Is jesus waiting for year 6000 to come back?

JacksBratt

Searching for Truth
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Jesus said he would return as a thief in the night. Anyone attempting to put a date or a year on Christ's return is selling snakeoil.
I wouldn't add the "or a year" to that.

He did say that nobody knows the day or the hour.. But those that are in the scripture and watch the world news... will be among those who will "know the season"... That's narrowing it down to 1/4 of a year.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is the *Son* of God/man, but equally God in the flesh. God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit. Three all God in one substance, but seperate beings.

John says, "Word was God... And the word became flesh and dwelt among us".

Peter says, "our God and Saviour Jesus Christ. As does Judah I think.

Thomas says to Jesus "my Lord and my God"

Jesus says, "I and the Father are one" and "all authority has been given to me by the Father"

Isaiah predicts the virgin will give birth to a child named Immanuel which means "God with us". Further in that book, Isaiah goes as far as saying his name shall be "Mighty God, or Everlasting Father"

Paul says, "He (Jesus) is the firstborn of all creation" and "he is the exact reflection of the Father"

Jesus claims to be the great I AM, the first and the last. This is a very common theme throughout the bible, and is reinforced by Yeshua God in the NT. For example, "before Abraham was I am" or "I am the Alpha and the Omega" or at the scene were the soldiers asked for Jesus of Nazareth, and he stated "I am [he]" and one of them fell back on the floor.

Jesus is completely God, and completely the Son of God. The Messiah, Jehovah, Saviour, the Almighty.

He's either a lunatic, a liar, or he is really claiming to be God in the flesh...

And I say, well, what I already said. :)

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is the *Son* of God/man, but equally God in the flesh. God the Father, God the Son, God the Spirit. Three all God in one substance, but seperate beings.

John says, "Word was God... And the word became flesh and dwelt among us".

Peter says, "our God and Saviour Jesus Christ. As does Judah I think.

Thomas says to Jesus "my Lord and my God"

Jesus says, "I and the Father are one" and "all authority has been given to me by the Father"

Isaiah predicts the virgin will give birth to a child named Immanuel which means "God with us". Further in that book, Isaiah goes as far as saying his name shall be "Mighty God, or Everlasting Father"

Paul says, "He (Jesus) is the firstborn of all creation" and "he is the exact reflection of the Father"

Jesus claims to be the great I AM, the first and the last. This is a very common theme throughout the bible, and is reinforced by Yeshua God in the NT. For example, "before Abraham was I am" or "I am the Alpha and the Omega" or at the scene were the soldiers asked for Jesus of Nazareth, and he stated "I am [he]" and one of them fell back on the floor.

Jesus is completely God, and completely the Son of God. The Messiah, Jehovah, Saviour, the Almighty.

He's either a lunatic, a liar, or he is really claiming to be God in the flesh...

My new favorite verse for this:

1 Timothy 2:5
For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus,

Now answer me this, you even have a
cheat sheet of which I just posted.

Is Jesus God or is there only one God, and Jesus is the mediator between God and man?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Not necessarily locked into a calendar.
Rather, It absolutely is "Locked" into the calendar.

Acts 17:31
because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

That day was Fixed into the calendar since before the foundation of the world. It cannot be changed or moved by anyone, not even God.

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
On the current Jewish calendar its year 5780. It kind of makes sense if jesus comes back on the year 6000 for his 1000 year reign completing everything at year 7000. Once I figured this out I became pretty convinced jesus won't come back in my lifetime.

Well given that is a supposition that has become popular- I understand why you believe it.

It is not biblical, but always interesting. We will definitely know if we die and He hasn't returned.

But we can know for sure that we are living in what the bible calls the last days (not just the last era), Because God declared He would return Israel to their land in the latter days! That happened in May of 1948.

Upvote 0

nolidad

Site Supporter
Jan 2, 2006
onj this planet
✟221,310.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Because Jews are relevant and so is Jewish history. If their calendar has recorded 5780 years then its worthy of consideration .

And the Jewish calendar is based on some unknown assumptions from teh era of Adam.

We do not know how long Adam lived before He fell. The Bible in its quick Narrative of Genesis 2-3 makes it appear like it was quick, but it could also be centuries! The accuracy can only be resolved from the time of the birth of Cain and Abel, for we have the time frames from that point on!

Upvote 0

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate

because he has fixed a day on which he will judge the world in righteousness by a man whom he has appointed; and of this he has given assurance to all by raising him from the dead.”

That day was Fixed into the calendar since before the foundation of the world. It cannot be changed or moved by anyone, not even God.
Are you responding to the OP? The year 6000 is judgment day?
The fact that there will be a day when all will be judged is a certainty.
What calendar is it locked into?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
"So then the time times & half a time are 42 months or 1260 days or three years & an half, reckoning twelve months to a year & 30 days to a month as was done in the Calendar of the primitive year. And the days of short lived Beasts being put for the years of lived kingdoms, the period of 1260 days, if dated from the complete conquest of the three kings A.C. 800, will end A.C. 2060." - Isaac Newton
Times, time and a half is also 3500 years.
Times equals 2000 years since the Cross in 30AD. Time is the Millennium. The half of time is the rise of Greece in 500 BC.

The return 2030 years after the Cross does not make sense. I mean there is no need to wait 30 years for Jesus Christ to grow up. The current Calendar alleged to be from His birth, but has an error margin of 4 years. So the 3.5 years of the 33.5 year first advent lands prior to 0. The return has to do with God and His time on earth, not humans who follow Satan or under his influence to stir up trouble. What does adding 800 years to 1260 days to get 2060 years do with even decent math? That is a wallop of an equation.

Christ on the Cross was roughly 4000 years to the day Adam disobeyed God no matter how close you get Genesis math and the time of 1400 years from Jericho and entering the Promised land to the Cross. From when Abram had his name changed to Abraham was about 2000 years since the fall and 600 years to Jericho. Jericho was the "fall of the Nations". The triumphant week of the Trumpets and marches around Jericho, places The Hebrews as having Trumpets as a rally cry against the Nations. The Nations represented by the Thunders were only to have 2000 years. This was cut in half by a global flood, thunderings and a deluge because of wickedness. Abraham's disobedience with Hagar, gave Ishmael and the Nations an additional 600 years, leaving the Hebrews with only 1400. The church has had the last 1990 years since the Cross. Now some extend that to Pentecost, a mid trib rapture? If the calendar goes to even 2030 that will be exactly 2000, since Jesus declared, "It is finished". The end of the Law, the start of Grace. The end of death for all in Christ. Will these days be shortened in Matthew 25? To loose even 3.5 years, or even 7 for that matter, we are closer still. Can God take away Satan’s 42 months? Can these days be shortened?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Are you responding to the OP?
No, responding to you.
The year 6000 is judgment day?
No. I disagree with that, but thats not what I posted about... I posted in response to your assertion that the day ins not Cemented into the calendar. It most certainly was.
The fact that there will be a day when all will be judged is a certainty.
The timing of that day is Likewise certain.

What calendar is it locked into?
The Human one.
The day is FIXED in time... not merely the FACT of the day, but the TIMING of the day is FIXED, unmovable.
That's what Acts 17:31 is testifying.

It's not merely a day that God is waiting to drop into the calendar anywhere based on His whims or the actions of men. It was fixed to take place on ONE certain day in Human History... It is immovable.

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
With the way things are starting to go I think He'll return soon. I just played a little game with myself and had a go at trying to imagine the year 2100 (and ME being 110 years old).

Everything just looked so simplistic and easy; and things were corporate, streamlined and INSTANT, so no one REALLY wanted for anything. There was no intriguing art, no expression, no personality. Nothing, bar a cruisy existence.

No necessity = no motivation. And I've already seen church numbers drop in my seven short years of faith. SO, I think if He's going to come back, He'll return before society freezes over into a corporate institution. (There are no opinions or free speech in 2100 - so don't go getting salty.)

My grandparents generation lived and died for their faith, while my parents generation think it's all a joke. So if there isn't some sort of a 'Christian renaissance' then in a couple of a hundred years from now it'll be more than less whittled out of society. Churches will just be monuments of a time that once was.

Remember, I'm being incredibly fantasifull here. But I do feel there is something to my last point. I'm simply applying the same train of thought to the next 100 years moving forward.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Mr. M

Mar 9, 2020
Prescott, Az
✟39,958.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
No, responding to you.

No. I disagree with that, but thats not what I posted about... I posted in response to your assertion that the day ins not Cemented into the calendar. It most certainly was.

The timing of that day is Likewise certain.

The Human one.
The day is FIXED in time... not merely the FACT of the day, but the TIMING of the day is FIXED, unmovable.
That's what Acts 17:31 is testifying.

It's not merely a day that God is waiting to drop into the calendar anywhere based on His whims or the actions of men. It was fixed to take place on ONE certain day in Human History... It is immovable.
The OP mentioned the Jewish Biblical calendar as the basis for the question. Acts 17:31 may testify to
God having fixed a day, but says nothing of a calendar. Is God fixed in time? Is God "locked in" to a human calendar.
You know this verse, but I will post it anyway to ask a question.
Acts 1:7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father
has put in his own power.
So even if there is a "fixed day", it is not for us to know.
So you are speaking with certainty about a human uncertainty.
Acts 17:31 most certainly does not say this, that is your interpretation.
I find it very unconvincing, but it is an opinion your are entitled to, allowing for the uncertainty....
Let every matter by established upon 2 or 3 witnesses. Any other support for your assertion?

Upvote 0

Timtofly

Jun 29, 2020
Mount Morris
✟125,459.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
And the Jewish calendar is based on some unknown assumptions from teh era of Adam.

We do not know how long Adam lived before He fell. The Bible in its quick Narrative of Genesis 2-3 makes it appear like it was quick, but it could also be centuries! The accuracy can only be resolved from the time of the birth of Cain and Abel, for we have the time frames from that point on!
We do not know when Cain and Abel were born. If you apply the curse of 100 years from Isaiah 65, which is the reality of life with death and decay limited, you get the Math.

Adam was 30 years in the Garden of Eden. God gave him Seth after waiting the 100 years mentioned as being cursed in Isaiah 65. Jesus was also 30 years old when He was baptised. The common sense approach is that Adam was created with an age of 30.

The Catholics came up with them being children and innocent, following the pagan lead of Satan's fable of PANdora's box. Pan is Satan. The Pied Piper, Peter Pan and the children taken to never land. All this deception of loosing children to adulthood, or the attempt to save them by philosophical means. Sell your soul to the devil and loose your children in the process.

We do know from Genesis 2 that the 7th day was a Lord's Day. Peter says do not be ignorant about a Lord's Day. It is 1000 years. God rested from a perfect creation without death, and let it multiply for 1000 years. Adam did not age during that time. Then God created the Garden on the "8th" day. It was 1000 years later for the sons of God plural. Adam was one of many created in God's image both male and female on the 6th day. Adam was not even named until after Adam named the animals. When God placed Adam in Paradise, He gave him a name and Adam was the spiritual leader preventing sin from entering creation. That lasted 30 years. Cain and Abel were born in the Garden before sin during those 30 years. Adam had to wait 100 years after being banned, before God sent Seth. Seth had to wait 105 years. The time span went down until Methuselah. Then it seems that Methuselah had daughters first, before any sons. The daughters the sons of God decided to marry, thus starting the corruption of the sons of God.

The millennial 1000 years will be similiar and after 500 years and dozens of generations, the nations of the millennium will start getting restless and 400 years later will be ripe for Satan to once again deceive humans even under the leadership of Christ. The Flood destroyed the earth the first time. At the GWT, fire will destroy the earth.

Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

But that contradicts the following if true.

Genesis 5:3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, after his image; and called his name Seth:

This was after the fall. And when he begat Seth he did not already live for centuries, he only lived for 130 years at this point.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DavidPT

Sep 26, 2016
Texas
✟196,523.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

While I do agree with you, the other passage(Matthew 24:36) alone already undeniably proves this.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This verse indicates of this day and hour, that the Father alone knows when it is. It would be silly to think the Father hasn't even made up His mind yet, and that that day and hour is subject to change.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jonathan Walkerin

Feb 12, 2019
Stockholm
✟72,396.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just played a little game with myself and had a go at trying to imagine the year 2100 (and ME being 110 years old).

Everything just looked so simplistic and easy; and things were corporate, streamlined and INSTANT, so no one REALLY wanted for anything. There was no intriguing art, no expression, no personality. Nothing, bar a cruisy existence.

That probably says more about you than 22nd century.

Even looking forward 80 years it is simply impossible to get even moderately accurate picture where we will be considering the rate our technology is progressing.

Just for kicks where do you think we will be at colonizing our solar system ?

Upvote 0

ReesePiece23

The Peanut Buttery Member.
Sep 17, 2013
✟288,677.00
Faith
Christian
That probably says more about you than 22nd century.

Couldn't help yourself could you?

*Wry smile*

Anyway...

As for the colonisation topic, I'm optimistic. I'm not a fan of this idea of creating sky cities in the clouds of Venus but I DO think some of these moons are worth a look. If we can continue to improve our spacecraft then planets like Teegarden (although it's OPTIMISTIC) could enter the discussion.

If you have a spare twenty minutes, this video IS worth a watch:

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While I do agree with you, the other passage(Matthew 24:36) alone already undeniably proves this.

Matthew 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.

This verse indicates of this day and hour, that the Father alone knows when it is. It would be silly to think the Father hasn't even made up His mind yet, and that that day and hour is subject to change.

Excellent Point. So, from your perspective, what do you think about whether or not the Son now Knows?

He certainly didn't know while He was incarnate on earth, but is there any scriptural indication the Father is still keeping Him in the dark about it now?

Upvote 0

parousia70

Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟799,454.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Acts 17:31 most certainly does not say this, that is your interpretation.
Please then provide your alternate interpretation to "He has Fixed a Day...."
I find it very unconvincing, but it is an opinion your are entitled to, allowing for the uncertainty....
Let every matter by established upon 2 or 3 witnesses. Any other support for your assertion?
Well, as DavidPT pointed out, Matthew 24:36 supports it fully.

Do you think the day is movable (instead of fixed) based on the Whim of God or the Actions of Men?

What support would you offer for either of those assertions?

Is there a 3rd option?

Upvote 0