May 27, 2004
reality
✟3,614.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
suzie said:
Over touching yourself can lead to importence??? That is very interesting. I would love to know the reference for that little known fact.

This is not true. Masturbation does not lead to impotence. I did a google search and found nothing about masturbation causing impotence. Not on menstuff, not on globalfamilydoctor, not on webmd, not anywhere.

I also did a search on google for masturbation and prostate cancer, and I found that there was a study recently that showed that regular masturbation well decrease your chances for developing prostate cancer

Since Im under 15 posts I cannot put exact links on yet otherwise I would.

So either do a search on google for "masturbation and prostate cancer" there is stuff on globalfamilydoctor website and on menstuff website.

they say that [bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse][bless and do not curse] is negatively associated with prostate cancer, which means in laymens terms that the more you touch the less likely you are to develop prostate cancer.

Upvote 0

gary cook

May 31, 2004
✟183.00
Faith
Protestant
yes their is in gen. GOD cursed a man for taking it out of a women ,our seed is HOLY ,but our flesh is weak and controls most people ,when in truth we are too control it ,He also said it is better to put your seed in the belly of a harlot than on the ground ,you judge is it better to put those million or so babys on the ground or have the one above the rest that make it to be a child ?we are MORE than we appear,

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

wretched, miserable, poor, blind and naked
May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
BenjaminK said:
Tell me if I'm wrong, one cannot touch without having lustful and immoral mental images in the mind or the imagination. This, in itself is sin.
Ben
So, if my wife is out of town for a few days and I notice my eyes lingering a bit too long on images on tv or the net so I decide to touch while fantasizing about my wife, that's immoral? hmmm...what does that make the things we do when we're together? :eek:

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gary cook said:
yes their is in gen. GOD cursed a man for taking it out of a women ,our seed is HOLY ,but our flesh is weak and controls most people ,when in truth we are too control it ,He also said it is better to put your seed in the belly of a harlot than on the ground ,you judge is it better to put those million or so babys on the ground or have the one above the rest that make it to be a child ?we are MORE than we appear,
Onan got into trouble because he was supposed to be giving his late brother's wife offspring for his brother as was the custom. Instead, he just used her for sex and pulled out so that she wouldn't get pregnant. It had nothing to do with masturbation.

The part about putting your seed in the belly of a harlot is a just an urban legend. It's not in the Bible.

Upvote 0

Grace_Alone4gives

Apr 4, 2003
Odessa TX
✟1,245.00
Faith
Protestant
forgivensinner001 said:
So, if my wife is out of town for a few days and I notice my eyes lingering a bit too long on images on tv or the net so I decide to touch while fantasizing about my wife, that's immoral? hmmm...what does that make the things we do when we're together? :eek:
I have wondered about this myself - but my conclusion is - it is still immoral as you are using images of your wife - and not your wife. Could you do this and pray right afterwards for God to bless you marraige?

Note that I am not calling you a sinner - I understand this is a struggle - but it would not be a struggle for humankind to resist such temptations to please themselves, if it wasn't infact sinful. KWIM?

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
HopeTheyDance said:
I have wondered about this myself - but my conclusion is - it is still immoral as you are using images of your wife - and not your wife. Could you do this and pray right afterwards for God to bless you marraige?

Note that I am not calling you a sinner - I understand this is a struggle - but it would not be a struggle for humankind to resist such temptations to please themselves, if it wasn't infact sinful. KWIM?
It's not really a struggle with me, I was just using myself as an example to make a point. When things like that start bothering me, I'll pray about it and if that doesn't help, I'll go to rotten.com and look at some autopsy pics to get a better perspective on the ultimate nature of flesh. :sick:

Upvote 0

Song

May 12, 2004
New Jerusalem
✟152.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Ceph said:
In where did God forbid rape?
what kind of question is this?? are you trying to justify something??

lets see read the story about David’s daughter...

the bible doesn't come right out and say "thou shall not rape" but it does say though shall not steal, commit adultery....

if you rape someone you are taking something that does not belong to you. Plus society has told us this act is wrong... Jesus commanded his disciples to obey them that have rule over you (ie the law).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Miles Peterson

Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
✟205.00
Faith
Protestant
gary cook said:
GOD cursed a man in the bible for it ,and HE said it was better to put your seed in the belly of a whre than on the ground ,our seed is HOLY ,not a toy
Can you please cite the chapter & verse that says "it was better to put your seed in the belly of a whre"

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Song said:
what kind of question is this?? are you trying to justify something??

lets see read the story about David’s daughter...

the bible doesn't come right out and say "thou shall not rape" but it does say though shall not steal, commit adultery....

if you rape someone you are taking something that does not belong to you. Plus society has told us this act is wrong... Jesus commanded his disciples to obey them that have rule over you (ie the law).
What was the penalty for rape according to the Law?

Upvote 0

Dust and Ashes

May 4, 2004
Visit site
✟7,946.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
gary cook said:
GOD cursed a man in the bible for it ,and HE said it was better to put your seed in the belly of a whre than on the ground ,our seed is HOLY ,not a toy
This is it. It says nothing about masturbation and certainly nothing about putting your seed in the belly of a harlot.

Gen 38:8 And Judah said unto Onan, Go in unto thy brother's wife, and marry her, and raise up seed to thy brother.

Gen 38:9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to pass, when he went in unto his brother's wife, that he spilled it on the ground, lest that he should give seed to his brother.

Gen 38:10 And the thing which he did displeased the LORD: wherefore he slew him also.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Philo

Iconoclast
Mar 9, 2003
Visit site
✟559.00
Faith
Christian
I wonder if some of the posters in this thread realize that not everyone feels guilty when they touch. Because the way they talk, it seems like they believe that we all have a perpetual ruler-bearing nun sitting on our shoulder.

I feel guilty when I write with my left hand. Which, incidently, was long thought to be a sin on par with or exceeding masturbation in severity.

Oh Snap,

Philolander

Upvote 0

Rising_Suns

'Christ's desolate heart is in need of comfort'
Jul 14, 2002
Saint Louis, MO
✟24,335.00
Faith
Catholic
Philo said:
Freaking masturbation threads, seriously. They go on forever.
..and I do not understand why. It seems people will look for any excuse to give in to every whim of their sexual impulses. If there was a good indicator for the lack of discipline and order in one's life, it is being a slave to their very bodies; lack of will, lack of control, and further ignoring the fact their bodies are temples of the Holy Spirit.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.