Beast Revelation.

Upvote 0

Cordell

Jun 1, 2020
Ontario
✟15,784.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
The 70 weeks prophecy is not that difficult. Men's doctrines try to confuse it.

1st Period: the 'seven sevens' = 49 years. Starts with the command to restore and build Jerusalem, which the 1st month Nisan, 454 B.C., issued by Astyages (i.e., Artaxerxes which means 'the Great King').

2nd Period: the sixty two sevens = 434 years. Follows the previous seven sevens and ends with Messiah being cut off, 405 B.C. to 29 A.D. The total with the previous period is 483 years. Daniel 9:26 tells us "after" the three score and two weeks Messiah would be 'cut off'. That means the 69th week ended with Christ's crucifixion.

3rd Period: the 'one seven" = 7 years. This period was never fulfilled. It will be fulfilled by the final Antichrist at the end of this world. In the Dan.9:27 verse, grammar requires that we go back to determine the "he" of verse 27. It is about the prince that would come to destroy the city and sanctuary, which was the Roman general Titus and his army in 70 A.D., REPRESENTING AN ANTITYPE OF THE ANTICHRIST. His role idea as a 'type' for the Antichrist continues into the Dan.9:27 verse about the final Antichrist to come at the very end just prior to Christ's future 2nd coming.

So really the Daniel 70 weeks prophecy is not that difficult. Satan's host try to confuse it and don't want God's people to understand it, but tough, it's not that difficult to understand.

3rd Period: the 'one seven" = 7 years. I believe the week was fulfilled, the 1st 3 and half years (the midst of the week), refers to the Saviours ministry and the second 3 and half weeks was fufilled in the person of the apostles and disciples. At the end Israel as a nation was rejected ACTS 13:46 KJV "word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.”

Upvote 0

Davy

Site Supporter
Nov 25, 2017
USA
✟267,597.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
3rd Period: the 'one seven" = 7 years. I believe the week was fulfilled, the 1st 3 and half years (the midst of the week), refers to the Saviours ministry and the second 3 and half weeks was fufilled in the person of the apostles and disciples. At the end Israel as a nation was rejected ACTS 13:46 KJV "word of God should first have been spoken to you: but seeing ye put it from you, and judge yourselves unworthy of everlasting life, lo, we turn to the Gentiles.”

That's a false doctrine, because it would make Lord Jesus the Antichrist. No true Christian should ever have that doctrine. Jesus did not make any 'covenant' for 7 years and then break it in the middle. Nor did Jesus place an idol abomination, which is also what the Dan.9:27 verse is about concerning the final 'seven'.

Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
The end of 62 weeks (+ the seven weeks) was when Jesus was cut-off, put to death on the cross. That was when Israel rejected Jesus, not three and a half years later.

John 1:11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

Jesus rode into Jerusalem riding a donkey, fulfilling Zechariah 9:9, hailed as the messiah by his followers in John 12:12-15. Four days later he was put to death.

7 weeks and 62 weeks unto messiah (riding a donkey). 4 days later (technically after 62 weeks, but only by a small fraction), Jesus was cutoff. His own received him not.

The 70th week is still left.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Cordell

Jun 1, 2020
Ontario
✟15,784.00
Country
Canada
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
That's a false doctrine, because it would make Lord Jesus the Antichrist. No true Christian should ever have that doctrine. Jesus did not make any 'covenant' for 7 years and then break it in the middle. Nor did Jesus place an idol abomination, which is also what the Dan.9:27 verse is about concerning the final 'seven'.
Hello Davy, I am referring to the 70 weeks prophecy which started at the rebuilding of Israel, starting when king of media persia made a decree that the jewish people can return to their homeland. You would have to believe a lie about me to think that I would say that about the Lamb of GOD. I know the anti-christ of prophecy (the little horn power) is the Roman Catholic Church.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Douggg

May 28, 2009
Non-dispensationalist
✟359,569.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hello Davy, I am referring to the 70 weeks prophecy which started at the rebuilding of Israel, starting when king of media persia made a decree that the jewish people can return to their homeland. You would have to believe a lie about me to think that I would say that about the Lamb of GOD. I know the anti-christ of prophecy (the little horn power) is the Roman Catholic Church.
Cordell, I forgot my manners - welcome to the forum.

Do you believe the concept of "Christ", the messiah, is to be the King of Israel ? If so, how is the pope papacy qualified to be the King of Israel, instead of and against Jesus the rightful King of Israel ?

Mark 15:2 Let Christ the King of Israel descend now from the cross, that we may see and believe. And they that were crucified with him reviled him.

John 12:13 Took branches of palm trees, and went forth to meet him, and cried, Hosanna: Blessed is the King of Israel that cometh in the name of the Lord.

John 5:43 I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 111 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.

To be the Antichrist the person must be a Jew, and be anointed the King of Israel for a short while. The Pope is not qualified.

It should be noted that the little horn, tied to the Roman Empire, is not the Antichrist (albeit the same person)when he is the little horn. The little horn will be the 7th Julio-Claudian king (in that bloodline) of the Roman Empire in the end times, leader of the EU.

After coming into the middle east post Gog/Magog, followed up by his stint as the Antichrist, and after being killed and brought back to life - he becomes the beast (no longer the Antichrist, perceived King of Israel by the Jews, but....) 8th Julio-Claudian king of the Roman Empire of the end times, dictator of the EU.

That's how the verses are reconciled. Number one thing to understanding end times bible prophecy..... Know the difference between being the Antichrist, King of Israel (coming in his own name), and being the little horn, then beast, the 7th and 8th King of the Roman Empire.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums