Is Origin of Language proof for a Creator/God?

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Sorry, but that is an obvious mistranslation since the Hebrew word for "her" is the SAME word for "his" in the verses just before the verse you listed. ALSO, The Hebrew word which is used for both is the word "miyn" which is in Strong's.

Transliteration
miyn Pronunciation
mēn (Key)

Part of Speech
masculine noun

Unless you use the KJV you will misunderstand.
Fantastic. So now you have a mistranslated bible, written by atheists, agnostics and phonies yet you consider it to be the inspired word of God?

Would you like to dig a deeper hole?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Forty six and two are just ahead of me...
Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Sorry, but that is an obvious mistranslation since the Hebrew word for "her" is the SAME word for "his" in the verses just before the verse you listed. ALSO, The Hebrew word which is used for both is the word "miyn" which is in Strong's.

Transliteration
miyn Pronunciation
mēn (Key)

Part of Speech
masculine noun

Unless you use the KJV you will misunderstand.

What does the Hebrew word for "kind" being masculine have to do with anything?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
It is also old and that means that it is less altered than the newer versions.

Clearly, you are unfamiliar with how the Bible is translated into English. Please explain to me why you think the KJV is less altered than the newer versions.

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You what? How does age make something "less altered"?

Have a linguistics question for you, BB. I am somewhat familiar with masculine and feminine words, having studied Spanish for several years. Obviously, it is a bit of a foreign concept for most Americans, as it isn't a part of English grammar (although, I think it used to be A LONG TIME AGO, if I remember the history correctly).

At any rate, "cabeza" is Spanish for "head" and it is a feminine word, regardless of which gender owns any particular noggin.

My question is: are there languages where a noun is conjugated differently depending on how it relates to physical gender?

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Have a linguistics question for you, BB. I am somewhat familiar with masculine and feminine words, having studied Spanish for several years. Obviously, it is a bit of a foreign concept for most Americans, as it isn't a part of English grammar (although, I think it used to be A LONG TIME AGO, if I remember the history correctly).

At any rate, "cabeza" is Spanish for "head" and it is a feminine word, regardless of which gender owns any particular noggin.

My question is: are there languages where a noun is conjugated differently depending on how it relates to physical gender?
You picked an interesting word in Spanish - el cabeza (masculine) is the head of a family (I think), la cabeza (feminine) is your noggin. Several languages have nouns with same spelling (homonyms) but slightly different meanings depending on gender but with common etymologies. There are also homonyms of different genders with very different meanings but also different etymologies - German has der Band (masculine, music band), die Band (feminine, ribbon) and das Band (neuter, volume of a book).

It's not unusual for there to be masculine and feminine forms of things like jobs, which is one place where gender is still used in English (actor / actress, prince / princess).

French and Italian are interesting in having certain nouns which are masculine in the singular but feminine in the plural (il braccio / le braccia, for example).

To your question, though, I'm not aware of any language where noun gender changes depending on the owner of the object. But since there are almost 7000 languages, of which about 1/4 use gender, and I only speak 8 of them, I'm not going to say there definitely isn't one.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: 46AND2
Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Fantastic. So now you have a mistranslated bible, written by atheists, agnostics and phonies yet you consider it to be the inspired word of God?

Would you like to dig a deeper hole?

It doesn't matter since the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truth, is inside me guiding me to His Truth. I place my faith in Him to take me home and not the changeable truth of misguided unbelieving mankind.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
What does the Hebrew word for "kind" being masculine have to do with anything?

Their kind refers to God and His kind refers to God's Son. I don't see any women there but only two kinds of He. Which kind do you think God is speaking of in Genesis? His (Jesus) or Their (Trinity) kind?

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
You what? How does age make something "less altered"?

The same reason Jesus reduced the lifespan of mankind from 900 plus years to 120. Religions alter God's Holy Word attempting to make it "fit" with their unsupported beliefs. A good example is the JW twist to John 1:1:

Jhn 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was "a" God.

Adding just one letter changes the entire meaning of the Bible. God is One.

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
Clearly, you are unfamiliar with how the Bible is translated into English. Please explain to me why you think the KJV is less altered than the newer versions.

Because greedy mankind has had less time to alter the Bible to make it agree with their phony religions. Or do you put your faith in greedy religionists?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You picked an interesting word in Spanish - el cabeza (masculine) is the head of a family (I think), la cabeza (feminine) is your noggin. Several languages have nouns with same spelling (homonyms) but slightly different meanings depending on gender but with common etymologies. There are also homonyms of different genders with very different meanings but also different etymologies - German has der Band (masculine, music band), die Band (feminine, ribbon) and das Band (neuter, volume of a book).

It's not unusual for there to be masculine and feminine forms of things like jobs, which is one place where gender is still used in English (actor / actress, prince / princess).

French and Italian are interesting in having certain nouns which are masculine in the singular but feminine in the plural (il braccio / le braccia, for example).

To your question, though, I'm not aware of any language where noun gender changes depending on the owner of the object. But since there are almost 7000 languages, of which about 1/4 use gender, and I only speak 8 of them, I'm not going to say there definitely isn't one.

Thanks. Am I remembering correctly that English used to use engendered words more frequently in the distant past?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Their kind refers to God and His kind refers to God's Son. I don't see any women there but only two kinds of He. Which kind do you think God is speaking of in Genesis? His (Jesus) or Their (Trinity) kind?

Please answer my question. What does the fact that the Hebrew word for kind is masculine have to do with anything?

Upvote 0

46AND2

Sep 5, 2012
Vancouver, WA
✟102,103.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Because greedy mankind has had less time to alter the Bible to make it agree with their phony religions. Or do you put your faith in greedy religionists?

You think that scholars are altering ancient manuscripts?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
We think He meant "its."

What's the pronoun rule in biblical Hebrew? Basing your interpretation on English won't do you any good at all.

Upvote 0

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
The same reason Jesus reduced the lifespan of mankind from 900 plus years to 120.
So age means it is unaltered because it was altered? You're completely incoherent.

Religions alter God's Holy Word attempting to make it "fit" with their unsupported beliefs.
You see no irony in this claim?

Adding just one letter changes the entire meaning of the Bible. God is One.
Indeed. And you are guilty of that sin.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Jimmy D
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Bungle_Bear

Whoot!
Mar 6, 2011
✟254,540.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Thanks. Am I remembering correctly that English used to use engendered words more frequently in the distant past?
You are correct. English is a Germanic language. Old English had 3 genders, but these mostly fell out of use in Middle English (roughly 11th to 16th centuries).

Upvote 0

Aman777

Christian
Jan 26, 2013
✟30,043.00
Faith
Baptist
We think He meant "its."

Do you see God as an it?

What's the pronoun rule in biblical Hebrew?

I have no idea and it doesn't matter to those like me who believe the KJV tells us God's Truth AND live in the last days AND notice that recent scientific discoveries confirm the only God could have authored Genesis.

Basing your interpretation on English won't do you any good at all.

Are you Hebrew? Do you think the Jewish Religion is the correct one? You seem to since you study the Bible through the eyes of ancient Hebrew Theologians who lived more than 3k years ago. IF they had been correct, Jesus would NOT have had to die for the sins of mankind. Amen?

Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Do you see God as an it?
LOL! The antecedent of the pronoun is "beast" not "God."
I have no idea and it doesn't matter to those like me who believe the KJV tells us God's Truth AND live in the last days AND notice that recent scientific discoveries confirm the only God could have authored Genesis.

Are you Hebrew? Do you think the Jewish Religion is the correct one? You seem to since you study the Bible through the eyes of ancient Hebrew Theologians who lived more than 3k years ago. IF they had been correct, Jesus would NOT have had to die for the sins of mankind. Amen?
I only observe that if God authored Genesis He authored it in Biblical Hebrew, not Elizabethan English. If you want to know exactly what He wrote you have to read the Hebrew.

Do you even know if Hebrew has a neuter singular possessive pronoun?

Upvote 0