Is "Love Thy Neighbor" Even Possible?

Buggins

Apr 10, 2014
✟10,256.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Kimchi, this is how you love others in the words of Jesus Himself. Jesus gave examples and also revealed how He'll judge the the world when He returns. Below are examples of what Jesus meant by loving others. Just follow the things He said to do.

Matthew 25:31-46 New King James Version (NKJV)
31 “When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He will sit on the throne of His glory. 32 All the nations will be gathered before Him, and He will separate them one from another, as a shepherd divides his sheep from the goats. 33 And He will set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats on the left. 34 Then the King will say to those on His right hand, ‘Come, you blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35 for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; 36 I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’

37 “Then the righteous will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry and feed You, or thirsty and give You drink? 38 When did we see You a stranger and take You in, or naked and clothe You? 39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and come to You?’ 40 And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’

41 “Then He will also say to those on the left hand, ‘Depart from Me, you cursed, into the everlasting fire prepared for the devil and his angels: 42 for I was hungry and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty and you gave Me no drink; 43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in, naked and you did not clothe Me, sick and in prison and you did not visit Me.’

44 “Then they also will answer Him, saying, ‘Lord, when did we see You hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to You?’ 45 Then He will answer them, saying, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’ 46 And these will go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.”

Luke 10:25-37 New King James Version (NKJV)
25 And behold, a certain lawyer stood up and tested Him, saying, “Teacher, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?”
26 He said to him, “What is written in the law? What is your reading of it?
27 So he answered and said, “ ‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your strength, and with all your mind,’ and ‘your neighbor as yourself.’”
28 And He said to him, “You have answered rightly; do this and you will live.”
29 But he, wanting to justify himself, said to Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?”
30 Then Jesus answered and said: “A certain man went down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and fell among thieves, who stripped him of his clothing, wounded him, and departed, leaving him half dead. 31 Now by chance a certain priest came down that road. And when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. 32 Likewise a Levite, when he arrived at the place, came and looked, and passed by on the other side. 33 But a certain Samaritan, as he journeyed, came where he was. And when he saw him, he had compassion. 34 So he went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine; and he set him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. 35 On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, gave them to the innkeeper, and said to him, ‘Take care of him; and whatever more you spend, when I come again, I will repay you.’ 36 So which of these three do you think was neighbor to him who fell among the thieves?”

37 And he said, “He who showed mercy on him.”

Then Jesus said to him, “Go and do likewise.”

So, the people you as an individual come across in your daily life. What about at a national level?
Did Jesus say that we should yield up the land we live on to people who in no way share our values?
How would that have worked out in ww2?

Upvote 0

Buggins

Apr 10, 2014
✟10,256.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Dear bettercallPaul. God gave us the Commandment: Love thy neighbour as thyself. That is straight forward and easy understood. Jesus told us: The first Commandment is: Love God with all thy heart, with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. The second is like it: Love thy neighbour as thyself. Easily understood, and straightforward to follow.
Who is our neighbour? all we know and all we meet, friend and not friend. Treat all as we would love to be treated, with friendly words and kind deeds. Love is very catching, and God is LOVE, we will soon change into to men and women which God wants us to be. Let us therefore change this imperfect world into a world, where Jesus will lead us the right way, and we are always as God wants us to be.
The Bible tells us: " Give up our selfish wishes and wants, and start be as Jesus shows us to be, then follow Jesus back to God, our Heavenly Father. Let us strive to be
Christians, and start to love and be helpful, and always friendly to each other.
I say this with love, bettercallPaul. Greetings from Emmy, your sister in Christ.

Thank you Emmy and may our Lord Jesus bless you. But I assume you are a citizen of a country. May be a democratic secular State? Have you the right to yield your country to anyone who asks you, or should you consider the people in your country who respect your faith but don't share it?
Can it be right to campaign for people who have a hidden agenda or a religion antithetical to yours to have free access to your country?
Is that what Christians living in Iraq or Syria under ISIS should accept?

Upvote 0

Buggins

Apr 10, 2014
✟10,256.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Yes, born again! And that is a supernatural work of God. Hey, I never asked to be born. I was passive. And actually, the spiritual rebirth is likewise passive on our behalf... after all, we were dead. Once you get your head around the new birth preceding repentance and faith in Christ, well, it is VERY liberating. I love Him because He first loved me. Yes, and the new nature means that what will dominate my thinking and actions will be a desire to follow Christ, not perfectly though perfectly is the standard to go for, see 1 Peter 1: be holy as I am holy. However this is NOT to try to obtain favour but because of my union with God.
"Hey, I never asked to be born."
You know as a very unhappy kid in a very unhappy dysfunctional family I used to say that every time there was a family crisis, fisticuffs or rejection...
But when God graciously answered the prayers and witness of the Saints over the years, I had to admit that I was responsible for all the bad things and bad choices I had made in my life.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Jan001

Striving to win the prize...
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2013
Midwest
✟136,028.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
you are foolish. It is not hard. True rightouesness comes by faith, not by giving up all i have and so forth. If its hard then jsut the best can do it, but its the SAME for all, and even children and totally unlearned ppl can walk the path of faith.
If you udnerstand faith and repentance you would know that jesus never told everyone to give up all their belingins or their wealth. That would not make sens as all the ppl god blessed became rich, and jesus even said they would gain houses, cattle, friends etc multiplied "in this life". Would God bless his chidlren with all these good gifts only so that they should "give them up"? what is wrong with you christians? dont you read your own bible? Abraham was the richest man on the planet in his times, and he was very powerful defeated one time 5 kings at the same time. The bible says he was rich and powerful because of the blessing of abraham. well guess what, galataisn 3 says we are supposed to haev and walk in the belssing of abraham.
The rich young ruler was selfrightous and trusted in money, and jesus used the law of moses to reveal his heart to him. Thats why he walksed abay with sorrow, because its called repentance and the law is given to the selfrigtoues "to show everyone guilty before god" as paul says in romans 3 so taht they can repent and come to faith. I feel not only sorry for anyone who adds religious deeds to the gospel, but it makes me literally angry because you say you have the key to heaven but dont use it and by this false teaching refuse others to use it.

Galatians 3 simply shows us that the works of the Law of Moses in the Old Covenant do not save anyone in Jesus' New Covenant. Abraham's wealth is irrelevant and nothing about his wealth applies to us at all.

What maintains our salvation under the New Covenant after we are saved by grace through faith is our doing of the righteous works that the Father has prepared for us to do until we die.

Ephesians 2:8-10
For by grace you have been saved through faith; and this is not your own doing, it is the gift of God— 9 not because of works, lest any man should boast. 10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. rsv​

The gospel teaches Christians (Christ-followers) the following:

John 13:34
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. rsv

John 15:13
Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. rsv

Matthew 25:31-46
“When the Son of man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on his glorious throne. 32 Before him will be gathered all the nations, and he will separate them one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, 33 and he will place the sheep at his right hand, but the goats at the left. 34 Then the King will say to those at his right hand, ‘Come, O blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; 35 for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, 36 I was naked and you clothed me, I was sick and you visited me, I was in prison and you came to me.’ 37 Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry and feed thee, or thirsty and give thee drink? 38 And when did we see thee a stranger and welcome thee, or naked and clothe thee? 39 And when did we see thee sick or in prison and visit thee?’ 40 And the King will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me.’ 41 Then he will say to those at his left hand, ‘Depart from me, you cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels; 42 for I was hungry and you gave me no food, I was thirsty and you gave me no drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not welcome me, naked and you did not clothe me, sick and in prison and you did not visit me.’ 44 Then they also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see thee hungry or thirsty or a stranger or naked or sick or in prison, and did not minister to thee?’ 45 Then he will answer them, ‘Truly, I say to you, as you did it not to one of the least of these, you did it not to me.’ 46 And they will go away into eternal punishment, but the righteous into eternal life.” rsv

Matthew 19:23
And Jesus said to his disciples, “Truly, I say to you, it will be hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. rsv
It is hard for a rich man to enter into heaven because God gave him his riches to that he will help those people who need His help. Most rich people use their riches for their own selfish desires and that is why many of them will not enter into heaven after they die. These rich people did not do the good deeds that the Father had prepared beforehand for them to do.

Ephesians 2:10
For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand, that we should walk in them. rsv

Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 On that day many will say to me, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and cast out demons in your name, and do many mighty works in your name?’ 23 And then will I declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you evildoers.’ rsv

These rich people did not love their neighbors as themselves! They did not do the will of the Father who is in heaven. These rich people loved themselves excessively and indulgently instead of helping their poor neighbors to obtain basic sustenance.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Another poster a few pages ago put it best in saying that this very issue shows the futility of earning one's way to salvation. This is an impossible command to keep. The answers to this question have ranged from draining one's bank account, closet and pantry to simply wishing good cheer to one's neighbor. They both can't be right. Help the homeless but don't enable them to not work. Give to the poor, but save for retirement. Where's the cutoff?

Not my quote, but "If you don't need help, why do you need the helper?"

This is the absolute best reason why our salvation comes via grace. What can make me good enough?

Today I spent the first 30 minutes in devotion and prayer. (Sounds good, right?) An hour taking my elderly mom grocery shopping. (What a nice son!) 4 hours working on my house. 90 minute nap. And the rest of the time doing whatever. I talked to two of my neighbors. I didn't ask either one if they needed any money, food, clothes, or prayer.

So the total so far today is:

God: 20 minutes
Mom: 60 minutes
Me: 11 hours
Everyone else: Zero (wife and kids out of town)

If that's my balance sheet to get into heaven, clearly it's not good enough. That's why Jesus's blood makes my futile attempt at proving my merit useless. It is useless. Only HE makes me worthy.
Amen brother! You preach!

• Friendly
Reactions: ColoRaydo
Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
"Hey, I never asked to be born."
You know as a very unhappy kid in a very unhappy dysfunctional family I used to say that every time there was a family crisis, fisticuffs or rejection...
But when God graciously answered the prayers and witness of the Saints over the years, I had to admit that I was responsible for all the bad things and bad choices I had made in my life.
So your saying that as a kid you were respoinsible for all the bad things in your life?

Wow.

Upvote 0

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,797.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Its not about what you can give. This is nice and a blessing but.. this love is.. can be when they are so evil to you.. and all you do is love them back.. help them when they hate you. When they take something you inturn look at them and say.. what else do you need?

God will let you know what to give and to who. Pray.. ask to see people through HIS eyes. Remember we never or at least I do.. we dont give to get. God ALWAYS GIVES! The WORLD knows we TAKE to get :)

Upvote 0

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Thank you Emmy and may our Lord Jesus bless you. But I assume you are a citizen of a country. May be a democratic secular State? Have you the right to yield your country to anyone who asks you, or should you consider the people in your country who respect your faith but don't share it?
Can it be right to campaign for people who have a hidden agenda or a religion antithetical to yours to have free access to your country?
Is that what Christians living in Iraq or Syria under ISIS should accept?
Love can be forgiving someone when they do you so wrong and you don't want to, but do it out of obedience. It is about sacrificing what you may have for someone else who needs it more. It is about loving someone when they are a jerk and don't deserve it by the worlds standards. It is about sacrificing self and ego to be like Christ who served mankind through His entire life, although He is God.

God serving mankind. Us as servants of Christ serve mankind as Jesus did. We know our master and we are His servants.

It is giving to others something of spiritual value, not really physically valuable.

Upvote 0

Ajushi

Jan 1, 2010
✟20,758.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
It is a nightmare to be a loving person who cares about human suffering amongst the saints in an atmosphere where almost everyone else doesn't.

If any Christian wants to start loving God, instead of blaspheming Him by withholding love, comfort, and compassion from the love-starved Christians and seekers and from the poor Christians, then my first advice is to read 2corinthians chapter 6 and ask God for wisdom on that doctrine. Correlating versus can be found in 2John 10 and Matthew 7:6 and elsewhere. Then from there we love one another, and from there we minister outwardly.

The majority of born agains in America have not come out and become separate and aren't loving one another at all, and also very few of them are testing the spirits, and upholding and approving sound doctrine in the midst of this disturbing atmosphere of false teachings, false doctrines, and false prophets, and highly corrupted versions of the Bible. Also extremely few Christians are being evangelistic.

Saints, the Word says that God wants us all to be upholding sound doctrine, testing the spirits, the brethren are to be loving one another fervently, we should doing towards the love starved Christians like it says in james 1:27 and Matthew 25, 1John 3:17, etc, and all who struggle with being single are instructed to marry to prevent collapsing into sin. That means there should be a very encouraging marriage-positive atmosphere where compassion is shown to single people, and we help and encourage eachother to find marriage partners, except for that very small minority who don't have the desire or need and who find it natural for them to have no human intimacy or sexuality.

The dynamics of intimacy and roles in marriage should be as described in the Word.

We should also all come out and be separate having no fellowship whatsoever with unbelievers, and we should all be evangelistic to varying extents in our interactions with unbelievers out in the world, the workplace, etc. We should all aspire to grow in regeneration, overcoming sin and the devil, and help and comfort and abide with eachother in that process (that is, a Grace dynamic, no legalistic abuse).

Also, Deliverence ministry grounded in sound doctrine, Holiness, and serious fasting and prayer, should be standard in every single church in the world. That ministry should be on lockdown, not allowing infiltration by false believers or by Christians struggling in sin.

Since none of that seems to be happening in America, and probably not much in a number of other western countries, it seems to me we need to stake our claim in some close fellowship connections somewhere and just do the best we can.

I was at this nearly a decade before anyone offered a single word of consolation or encouragement about my relational needs. These are dire times of unloving and disconnected, isolated, struggling people in brutally individualistic western societies. Along the way, I've been trying to figure out what is amiss.

Christians who have a house, extra money, extra clothes and a aren't doing anything for anyone other than their own, and especially aren't comforting and encouraging the love-starved saints, or are wasting time and kingdom resources by continuing close friendships with unbelievers, or are giving help and love to the wrong people because they aren't using discernment and testing the spirits, these are the problem.

Christians of all walks of life are struggling with the the shockingly extreme isolation and disconnectedness of modern western culture. Many of them are doing the best they can. The framework I described above is obviously not happening at American churches, where people show up Sunday and chat with someone for 10 minutes, and maybe get to another couple of meetings during the week where
they are fortunate if they get another 15 minutes of human interaction with Christians.
It seems to be about finding one's marriage partner and a few trusted fellowships, and operating evangelistically from there.

="Kimchi Expert, post: 71157873, member: 397318"]I'm still baffled about this one Commandment asking that we love our neighbor as our self, which is something we absolutely cannot do. We will always fall short of this instruction.

I have money in my bank account that I don't actually need, that could do a lot for others. I have clothes hanging in my closet that I'm not currently wearing that could go to others. I have spare rooms in my house that nobody sleeps in, that I could give to a homeless person. I've thrown food away that could have fed others.

I love myself very much. I take good care of myself. I am simply not willing to do as much for others as I am for myself. And as much as nobody likes to say it, I think the way I live my life is fairly common.

So how do we then justify this Commandment that seeks to create equality among Man?[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Unless a person has the fullness of Christ in them, no! It is not very possible to love your Father in heaven, nor even Jesus your Lord. You might think you can love a person as you love yourself, but you really don't know how to love yourself.
Look at Solomon. He had all you said you have, but missed God's plumb line completely! How about Peter's love for Jesus? Remember when Jesus questioned Peter at that private fish-fry by the sea? Jesus asked the man if he loved Him? Twice Peter answered. The second answer Peter gave was that he really liked Jesus a lot. (Most translations do the readers a huge injustice by not telling the real truth here. It would be better to listen to Joseph Prince explain this. He gives literal translations to the word 'love'). Peter probably wanted to say he loved Jesus, but you cannot look Truth in the face and tell a lie.
We have only one example to follow as 'born from above' believers. Jesus is that example!
Jesus told us (in 3 steps, if you will) how to follow Him. 1/ Deny yourself. 2/ Pick up your cross. 3/ Follow Him.
Christianity is a religion and Jesus never preached that anyone should be a Christian. (Yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow, but true)
God referred to Jesus as His Son. And He gave His Son to have a mutiplied number of Sons' of God. (Apostle Paul mentioned the word "Christian" only twice. Paul was speaking to gentile people that tagged Believers with the name. They had to call them something!)
To do both of the commandments that Jesus gave us (NT), you must become like Jesus.
Seek the face of God; then do those 3 things that Jesus gave us to do: 1/Deny yourself (love not your own life to death). 2/Pick up your cross (you must destroy all the traits of ungodlyness from your character; see Galations and Corinthians for written examples. Also see God's instructions to Joshua; take His Word and eat it. Never let it depart from his mouth, etc.) (If you seek Him, Holy Spirit will certainly teach you. You don't need any man to teach you of God!) 3/Follow Him (Again, if you seek Him, you will become just like Him. Even greater in acts than Him. Jesus said this!)
The spirit which lives in your belly has a preset destiny to become a Son of the Living God! And you (that man of flesh) stands in the way.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I'm still baffled about this one Commandment asking that we love our neighbor as our self, which is something we absolutely cannot do. We will always fall short of this instruction.

I have money in my bank account that I don't actually need, that could do a lot for others. I have clothes hanging in my closet that I'm not currently wearing that could go to others. I have spare rooms in my house that nobody sleeps in, that I could give to a homeless person. I've thrown food away that could have fed others.

I love myself very much. I take good care of myself. I am simply not willing to do as much for others as I am for myself. And as much as nobody likes to say it, I think the way I live my life is fairly common.

So how do we then justify this Commandment that seeks to create equality among Man?
In the early congregations, there were no personal possessions because everyone understood that everything in life was from the Almighty and we are to trust in Him alone, not in mankind, our possessions, our monies, etc. Those righteous men and women who were wealthy were allowed to be so by the Almighty, and, as the book of Job shows, he can remove it at any time. Agape love is also different than the love you would feel for say a family member or close relative or friend. Agape love is simply putting someone before you or doing without to help somebody besides yourself. It is part of the core teachings of Christ and most of us are like you, when we have plenty we don't always follow His commands on what to do with our plenty. I give and always try to help when I have time, but I could do more and always pray for opportunities and faith to do so.

Upvote 0

Shea Rodriguez

Oct 30, 2016
Oregon
✟17,584.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Unless a person has the fullness of Christ in them, no! It is not very possible to love your Father in heaven, nor even Jesus your Lord. You might think you can love a person as you love yourself, but you really don't know how to love yourself.
Look at Solomon. He had all you said you have, but missed God's plumb line completely! How about Peter's love for Jesus? Remember when Jesus questioned Peter at that private fish-fry by the sea? Jesus asked the man if he loved Him? Twice Peter answered. The second answer Peter gave was that he really liked Jesus a lot. (Most translations do the readers a huge injustice by not telling the real truth here. It would be better to listen to Joseph Prince explain this. He gives literal translations to the word 'love'). Peter probably wanted to say he loved Jesus, but you cannot look Truth in the face and tell a lie.
We have only one example to follow as 'born from above' believers. Jesus is that example!
Jesus told us (in 3 steps, if you will) how to follow Him. 1/ Deny yourself. 2/ Pick up your cross. 3/ Follow Him.
Christianity is a religion and Jesus never preached that anyone should be a Christian. (Yeah, that's a hard pill to swallow, but true)
God referred to Jesus as His Son. And He gave His Son to have a mutiplied number of Sons' of God. (Apostle Paul mentioned the word "Christian" only twice. Paul was speaking to gentile people that tagged Believers with the name. They had to call them something!)
To do both of the commandments that Jesus gave us (NT), you must become like Jesus.
Seek the face of God; then do those 3 things that Jesus gave us to do: 1/Deny yourself (love not your own life to death). 2/Pick up your cross (you must destroy all the traits of ungodlyness from your character; see Galations and Corinthians for written examples. Also see God's instructions to Joshua; take His Word and eat it. Never let it depart from his mouth, etc.) (If you seek Him, Holy Spirit will certainly teach you. You don't need any man to teach you of God!) 3/Follow Him (Again, if you seek Him, you will become just like Him. Even greater in acts than Him. Jesus said this!)
The spirit which lives in your belly has a preset destiny to become a Son of the Living God! And you (that man of flesh) stands in the way.
Very well written, Cantool, and my thoughts exactly, all of them.

Reactions: cantool
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How I see loving your neighbor is
1. Respecting their space, property, mannerisms, beliefs & practices.
2. Always responding with kindness and charity.
3. Focusing on their good aspects while not pointing out their bad ones.

I'm not sure if it goes much farther.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ToBeLoved

Site Supporter
Jan 3, 2014
✟345,735.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Unless a person has the fullness of Christ in them, no! It is not very possible to love your Father in heaven, nor even Jesus your Lord.
Can you please clarify what the 'fullness of Christ is'?

If it is the Holy Spirit per Romans 4, 5 and 6 then EVERY born again believer has the capability.

Just most do not choose to deny self enough to ever get to that point out of their choice, but God and the Holy Spirit is in all of us. God still let's us choose how much we will let Him in.

Upvote 0

cantool

Mar 20, 2011
North Carolina, USA
✟19,550.00
Country
United States
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Becoming born again is Father making your inner man alive. You were once dead in sin, now alive in Christ. You begin this new Iife by drinking the 'milk' of His Word, then on to the 'meat'. There is progression!
God made it simple for us all to understand His ways, i.e. nature itself is the teacher for those who have no access to either the spoken Word, nor to the letter. No excuses! Apostle Paul spoke of this as the 'simplicity in Christ'!
Consider the term of "Born Again" as to having His Water poured on your body. But being filled with His fullness comes from time served. A daily progress! Remember the tour that the Craftsman gave Ezekiel, into the river of life? Step by step. Or as Isaiah put it; "Line upon line, precept upon precept. A little here, a little there."
Growing in His fullness can only happen if the vessel has been emptied out first!
Sure, newborns of God have all the ability of full grown sons. (See Galations 3) Again, i.e. casting out devil's, laying hands...the sick shall recover, raising the dead to life, etc. All Believers should easily be walking on the proverbial water, but they see their circumstances and fail at simple trials of their faith. Never be presumptuous to think you have learned so much through the mouths and lives of pastors and others in leadership roles. The Father said you have no need that ANY man should teach you. He will open the Scriptures for you where you will eat of the honey of His Word!
The Lord did indeed make a Covenant with Abraham and his descendants. But Father Abraham had his part to do. He had to cut things of flesh asunder. Crucify your flesh, and follow on to KNOW the Lord, and you shall live!
Hope this clarifies Brother

Upvote 0

Gluttonous Winebibber

May 7, 2017
Sterling Heights
✟22,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm still baffled about this one Commandment asking that we love our neighbor as our self, which is something we absolutely cannot do. We will always fall short of this instruction.

So how do we then justify this Commandment that seeks to create equality among Man?

I think not of it as equality, but as those who be able, doing what they can, for their own honor and Gods. The strong should shoulder the burdens of the weak (1 John 2:14). The weak should bring encouragement to those who have none (as the Saints Ephesians 6:18). Everyone that believes on Jesus will have life (John 3:36) which means that we do not have to be perfect by any means, only asking for forgiveness. If we cannot think of a way to help our neighbors, then God will forgive us.

Part II: Those seeking to enter the kingdom of god must be born of spirit (John 3:5), but a person born of spirit cannot sin (1 John 3:9). How can a person possibility not sin? I have always read this last part as aiming to align my thinking towards Gods in every aspect (Philippians 3:14), because if we do that, we will ultimately plan, build, and execute Gods will in all facets, as if we were building something for ourselves (Luke 14:28). What is Gods will? Jesus set the example, that he only ever did and spoke what God told him to do (John 12:49), and through God, Jesus told us to spread the word. And if we are only acting on Gods will, then we cannot sin. What does this mean for those who consider what, and how to treat their neighbors? Mark 12:31. If we do not uphold the second of the greatest commandments, then how can we be acting on Gods will?

Upvote 0