Is Sunday worship the mark of the beast?

Status
Not open for further replies.

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
'get it right's' response to my earlier post ;
Did I say something humorus?

Respectfully, your brother in Christ,
Doc
no, just more intermadition, but i thought i made it clear i'm not interisted in posting with sda's who I believe to be dishonest.
take the hint or argue if you wan't, either way you will not impress me.
"It is clear that you have more knowledge of the history of the letters u and v than most people
a strange thing to say, but do I have to tell you outright that i'm not interisted in posting with you.
ok i tell you , i'm not interisted in posting with you, i have told you what i think of sda's, i also have similar thoughts about jw's and the papacy.
say what you like but i won't allow you to bring a bad spirit to me, not now or ever.

Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
'get it right's' response to my earlier post ;
Did I say something humorus?

Doc
I would rather laugh at something that i see as ridiculous - more intermadition than get angry.
:)

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

The poster formerly known as Acts6:5
Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In Doc's defense, I've read many of his posts over the years, and although I may disagree greatly over some of what he believes, he has been nothing but a model of honesty and courtesy. I have yet to come upon anything he has written that would lead me to believe that he is dishonest in the least.

In Christ,

Acts6:5

Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0

LittleLambofJesus

Hebrews 2:14.... Pesky Devil, git!
Site Supporter
May 19, 2015
GOD's country of Texas
Visit site
✟1,237,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
*SNIP*

.............The idea of the hand and forehead is not only found in Revelation. It is by no coincidence that Moses speaking of the Ten Commandments told the Israelites, “These Commandments that I give you today are to be upon your hearts…Tie them as symbols on your HANDS and bind them on your FOREHEADS” Deuteronomy 6:6, 8. Note the KJV translates “on your foreheads” to “frontlets between thine eyes” which means forehead. Again Moses said, “Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your HANDS and bind them on your FOREHEADS.”
Deuteronomy 11:18. In other words, God said His Ten Commandment law was to be a sign upon our hands and foreheads. Where does the mark of the beast go? What about the Seal of God? So what is the symbolism behind your HANDS and FOREHEAD?

Some believe 666 and the mark is a microchip injected into the hand or forehead. Others feel it may be connected to a credit card or national health card or even a bar code or tattoo. Are we to speculate to understand Bible prophecy? 2 Peter 1:20 “Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.”

So what are all theses theories you hear today on 666 and the mark of the beast being technology?

They are speculation, which we are told not to do and are not necessary. So how about we take the Biblical approach and see what God’s Word says 666 and the mark is.

I will return wth additional information.

Your brother in Christ,
Doc
Greetings and thanks for taking the time to post. I just quoted this part from your post. I can view the 666 as simply the "Flesh" apart from the Spirit of Christ. Much of Christianity is still yet "carnal" and thus look at much of Revelation as an unbeliever would look at it and thus make it out to be more of a futuristic science fiction book rather than a book of Redemption and Salvation. Not only for OC Israel and Judah, but for all those that come to the CROSS of our Lord and Savior Jesus the Christ.

Luke 3:16 is a rather fascinating verse [as is Zech 2:13]. Not only will ALL Flesh see the Salvation of YHWH and His Christ Jesus but also EVERY Eye.
We all need to remove the "blinders" of the flesh and see thru the Spirit at what Revelation and all the Bible is telling those of us in Jesus.

Zechariah 2:13 Be-hushed! All of flesh from faces of YHWH, that He is roused from habitation of holiness of Him. [Luke 3:6/Reve 8:1]

Luke 3:6 And shall-be-seeing/oyetai <3700> (5695) All flesh the Salvation of the God. [Gene 6:13/Reve 11:18, 19:17]

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
yes exactly.
Lol, funny. A smokescreen, but funny.

Why don't you just clear the air and list some of the things from Doc's posts that you think are dishonest? Because I serously doubt you've read enough of Doc's posts to get a real read on his level of integrity.

In Christ,

Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

Why don't you just clear the air and list some of the things from Doc's posts that you think are dishonest? Because I serously doubt you've read enough of Doc's posts to get a real read on his level of integrity.

In Christ,

and since when would i be taking orders from you?
your position here of telling us what should be posted,
and asking mods in another thread to delete a post that many wanted to discuss, has an air of self righteousness imo.

but you could be being used by satan as others seem to be, just to oppose with nothing of worth to contribute it seems.

go for it, do your thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
A closed mind is far too hard an item for me to make an impression on it.

i have heard all the sda stuff before, why would i want to hear it again.

Doc
just another false accusation, would that not be dishonesty?

Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship

none of your business what i wan't to post or not post.
am i going to obey you? :)
In Christ,

a smokescreen from what? I post what I want to, and i don't post what i don't want to.

this is just you thinking others must do things your way, don't post what i think is conspiracy theory, dosn't matter how many of you might be interisted in discussing it, do things my way or i will report you and your posts to the mods,
:)

Upvote 0

hiscosmicgoldfish

Liberal Anglican
Mar 1, 2008
✟11,767.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Single
Politics
UK-Conservative
I was listening to some more of Steve Wohlberg’s video posts on Google Video. I think that it is true to say that the SDA church seems to be the most noticeable group to have re-established the historicist interpretation of prophesy. I listened to Steve talk about the mark of the beast specifically, and I thought.. ‘how could an obviously thoughtful and intelligent person like him believe that Sunday worship is the mark of the beast? As that would = that everyone throughout history, from near the beginning of the Christian era, right through the reformation, are all condemned to hell.. only the SDA church members are saved, because they have not broken with the tradition of having the Sabbath on Saturday.. silly.
There was also a video about Islam, and this guy has written a book about it. He claims that the rise of Islam was due to God allowing the Muslim hoard to punish the early Christian church, because it had strayed into idolatry. I am open to that idea, as it does say in chapter 9 of Rev. that they still carried on with all the bad and forbidden stuff, after that dread activity from Islam had passed. In other words the whole thing had been in control and allowed by God, for a specific purpose of trying to purify the church.
From my own recent reading of Rev.9 .. I could see the rise of Islam in Arabia and the attack on Syria, and then the rise of the Ottoman empire, that is the first and 2nd woe, but I missed the third woe altogether, and I’ll have to have a look back at it.
This woe is perhaps another later woe, and is again about the rise and scourge of Islam.
There was the idea that ‘the Book’ was known in the Arabian peninsular around about the time of Mohammed, but what I find more interesting is that there could have been an underlying culture, in the Arab communities, which could trace their lineage back to Ishmael and Abraham, and those religious traditions and word of mouth recitations of the old biblical stories were not lost altogether; there was an understanding that they also had a link back to the God of Abraham; which was preserved in tact by the Israelites.
So Mohammed, knowing all this, but having the lack of understanding, insight, intellect and grace, was attempting to create a religion which would bring back the Arab people to the true God. As the Christians at that time had started to slip into idolatry, that religion did not appeal to Mohammed, as he was a little repulsed by idolatry. So if we cut Mohammed some slack, and try and get to the route of what was going on in those days, we might find in the early days, an attempt at enlightenment, failed like so many other heretic sects of that era, but an attempt at religious reform.
I personally think that the core doctrine of the Koran is not in any way inspired by God. Any similarities are derived from the historic links that the early Arabs had with Christians, Jews and their own cultural memory.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
and since when would i be taking orders from you?
So you don&#8217;t have any examples of Doc&#8217;s dishonesty? I figured as much. So far you've accused him of "intermadition" at least twice on this thread, but since that word doesn't exist in the English language I have no idea what the accusation is all about. I know what intermedation is, but that's hardly a negative.
your position here of telling us what should be posted,
and asking mods in another thread to delete a post that many wanted to discuss, has an air of self righteousness imo.
Nah, I&#8217;m just following the rules of the forum. If my report doesn't have any merit, then the mods will be sure to reopen the thread post haste.

but you could be being used by satan as others seem to be, just to oppose with nothing of worth to contribute it seems.go for it, do your thing.
So if I report a thread that you happen to like then Satan could be using me? I think he&#8217;s probably busy with other things at the moment, but that&#8217;s just my guess.

In Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
So you don’t have any examples of Doc’s dishonesty?
I figured as much.

A lie and an example of your dishonesty.

So if I report a thread that you happen to like

Anither lie - more dishonesty.

then Satan could be using me? I think he’s probably busy with other things at the moment, but that’s just my guess.

In Christ,

he is indeed busy with the self righteous, he can have them waste time on fruitlesss talk whining and reporting while neglecting things of God.
You posts are a good example of that, don't you think?

Take another look in the other thread, many oppose what you did, not one sided with you.
Do you believe in the bibical, "where two or more witnesses"

And if you do then you would agree that God is not with you.

matt 18: 15 Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16 But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17 And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican

11 cor 13:1 This is the third time I am coming to you. In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established.

1 tim 5:19 Against an elder receive not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.
20 Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, and the elect angels, that thou observe these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partiality.

heb 10:He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A lie and an example of your dishonesty.
How am lying? In your 1021 post, you said you believe Doc is dishonest, and yet you were unwilling to provide examples of this dishonesty, only claiming &#8220;some don&#8217;t see&#8221;. So if you failed to provide examples for your claim, and if my experience with Doc showed no evidence of dishonesty, then what other conclusion can I come to other than you don&#8217;t have any examples. In my opinion, I think you&#8217;re basing your feelings about Doc on previous encounters you&#8217;ve had with SDA&#8217;s, rather than on anything he&#8217;s actually said or done in the past.

And you have yet to explain what in the world "intermadition" means.

Anither lie - more dishonesty.
How is that a lie? Are you telling me that you did not like Trailbyfire&#8217;s thread?

he is indeed busy with the self righteous, he can have them waste time on fruitlesss talk whining and reporting while neglecting things of God. You posts are a good example of that, don't you think?
It didn&#8217;t take up much time at all; all of about a minute, actually. I don&#8217;t think reporting the post was a waste of time, but we can agree to disagree on that.

Take another look in the other thread, many oppose what you did, not one sided with you.
What, is this a popularity contest now? If I see something that I think is a forum violation I have the right to hit the report button. You of course have the right to disagree with my choice, but it&#8217;s up to the mods to decide whether or not to take action.

Do you believe in the bibical, "where two or more witnesses". And if you do then you would agree that God is not with you.
Wow&#8230;you&#8217;re trying to apply that passage to a reported thread? Well, if the mods discuss the thread and decide to keep it closed, then I will have satisfied your ridiculous interpretation of two or more witnesses, and since they are in charge of running this board then their decision is what counts, not what you or I think. Can we agree on that?

In Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

get it right

Nov 25, 2008
✟1,845.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
How am lying? In your 1021 post, you said you believe Doc is dishonest, and yet you were unwilling to provide examples of this dishonesty, only claiming &#8220;some don&#8217;t see&#8221;. So if you failed to provide examples for your claim, and if my experience with Doc showed no evidence of dishonesty, then what other conclusion can I come to other than you don&#8217;t have any examples. In my opinion, I think you&#8217;re basing your feelings about Doc on previous encounters you&#8217;ve had with SDA&#8217;s, rather than on anything he&#8217;s actually said or done in the past.

like i have said, i won't be answering to you, a nobody in my opinion, who thinks i have to answer to him, get it yet? what you demand only assures you will not get it.

And you have yet to explain what in the world "intermadition" means.

what to you ha ha.

How is that a lie? Are you telling me that you did not like Trailbyfire&#8217;s thread?

that's right, i never said otherwise, you wrongly, like much else that you say, came to that conclusion from nothing, just from your own mind,i stand up for their right to discuss the post that you had deleted.

It didn&#8217;t take up much time at all; all of about a minute, actually. I don&#8217;t think reporting the post was a waste of time, but we can agree to disagree on that.

no, everyone else is wrong, not you.

What, is this a popularity contest now? If I see something that I think is a forum violation I have the right to hit the report button. You of course have the right to disagree with my choice, but it&#8217;s up to the mods to decide whether or not to take action.

Wow&#8230;you&#8217;re trying to apply that passage to a reported thread? Well, if the mods discuss the thread and decide to keep it closed, then I will have satisfied your ridiculous interpretation of two or more witnesses, and since they are in charge of running this board then their decision is what counts, not what you or I think. Can we agree on that?

In Christ,

no we can't, the majority say's you are wrong, you say who cares about two or more witnesses, i'm right.

Voted CF's #1 favorite member 5 years in a row
that say's a lot about what you think of yourself.

Upvote 0

NumberOneSon

Mar 24, 2002
Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟22,170.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
like i have said, i won't be answering to you, a nobody in my opinion, who thinks i have to answer to him, get it yet? what you demand only assures you will not get it.
Of course. So I guess you&#8217;ll just be content to hide behind the anonymity of your computer screen and say Doc is dishonest without actually showing why you think he&#8217;s dishonest.

what to you ha ha.
No, you owe it to Doc since you accused him of the imaginary term at least twice so far, lol.

that's right, i never said otherwise, you wrongly, like much else that you say, came to that conclusion from nothing, just from your own mind,i stand up for their right to discuss the post that you had deleted.
Ok, so do you or do you not like Trialbyfire&#8217;s thread? Oh wait, I forgot...you won't answer my question because you have a "don't respond to Acts6:5" policy. My mistake.

no, everyone else is wrong, not you.
Again, this is not a popularity contest. If I was right in questioning the thread, then the mods will keep the thread closed; if I&#8217;m wrong, then the mods will reopen it. It&#8217;s that simple. Majority rules is not how the forum operates, contrary to your opinion.

no we can't, the majority say's you are wrong, you say who cares about two or more witnesses, i'm right.
Don&#8217;t the mods count as witnesses? I must have missed the rule on the forum policy page that states a poster is wrong to use the report button if a majority of posters agree with a thread.
that say's a lot about what you think of yourself.
LOL, the &#8220;voted #1&#8221; line is an obvious attempt at poking fun at myself. Seriously, you can&#8217;t be that thick. I&#8217;m well aware of how unpopular I am, thank you. I hope this isn't the same kind of discernment you used to conclude that Doc is dishonest.

In Christ,

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.