is persecution good for every christian?

GA777

May 17, 2011
✟15,698.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Exactly, you dont have to be shy for that or afraid. Fill yourself with courage, because through every single persecution happening to someone who gets persecuted because he really believes in jesus christ or follow the commandments of the bible or anything, there is a reward in heaven later on, the more the persecution gets tough and endures, the more the reward will be bigger. Dont forget that our life here on Earth is so small, and our 2nd one is eternal, so this is life is meaningless. Dont forget that Jesus, the son of God, our God,the all powerful and the most important to have been on earth wanted to come to this life to get persecuted. Just dont worry about these persecutions, stick to God, time will pass and it passes fast, and after the time passes, you wont feel any pain anymore to what happened, and be closer to God's kingdom having much happier life and way more awards for every persecution. Just dont worry :)

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It certainly can be good in some ways. Often in persecution we are more likely to rely on God more. This is a good thing. But for others persecution can lead to abandoning of faith. It really depends on the person and the degree of persecution. We have a choice of whether we are made stronger or weaker through persecution. We can either turn to God or we can try to run from God.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
I don't know. Talking to an Atheist is like talking to a wall. They want hardcore evidence. And whatever you try to help them understand. It doesn't work. You end up being defeated in the end. Jesus had healing powers to help people understand. I don't have that.

Upvote 0

tcwoods91

Friend of God
Jun 11, 2011
Newberg, Oregon
Visit site
✟7,833.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know. Talking to an Atheist is like talking to a wall. They want hardcore evidence. And whatever you try to help them understand. It doesn't work. You end up being defeated in the end. Jesus had healing powers to help people understand. I don't have that.

God still works miracles through His people to this very day. We don't see it as much in the west, but people are still getting healed, being freed from demon possession and even in rare cases being raised from the dead through the power of Jesus Christ!

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
i what way can a christian live his/her life to avoid persecution?

Live life like you aren't a Christian and never admit that you are and you can avoid persecution, however, that would also mean that you would avoid being a Christian as well.

Upvote 0

Mediakira

Jun 6, 2011
Eaton, Ohio
✟34,039.00
Country
United States
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Engaged
Politics
US-Libertarian
God still works miracles through His people to this very day. We don't see it as much in the west, but people are still getting healed, being freed from demon possession and even in rare cases being raised from the dead through the power of Jesus Christ!

Really?! I have a sister I think she's possessed by something. Because she did tell me she felt a ghost hanging onto her arm after ghost hunting with a friend at night. In the cementary. After that she kept acting weird and anger was being pressed in the family. Right now she's taking meds for a mental disorder. So, I'm curious if it is all possible. If she might be possessed. Because she did see demons for 2years. She even thought my family and me are demons too. It's like the Mary Magdelane story.

YouTube - ‪The Miracle Maker: Seven Demons‬‏

So I wonder if that could be true.

She kept saying she doubted God, she was being condemned for doing shamanism. But she never did any of those things. She even stopped eating and drinking for 4 days. Saying that God told her too. It was very frightening. I didn't have any skills to help her.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

s_s

Jul 12, 2011
Northern Ireland
✟7,875.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Really?! I have a sister I think she's possessed by something. Because she did tell me she felt a ghost hanging onto her arm after ghost hunting with a friend at night. In the cementary. After that she kept acting weird and anger was being pressed in the family. Right now she's taking meds for a mental disorder. So, I'm curious if it is all possible. If she might be possessed. Because she did see demons for 2years. She even thought my family and me are demons too. It's like the Mary Magdelane story.

So I wonder if that could be true.

She kept saying she doubted God, she was being condemned for doing shamanism. But she never did any of those things. She even stopped eating and drinking for 4 days. Saying that God told her too. It was very frightening. I didn't have any skills to help her.

Quite possibly, although I think the forum rules do not allow demon discussion. You are best perhaps speaking to a pastor or someone you may know with experience in this field.
Bear in mind that it can be difficult to determine or sort out, and it is not something you should attempt on your own. If she has a strong, volatile reaction to the name of Jesus, then proceed with caution. You may not be able to get her into a church either.
But I shall say no more. Seek an evangelical church. Do not approach advertised "faith healers". I hope this gets resolved for you both.

Upvote 0

pinkputter

unending love, amazing grace
May 21, 2007
United States
✟10,504.00
Faith
Christian
Exactly, you dont have to be shy for that or afraid. Fill yourself with courage, because through every single persecution happening to someone who gets persecuted because he really believes in jesus christ or follow the commandments of the bible or anything, there is a reward in heaven later on, the more the persecution gets tough and endures, the more the reward will be bigger. Dont forget that our life here on Earth is so small, and our 2nd one is eternal, so this is life is meaningless. Dont forget that Jesus, the son of God, our God,the all powerful and the most important to have been on earth wanted to come to this life to get persecuted. Just dont worry about these persecutions, stick to God, time will pass and it passes fast, and after the time passes, you wont feel any pain anymore to what happened, and be closer to God's kingdom having much happier life and way more awards for every persecution. Just dont worry :)

Thank you for this. Almost brought tears to my eyes. I go through this with some co workers, on top of a spiritual attack i had, it's definitely not easy. But God calls us to look forward to His promises and assures us it's worth it. "For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all."
It's hard. Sometimes it feels like God gives you more than you can handle. But a lot of times He believes in us more than we believe in ourselves and shows us we can handle more. We have to trust Him. Thanks for sharing.

Upvote 0

karen05037

Jan 10, 2012
✟15,230.00
Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship

1 peter1.6 ]Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to test you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:
In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials.

1 peter 2.1 Dear friends, I urge you, as aliens and strangers in the world, to abstain from sinful desires, which war against your soul

Upvote 0

evelyn3

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site
✟7,644.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Live life like you aren't a Christian and never admit that you are and you can avoid persecution, however, that would also mean that you would avoid being a Christian as well.

This is true. We can live to avoid persecution. But that would deprive ourselves of the way God would work through the persecution to strengthen our faith and draw us closer to Him.

Having said that, I know many Christians who behave in ways that provokes persecution. It's a judgement call whether they are being attacked for bearing witness to Christ and doing good, or if the persecution comes because of their own insensitive unloving behavior.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brittany111

Feb 18, 2012
TX
✟7,958.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

I have to agree with grasping the after wind:

I would also like to add that persecution can bring new oppertunites to be a witness for Christ. Look at the example of Paul and Silas in Acts 16. They had an oppertunity to run when the prison doors were opened. They stayed and brought the jailor and his entire household to the Lord. Our witness can be stronger when circumstances are not easy.

Upvote 0