Jan 2, 2004
The upper midwest, out in the woods.
Visit site
✟10,265.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Considering the nature of God, satan would be part of God's overall plan. Which brings up the question-- Why did God create a universe where the known result would be the rebellion and condemnation of so many of its beings? I don't know the answer to that one. But He will reveal all things in time.

Upvote 0

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 8, 2005
Ohio
✟18,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
God wants us to be free to make our own decesion. We can chose to follow him, and he will be rewarded in heaven. Or we can choose not to follow him, and we can go to hell, God wanted it to be our choice, that is why, im assumming god let satan try to fight against god. God would have known he was planning it, but he let it continue, until he cast satan to hell.

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Seek Wisdom and Understanding
Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
I think it has alot to do with the end product God is working towards.

It is said, "God is Love".
God created us because He loves us, and desires that we in turn Love Him.
True Unconditional Love by it's very nature though cannot be imposed, it can only be freely given. If God did not provide us with self determination (free will), we would be no better than little programmable robots, incapable of truely communing with anything even resembling a self aware intelligence, let alone God.

Self Determination though has it's pitfalls, the biggest is that in order to be able to choose, one must have a selection of at least 2 choices. Therefore God set up a Bipolar Creation, Light and Darkness, Positive and Negative, Land and Sea, Male and Female, etc...

He then had to establish a set of preferences and a system of Justice to sort that which He Desires from That which He Rejects. He then set up the "Test", He worked out a way for Sinful people to be redeemed by their choice, then allowed Sin to enter into the world, thus condemning all of creation. Then He waits and see's who will choose to take His offering of Redemption.

If you Love someone, set them free...
If they should return to you then they are yours,
If they don't then they never did love you at all.

Upvote 0

tel0004

Lost in Translation
Sep 8, 2005
Ohio
✟18,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
opakueken said:
In the "Thousend Years" Satan will be looked up, so that he cant tempt us any more. Why doesn't God did this from the beginning of the world?:scratch:

Maybe he was planned for testing us. I donnt know.

I think it still all goes back to god loving us. We allow evil things to go on in our lives, but we draw the line in the sand until one day we say enough is enough, and we triumph over it. God is the same way. He allows satan to decieve us, but he sent his son to proclaim the good news about god, and to give us power over satan, but one day god is going to stand up, and put any end to satan so he can decieve the world no longer.

Upvote 0
V

Vigil

Anthony said:
The Question is - Is satan part of God's plan. Does God uses satan to work out his Plan. Does satan play a role in His plan. Would God's plan work without satan; meaning satan is an important part of God's plan. It was His intent to have "a" satan all along.

When you word it that way.

Yes, Satan is part of Gods Plan. Satan is Part of Gods plan involving Humans.

Now, does God use Satan to work his plan? That is an odd question. I am not sure how to answer it.

Is Satan important to Gods plan? No more then you or I are important to Gods Plan.

That last Question is bit redundent.

Hope I have Helped you.

God Bless
Vigil.

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anthony said:
The Question is - Is satan part of God's plan. Does God uses satan to work out his Plan. Does satan play a role in His plan. Would God's plan work without satan; meaning satan is an important part of God's plan. It was His intent to have "a" satan all along.

Is satan part of God's plan. Does God uses satan to work out his Plan. Does satan play a role in His plan?

Yes...

Job 1:8-12
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Would God's plan work without satan?

Yes...
The free will choices were present in the Garden of Eden, Adam and Eve would have eaten of the fruit of their own choice then the plan to create Man would have been accomplished, God would have what he desired.

Genesis 2:8-9
And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

It was His intent to have "a" satan all along?
Yes...
Free Will demands choices, and there must therefore be a counterpoint to God.

It was God's intent for man to be like God in certain ways...

Genesis 1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

Genesis 2:22
And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

We were created to be the children of God
We are in His Image and Likeness,
We have Dominion over our "territory"
We are like God in that we know Good and Evil,
and we are capable of Loving God as He Loves Us.

God loves us so much, that He suffers the presence of Sin and Rebellion for our benefit, and has provided us with what we need to come to the knowledge of God and Love Him.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Hortysir

Mar 18, 2005
Centrill, Flooriduh
Visit site
✟771.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Free Will....
For us....
And for Lucifer....
Lucifer was prideful and vain, so when we were created in their image we also got the sinning tendency....
For his pridefulness and vanity, Lucifer was cast down.
Such is our fate, if we don't turn to the Light.
GodBless

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anthony said:
I agree that God's plan would work without satan. But satan is part of God's plan. Does satan work with God? Do God and satan have discussions?

Go back and reread Job...
I thought I had already covered this question...:doh:

Job 1:8-12
And the LORD said unto Satan, Hast thou considered my servant Job, that there is none like him in the earth, a perfect and an upright man, one that feareth God, and escheweth evil?
Then Satan answered the LORD, and said, Doth Job fear God for nought?
Hast not thou made an hedge about him, and about his house, and about all that he hath on every side? thou hast blessed the work of his hands, and his substance is increased in the land.
But put forth thine hand now, and touch all that he hath, and he will curse thee to thy face.
And the LORD said unto Satan, Behold, all that he hath is in thy power; only upon himself put not forth thine hand. So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD.

Upvote 0

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Hortysir said:
Free Will....
For us....
And for Lucifer....
Lucifer was prideful and vain, so when we were created in their image we also got the sinning tendency....
For his pridefulness and vanity, Lucifer was cast down.
Such is our fate, if we don't turn to the Light.
GodBless

Hmmm - We were created in their image? Aren't we created in God's image. This statement sounds like we were created in the Angel's image, or worse it sounds like you're implying we were created in lucifer's image?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Anthony

Generic Christian
Nov 2, 2002
Visit site
✟10,268.00
Faith
Christian
Wisdom's Child said:
Go back and reread Job...
I thought I had already covered this question...:doh:

You've answered the questions which are clear cut, with answers.

Answer this question. Are satan and God working together? Before answering I know satan's job is to work against God's plan, and to work against us. But isn't this satan job?

Upvote 0
R

RP1000

Considering the nature of God, satan would be part of God's overall plan
I am not sure what you mean here?

I think God can do what he wants to by himself if he wants to!
He doesn't need anyone!
Remember God in infinite, the almighty creater
satan is a limited created being whose destiny is not pretty and its out of his hands

in short ... all the cards are in Gods hands alone!

Upvote 0

Brother_Justin

Warrior of Our Lady
Apr 10, 2005
Iowa
✟4,587.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
First and formost the serpent in the Adam and Eve story is not satan. That is an assumed fact that has no evidence thus we can't simply come to that conclusion.

Do God and satan talk to one another? Sure why not? We don't see that much of satan in the Bible. We see him in Job and sure enough he is talking with God. Actualy he is working with God. So yeah I think satan and God could possibly work together.

Now the Story of Job I have read scholars and theist who believe that at that time in the Bible satan hadn't actualy fallen yet. That he was actualy still part of God's divine court. Speculation is speculation though.

Anything that has been created by God was created for a reason. God doesn't need ANYTHING to be. Thus God wouldn't create anything he didn't have a use for. Thus the creation of satan and his part in God's divine plan is there. God uses satan. God uses everything.

If you looking for a solid answer to the question was satan's fall predestined you will never get an answer for that. Both sides of the argument have solid valid points. Frankly I could care less either way. God's plan will work itself out no matter what any of us do. Satan fell and that's all i really need to know.

Love brother ~Justin~ <><

Upvote 0

Wisdom's Child

Dec 30, 2003
Trenton, Florida
Visit site
✟9,563.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Anthony said:
You've answered the questions which are clear cut, with answers.

Answer this question. Are satan and God working together? Before answering I know satan's job is to work against God's plan, and to work against us. But isn't this satan job?

Proverbs 16:4
The LORD hath made all things for himself: yea, even the wicked for the day of evil.

Satan is a tool that God uses.
This is like asking does a carpenter work together with his saw?

Just because a created being like Satan is flawed does not mean that it cannot be usefull for other purposes beyond the one it was originally created for.

And as any other defective tool or device, once it is no longer useful it will be discarded.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.