Is Jesus God? Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

edpobre

Feb 5, 2002
NEW YORK
✟3,067.00
Originally posted by Grizzly
Good point Havoc.  I think it really points to the impreciseness of the bible.

But I have to admit that in this particular case, I think Ed's position makes more sense.  If you accept the trinitarian position then you have to take a number of strange positions and answer some strange questions. 

1) you have to accept that jesus was both 100% man and 100% God.  As anyone who has taking grade school math can attest, this is not possible.

2)  When Jesus went off  by himself to pray, who was he praying to?  Was he praying to himself?  Makes no sense.

3) When Jesus went off into the desert and was tempted by the devil.  If Jesus is God, then who cares?  How do you tempt God into sinning.  Can't be done. 

4) It is said that Jesus led the perfect life and therefore his death was the perfect sacrifice.  Once again, if Jesus is God, then who cares?  How hard is it for God to lead the perfect life?  I would say it would be pretty easy.  But if Jesus were a man.....

5) When Jesus was on the cross, he cried out " Eloi, Eloi, Lema Sabachthane?"  He was clearly suffering here and was crying out to God.  If he were God, why is he crying out to himself.

6) Jesus died on the Cross.  How can you kill God? Impossible.

7) The salvation story.  If Jesus is God, then the Salvation story boils down to "God sacrificied himself to appease himself".  Makes NO sense.

I have to admit, Jesus as Man makes the story fit alot better.

My God, you made very good points. I could not have done it better.

BTW, I am NOT addressing "my God" to Grizzly, lest you Trinitarians accuse me of making Grizzly "my God" and stone him for BLASPHEMY.

Ed

Upvote 0

Gunny

Remnant
Site Supporter
May 18, 2002
United States of America
✟58,262.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Originally posted by gunnysgt
I know that the founder of Iglesia ni cristo is a false prophet.

I know that Psuedo Christian Cults deny the deity of Jesus Christ.

I know that individuals that rely on a man for a revelation from God vs. God's Word itself are being deceived.

I don't doubt your zeal or passion for you doctrinal beliefs according to the dogma of Iglesia ni cristo.

I don't believe that I am creating discord of unity in stating these things concerning Iglesia ni cristo for I believe that INC is a false religion that was started by a false prophet.

I have posted links to various Christian(Bible believing vs. Bible revising) websites that describe Iglesia ni cristo in great detail according to it's own publications and it's founder and leaders statements.

God's Word states that Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

God's Word states we are to test the spirits for they do not all come from God.

I fear greatly in these latter days for so many, many people who are being deceived by the father of lies.

Apostasy, spiritual rebellion, spiritual pride and spiritual deception are an epidemic in this presnt age.

One who has been Born Again of above, by God's Spirit, that is filled by the Holy Spirit knows without a doubt who Jesus Christ is as Lord and Savior.

1COR 2:10 But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God.

1COR 2:11 For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

1COR 2:12 Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God.

1COR 2:13 Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual.

1COR 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.