Is Mary the "queen of heaven" mentioned in the Bible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
My question is... Is there any passage in the Bible where the title "queen of heaven" is used for Mary?

You can probably google it and get your answer. Why are you asking the question here? Do you have a specific passage in mind? Which Mary are you talking about? The Theotokos?

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

Presentist

Jul 14, 2011
✟514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Mary the mother of Jesus Christ, the Son of God, our Lord and Savoir? The Theotokos.

I am not asking who Mary is. My question is... Is there any passage in the Bible where the title "queen of heaven" is used for Mary (the mother of Jesus)?

If the anwer is No, please just say No. Otherwise provide which passage in the Bible applies the title "queen of heaven" to Mary.

Upvote 0

Sarcalogos Deus

Welch Ein Mensch!
Jan 1, 2010
Archdiocese of Oklahoma City
✟8,843.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I am not asking who Mary is. My question is... Is there any passage in the Bible where the title "queen of heaven" is used for Mary (the mother of Jesus)?

If the anwer is No, please just say No. Otherwise provide which passage in the Bible applies the title "queen of heaven" to Mary.

Me thinks this may be a set up.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just as there is no direct verse identifying the trinity, there is none about Mary, it was developed thru Tradition. Which centers around a verse in Revelations that our Early Church Fathers believed refers to Mary the mother of Jesus. Also known as the Mother of God.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married

You are asking who Mary is... you're asking if she is the Queen of heaven. In order to understand the titles and "names" used to describe Mary, I think it's important to first try to a high level view of the whole picture. The first thing to consider is that we talk about Mary because of her relationship to Jesus Christ. If she was not the mother of our Lord and King, then we probably wouldn't even be talking about her. Is Jesus Christ your Lord and King? Is Mary his Mother?

Reactions: MrPolo
Upvote 0

Presentist

Jul 14, 2011
✟514.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Kristos said:
You are asking who Mary is... you're asking if she is the Queen of heaven.

No I was not. I was asking... Is there any passage in the Bible where the title "queen of heaven" is used for Mary (the mother of Jesus)?

IndieVisible said:
Just as there is no direct verse identifying the trinity, there is none about Mary, it was developed thru Tradition. Which centers around a verse in Revelations that our Early Church Fathers believed refers to Mary the mother of Jesus. Also known as the Mother of God.

IndieVisible, thank you for answering the question.

Upvote 0

Kristos

Servant
Aug 30, 2006
Minnesota
✟37,552.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Since you evidently don't have a search function on your computer, I will do it for you:

The exact phrase "queen of heaven" is used 5 times in the RSV & NKJV - all are in the book of Jeremiah. None of them have been historically applied to the Theotokos.

That hardly qualifies as mariology. Maybe this thread should be moved to more suitable sub-forum.

Upvote 0

IndieVisible

Feb 11, 2009
✟793.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Since you evidently don't have a search function on your computer, I will do it for you:

The exact phrase "queen of heaven" is used 5 times in the RSV & NKJV - all are in the book of Jeremiah. None of them have been historically applied to the Theotokos.

That hardly qualifies as mariology. Maybe this thread should be moved to more suitable sub-forum.

Who do you suppose is the Queen of Heaven? Tradition from the start of our Early Church Fathers believed it is Mary the mother of Jesus, also known as the Mother of God. If not her, then who?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
T

Thekla

Who do you suppose is the Queen of Heaven? Tradition from the start of our Early Church Fathers believed it is Mary the mother of Jesus, also known as the Mother of God. If not her, then who?

I think the confusion is over the particular reference in Jeremiah, which is about a pagan goddess called (as an appellation ?) "queen of heaven".

The Christian use of "queen of heaven" is unlike this, as it is a reference to Christ as King, thus a standard identifier of Christ would be to acknowledge Mary as queen (as the queen was the mother, not the wife at that time).

Upvote 0

Lion King

Veni, vidi, vici
Mar 29, 2011
Heavenly Jerusalem- Mount Zion
✟10,388.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Is Mary the "queen of heaven" mentioned in the Bible?

The term "queen of heaven" is actually a title used to refer to a pagan goddess in the book of Jeremiah.

To be honest, I do not not understand why some christians wish to apply that pagan title to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ. God is the King of heaven and He has no queen....

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
The term "queen of heaven" is actually a title used to refer to a pagan goddess in the book of Jeremiah.

To be honest, I do not not understand why some christians wish to apply that pagan title to Mary the mother of Jesus Christ. God is the King of heaven and He has no queen....

did you know that the pagan god Ba'al was really more then one god?
many differant cities had differt gods who they called Ba'al
that is because the word Ba'al is a title, it means lord

but you still refer to God as Lord even though the word lord has been used by pagans
just as there is the true Lord and dead idols who bear the same name this is also true with Mary as Queen of Heaven
the pagans whoship false lords and have a false queen
Christians have a Jesus who is the King of Kings and Mary is the Mother of Jesus

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.