United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christ is always present. Is he not?

How often do we feel and know that presence without doubt? Not just believe it because we should.

We don't fully realize it because we are distracted with all our other thoughts and feelings.

Meanwhile He waits for us.

Reactions: zippy2006
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So, you you only have one prayer? The Our Father? That is the only prayer he taught.

Anyway, Do what you think best. Peace be with you.

Actually, the Lords Prayer is how we are to model our praying.

It is not in technical reality a prayer in and of itself. It is the form in how we should conduct our praying!

But peace also rest on you and in you!

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be still and know that I am God. God came, in a still small voice, to one who listened for it. Who, by taking thought, can add one cubic to his stature?

If you are looking for people to say that it is wrong to sit for a while, breathe deep, or stop talking to yourself for a couple minutes.....you will find them.

For he who seeks, find.

They do more than that. They chant a mantra that says who knows what, to some pagan deity.

If he wants to sit in a lotus position and meditate on scripture, per the Bible, he can do that all he wants.

Upvote 0

chad kincham

Mar 4, 2009
✟62,040.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Be still and know that I am God. God came, in a still small voice, to one who listened for it. Who, by taking thought, can add one cubic to his stature?

If you are looking for people to say that it is wrong to sit for a while, breathe deep, or stop talking to yourself for a couple minutes.....you will find them.

For he who seeks, find.

PS - it’s, he who seeks finds, with an S.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Yes, there are people who will say it is wrong to just sit, relax, be attentive to breath and to simply let thoughts come and go until there is restful calmness.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do a stretch class that has a meditation thing at the end. I leave before that as I dont feel right about participating in that. so do other people I wonder if they are believers as well maybe.
Help me to understand why you don't feel right observing your own breathing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

StillGods

Aug 9, 2017
North Island
✟292,469.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
So awareness of breathing is now also a spiritual danger?

could be, it depends on the person and whether for them that is an area that could lead to opening oneself up to that side of things.
eg. there are things I cant do that another person would think are harmless, but because of my past I cant for spiritual reasons.

Upvote 0

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes, there are people who will say it is wrong to just sit, relax, be attentive to breath and to simply let thoughts come and go until there is restful calmness.

I do the above Nd it helps me massively. But I don't do it in a way that is linked to transcendental meditation. Mindfulness is different from TM or.yoga which can be demonic

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,050.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I am a strong believer in the love and presence of Christ in the hearts of those who love him.
I do not see how anything can possibly be dangerous about listening for Him and while that listing takes place one cannot help notice the breath and body. Christ himself incarnated, had a body and breath.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Junia
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Junia

May 17, 2020
Bristol
✟31,159.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I am a string believer in the love and presence of Christ in the hearts of those who love him.
I do not see how anything an possibly be dangerous about listening for Him and while that listing takes place one cannot help notice the breath and body. Christ himself incarnated, had a body and breath.

Amen! Jesus loves in us. Demons can oppress us but they can't unwell us

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
They do more than that. They chant a mantra that says who knows what, to some pagan deity.

If he wants to sit in a lotus position and meditate on scripture, per the Bible, he can do that all he wants.
Who is the "they" you speak of? This thread is about meditation in general....not any specific type.

Thanks for letting the OPer know what he can and cannot do....Im sure this is appreciated....

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
PS - it’s, he who seeks finds, with an S.
The error is left there to prove a point. Many read this post but so far, yet only one found and responded to an error......because only one was looking for error.

If we desire to find someone who can find error in what we do or write....We will find them.

For "he who seeks find"

Upvote 0

RaymondG

Nov 15, 2016
USA
✟268,974.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I do a stretch class that has a meditation thing at the end. I leave before that as I dont feel right about participating in that. so do other people I wonder if they are believers as well maybe.
Yes, they are believers......Believers of the same thing that you believe: meditation is wrong. And there is nothing wrong with believing this........Issues could arise, however, when we try to get others to believe what we believe....if we happen to be wrong....

• Useful
Reactions: StillGods
Upvote 0