Is Jesus incapable of defining his will?

Status
Not open for further replies.

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
At the beginning of Jesus's ministry he preached a gospel that had nothing to do with his death, burial, and resurrection. His last words recorded tell us he wanted his followers to go into all the world and make disciples (those disciplined in the teachings of their master: sheep, or followers by way of mimicking the ways and teachings of their lead(er).

When one takes the teachings of Jesus alone as their manual they cannot help but come to a very different understanding of Christianity than what is being presented by most religious leaders and institutions today, which leads me to the following conclusion: Paul is a heretic and responsible for today's church's contradictory belief system.
That conclusion is in error.
Those observations, or some of them anyway, may be true. Just reached a faulty conclusion, that's all.

Upvote 0

LastWord

Mar 12, 2013
✟16,741.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Everything Jesus said and did, in His earthly ministry before the cross, was about His death, burial, and Resurrection. It is a shame there are so few who see this and so there are so many who teach Jesus' words and deeds in a way disjointed from the gospel. I

When Jesus said ONLY came the the lost sheep of the houe of Israel, He meant it! But it doesn't mean you understood Him. Just like when Jesus said tear down this Temple and in three days I will raise it up again. They understood wrongly and did not consider he was speaking of his body. So too this woman was a Gentile dog, but faith in Christ showed her to also be a sheep of the House of Israel. and this is Paul's point, those who were believers are the true Israel of God. It is of course Christ's cross work that brings this about. For God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself.

• Agree
Reactions: miknik5
Upvote 0

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟917,638.00
Country
United States