Is Jesus incapable of defining his will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is it all Pauls fault, that the Pope, Luther, Calvin, and other such men, are so confused and cannot agree? I read Paul and see liberty. That liberty allows one to transcend division created by tradition of men.
Try reading and obeying the teachings of Christ and you will truly know liberty from sin, as you will forsake hatred to embrace love, and become Christ incarnate in this world.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Try reading and obeying the teachings of Christ and you will truly know liberty from sin, as you will forsake hatred to embrace love, and become Christ incarnate in this world.
How do you know i dont read and obey Christ? Aren't you assuming too much? I already know the leading and chastening of the Lord.

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

miknik5

"Let not your heart be troubled"
Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If THE SON sets you feee, you are free

CHRIST...incarnate?

Hmmm
I don't agree

The purpose was to be a WITNESS to HIM. Yes, but so that others might come to HIM who washes where we can't wash

And

If HE doesn't wash us, we have no part with HIM

With HIM

For apart from HIM we can do nothing

CHRIST incarnate.
Please elaborate on this new teaching

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes... HE was

You are to cling to HIM because of your love for HIM
If you love HIM you will listen and follow HIM wherever HE takes us and will not fall back

What did you think Paul meant when he said you haven't suffered to the point of death, or mortality has to be swallowed up in immortality, or I fill up In my flesh what is lacking according to the afflictions of CHRIST

Yes indeed. It is because HE died for us, that we pick up our cross and suffer all things BECAUSE HE died for us
Really is that why his Apostles followed him, or was it because of the truths he spoke, as Peter stated: John 6:68 ...to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 53 Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Notice Jesus states: 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and before that he states: He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. And then he states: 63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are... life. Then Peter states: 68 ...thou hast the words of eternal life.

Conclusion:to believe in Christ is to embrace the words of Christ and to embrace the words of Christ is to eat Christ's flesh and posses Eternal life.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48I am that bread of life. 49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Notice believing in christ, the words Jesus spoke and eating Jesus's flesh are all the same: life and life eternal.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If THE SON sets you feee, you are free

CHRIST...incarnate?

Hmmm
I don't agree

The purpose was to be a WITNESS to HIM. Yes, but so that others might come to HIM who washes where we can't wash

And

If HE doesn't wash us, we have no part with HIM

With HIM

For apart from HIM we can do nothing

CHRIST incarnate.
Please elaborate on this new teaching

New teaching? Didn't you read whoever professes to know him aught to walk even as he walked or did you not hear Jesus when he said: 25It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Do you not understand that you are to walk as Christ did and that it is not to be you living but Christ through you?

I love the verse you chose to start your post with, maybe you should notice the context:

31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

According to Jesus if you abide in his words you will be free from being a servant to sin. You continue to take Jesus and his teachings out of context and don't see how blind you are. Can the blind see what they are blind to? So it is with those who embrace shadows instead of the image which casts it.

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Really is that why his Apostles followed him, or was it because of the truths he spoke, as Peter stated: John 6:68 ...to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 53 Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day. 55For my flesh is meat indeed, and my blood is drink indeed.56He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.57As the living Father hath sent me, and I live by the Father: so he that eateth me, even he shall live by me.58This is that bread which came down from heaven: not as your fathers did eat manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread shall live for ever.
63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life. 64But there are some of you that believe not. For Jesus knew from the beginning who they were that believed not, and who should betray him. 65And he said, Therefore said I unto you, that no man can come unto me, except it were given unto him of my Father.
66From that time many of his disciples went back, and walked no more with him.67Then said Jesus unto the twelve, Will ye also go away?68Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we go? thou hast the words of eternal life.

Notice Jesus states: 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and before that he states: He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. And then he states: 63 ...the words that I speak unto you, they are... life. Then Peter states: 68 ...thou hast the words of eternal life.

Conclusion:to believe in Christ is to embrace the words of Christ and to embrace the words of Christ is to eat Christ's flesh and posses Eternal life.

47Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life. 48I am that bread of life. 49Your fathers did eat manna in the wilderness, and are dead.50This is the bread which cometh down from heaven, that a man may eat thereof, and not die. 51I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.

52The Jews therefore strove among themselves, saying, How can this man give us his flesh to eat? 53Then Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except ye eat the flesh of the Son of man, and drink his blood, ye have no life in you. 54Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

Notice believing in christ, the words Jesus spoke and eating Jesus's flesh are all the same: life and life eternal.
I am so glad that HE knows those whom HE has chosen

When you spoke of Peter saying, LORD...to whom shall we go you have the WORDS of ETERNAL LIFE, what was CHRIST's response
to Peter?
(John 6)

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
New teaching? Didn't you read whoever professes to know him aught to walk even as he walked or did you not hear Jesus when he said: 25It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?

Do you not understand that you are to walk as Christ did and that it is not to be you living but Christ through you?

I love the verse you chose to start your post with, maybe you should notice the context:

31Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on him, If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free. 33They answered him, We be Abraham's seed, and were never in bondage to any man: how sayest thou, Ye shall be made free?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant of sin. 35And the servant abideth not in the house for ever: but the Son abideth ever. 36If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.

According to Jesus if you abide in his words you will be free from being a servant to sin. You continue to take Jesus and his teachings out of context and don't see how blind you are. Can the blind see what they are blind to? So it is with those who embrace shadows instead of the image which casts it.

But I'm not Abraham's seed

Ye must be born again

And it wasn't of Abraham's seed that I was reborn of GOD

You know that, don't you?

In order to walk as JESUS did, following the deeds of His LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT one must be born of IMPERISHABLE SEED

I'm not Abraham's seed, although he is the father of faith for all those who believe

Those who questioned HIM in John 8 didn't believe who HE had already said HE is

Instead they said we have never been a slave to any man ( showing that they did not believe HE is THE SON of GOD and since HE is THE SON, what HE frees is free

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I'm not Abraham's seed

Ye must be born again

And it wasn't of Abraham's seed that I was reborn of GOD

You know that, don't you?

In order to walk as JESUS did, following the deeds of His LIFE-GIVING SPIRIT one must be born of IMPERISHABLE SEED

I'm not Abraham's seed, although he is the father of faith for all those who believe

Those who questioned HIM in John 8 didn't believe who HE had already said HE is

Instead they said we have never been a slave to any man ( showing that they did not believe HE is THE SON of GOD and since HE is THE SON, what HE frees is free

Jesus clearly stated: "whoever sins is a servant to sin"... He came to free men from walking in sin: by having them walk in his words. You just seem to continually avoid the text and create a belief that has nothing to do with what the text states.

This time try and follow Jesus a little more carefully. .."If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

What does Jesus actually mean by his setting them free: free from what?

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant/(slave: is what the Greek word translated servant means) of sin.

Did you get it this time? Or do you want to continue to make up beliefs that have absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus is referring to? Do you care at all that you take the words of God's only begotten Son and misrepresent his message?

Jesus came to set mankind free from sinning: by having people continue in his word.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nobody is CHRIST incarnate

again please clarify this strange teaching

Have you never heard the statement: "it is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth through me"? Do you still not understand that you must take up your cross (put yourself to death) and embrace the life of Christ: by walking in his teachings and thus be one with Christ and dead to yourself? Is this foreign to you? If you are dead and Christ is alive through you: then you are Christ and Christ is you.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus clearly stated: "whoever sins is a servant to sin"... He came to free men from walking in sin: by having them walk in his words. You just seem to continually avoid the text and create a belief that has nothing to do with what the text states.

This time try and follow Jesus a little more carefully. .."If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; 32And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free."

34Jesus answered them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whosoever committeth sin is the servant/(slave: is what the Greek word translated servant means) of sin.

Did you get it this time? Or do you want to continue to make up beliefs that have absolutely nothing to do with what Jesus is referring to? Do you care at all that you take the words of God's only begotten Son and misrepresent his message?

Jesus came to set mankind free from sinning: by having people continue in his word.
No sir.
I'm not avoiding anything

Those men acknowledged that they had sin. They were sinners
And the fact that they went away the oldest to the youngest when CHRIST said he who is without sin let him be the first to cast the stone attested to the truth that they were convicted of their sins

Yet instead of coming to HIM believing in HIM, that as THE SON HE sets free whom HE chooses, they went away from HIM...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

After all the texts used to show that eternal life is had by embracing Christ through his teachings: you want to ignore all that evidence and focus on an obscure idea that Christ chose the 12 (even though 1 he chose was damned) and avoid everything else Christ stated in the text? Is it not true that you have a devil in you and you are blinded by it: which is why you are kept from embracing the truth? You foul spirit: in the name of Jesus release this person from the lies you have them bound to.
but you overlooked a very important truth in John 8
In fact two truths

Last edited:
Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Have you never heard the statement: "it is no longer I that liveth but Christ that liveth through me"? Do you still not understand that you must take up your cross (put yourself to death) and embrace the life of Christ: by walking in his teachings and thus be one with Christ and dead to yourself? Is this foreign to you? If you are dead and Christ is alive through you: then you are Christ and Christ is you.
CHRIST is alive through me?
CHRIST is alive through me?

Are you sure you meant to say that?

Upvote 0

miknik5

Jun 9, 2016
USA
✟101,414.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not CHRIST
And CHRIST is not me

CHRIST is in me
And it's. THROUGH CHRIST that I live

But no
I am not CHRIST
And CHRIST is not me
Again

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No sir.
I'm not avoiding anything

Those men acknowledged that they had sin. They were sinners
And the fact that they went away the oldest to the youngest when CHRIST said he who is without sin let him be the first to cast the stone attested to the truth that they were convicted of their sins

Yet instead of coming to HIM believing in HIM, that as THE SON HE sets free whom HE chooses, they went away from HIM...

You still avoid recognizing how Jesus states one is free: by continuing in his word/words. Judas was chosen and he perished.

Upvote 0

2 know him

Dec 9, 2011
✟7,513.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I am not CHRIST
And CHRIST is not me

CHRIST is in me
And it's. THROUGH CHRIST that I live

But no
I am not CHRIST
And CHRIST is not me
Again

Jesus stated: John 7:17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

If you understood what Jesus meant by taking up your cross and following him, through practice, we would not be having this discussion. The teachings of Christ can only be understood through their practice.

Show me a man who has experience versus one who has none and there is no comparing the two; you my friend are a person who knows nothing of Christ: as your words declare no evidence of having the vast understanding between the differences of experiencial knowledge and theory.

What do you think Christ means when he says "if any man will come after me: let him take up his cross and follow me"? What is done on a cross? A person dies. If you are dead: who lives in your place? You still fail to see because you have not died, but rather you live and are dead.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.