Is Mystery Babylon literal or just metaphoric?

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Lost Witness
Lost Witness
"And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.
And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on my name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The Lord is my God."
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

YahuahSaves

Nov 19, 2022
Melbourne
✟30,343.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Outside of Israel becoming a Nation again what other portions do you see as being fulfilled? I am not able to see them. We have not seen the rapture or the wrath of God upon the earth. Nor, has the millennial begun. I guess my question would be if you say that the harlot has been destroyed and other things have all been done it messes up the timeline and flow of the total book of Revelation. It is one Revelation not many Revelations that stand alone on their own.
Did I say any of that has been fulfilled? Revelation uses a lot of symbolism and there a certain things Jesus said that would take place "shortly". Meaning not too long after his death on the cross. Revelation is an unfolding of events on the spiritual and political stage.

You should do some more research.... that's all I'm saying.

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I believe my 20+ years of studying has given me some knowledge. Contrary, to what you may say about research I have done much. How can you know what shortly is in God's timeline? We have been awaiting for the return now for over two thousand years.

• Informative
Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Revelation was written to the Seven Churches of Asia. It is best to assume that what was written in the book was fully understood by the original audience of the first-century, and does not refer to events beyond their own knowledge and age (else, it would have not been written specifically for these churches).

The 'Third Temple' will not be rebuilt, as some claim. The religious and political environment surrounding the Temple Mount is problematic enough that the reconstruction will never occur. Also, Al-Aqsa mosque is built on top of it. If it were to be removed by the modern-state of Israel, there would be a holy war. As it stands, the Waqf own jurisdiction over the land.
Why is it that Israel is looking for and collecting items needed to consecrate the land and rebuild the Temple? As well as raising a line of Levite Priest to take care of the Temple. asfar as the site goes they are finding the original temple may not have been in the exact spot as the Muslim mosque. Besides, My God can do what He wantss and if need be eartquakes can take down building or any way He sees to accomplish His plan.

Reactions: Lost Witness
Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Why is it that Israel is looking for and collecting items needed to consecrate the land and rebuild the Temple? As well as raising a line of Levite Priest to take care of the Temple. asfar as the site goes they are finding the original temple may not have been in the exact spot as the Muslim mosque. Besides, My God can do what He wantss and if need be eartquakes can take down building or any way He sees to accomplish His plan.
How treacherous that Christians today are supporting the reestablishment of the worship and nation that their God judged nearly two-thousand years ago for crucifying their Lord. If it was the Lord's will to rebuilt the Temple, then there is no point in believing in Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross. How treacherous that Christian today are helping a people to willingly thrive in defiance of the scriptures. The symbol of David on their flag is a reflection of their denouncing of Jesus as the Messiah. If God wanted to restore the nation, Christians would have helped them rebuilt it after its destruction by the Romans after they legalized and established the faith in the Empire. Christians are betraying their Lord by helping the Jewish people live in defiance of the New Testament, and it is disgusting. God will not bless their work, nor will he help them return to the ways that he himself stopped. God has made their living in the land difficult, and possessing the land difficult, because God is opposed to them. This should be plain to all Christians everywhere.

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not supporting it. The book of Revelation states that it will happen. You are leaving out that the Romans also had a hand in the crucifixion. As far as for the "faith" that was legalized it was mixed greatly with pagan beliefs and holidays. So which would disgust God more? God new before the foundations of the earth what would happen. Jesus came to save the Jew first and then the Gentiles. You cannot tell me that the Pagan religions of this world are better than the Jewish religion that at least seeks the Father. Why does God say that He will turn His back to the nations that turn their backs on Israel?

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How treacherous that Christians today are supporting the reestablishment of the worship and nation that their God judged nearly two-thousand years ago for crucifying their Lord. If it was the Lord's will to rebuilt the Temple, then there is no point in believing in Jesus and his sacrifice on the cross. How treacherous that Christian today are helping a people to willingly thrive in defiance of the scriptures. The symbol of David on their flag is a reflection of their denouncing of Jesus as the Messiah. If God wanted to restore the nation, Christians would have helped them rebuilt it after its destruction by the Romans after they legalized and established the faith in the Empire. Christians are betraying their Lord by helping the Jewish people live in defiance of the New Testament, and it is disgusting. God will not bless their work, nor will he help them return to the ways that he himself stopped. God has made their living in the land difficult, and possessing the land difficult, because God is opposed to them. This should be plain to all Christians everywhere.
It's more along the lines that it's happening as it's supposed too,
Got nothing to do with supporting it at all.

Upvote 0

Jonaitis

Soli Deo Gloria
Jan 4, 2019
Wyoming
✟123,651.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It Will be built,
It's going to happen as is written in Daniels prophecy
If it does not hapen as prophesied then some of the Old Testament is not true

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I recall the St John Basilica has an inscription on it that says “the mother and mistress of all churches of Rome and the world”.
So the conection is what? Sorry do not see significance. If you are saying that the Catholic church is the harlot of Babylon how does one destoy the religious beliefs of a people; then get those people to follow another?

Upvote 0

Belteshazzar(Daniel)

Mar 14, 2021
Ohio
✟19,392.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Chapter 8 in the book of Daniel. refers to the little horn or anti christ or beast if you will. This little horn raises to power when transgression has reached its limit. Verse 11 speaks of the sacrifice being taken away by him. Then in verse 23 it tells of the beast having mighty power given to him . then it goes on to tell of the destruction ;his ego; and by peace he destroy many. And in verse 26 God tells Daniel to shut up the vision for it shall be for many days. Israel as a nation, was restored after WW11. In line with Daniel's timeline of events that were to come before Christ returns.
In closing Chapter 12 Speaks of an increase of knowledge but Daniel is told to shut up the words and seal the book even till the time of the end.
So what knowledge is man seeking if it is not the knowledge of the end times. Why would the book of Revelations be the only book that promises a blessing for those who read and dig into it?
Read it again and match things up to the book of Revelation

Upvote 0