Is it strange to be over the hill and still be single?

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am. I am too old to be anything else.:smilecat:

That isn't true. I know two women who wed their 60s. One I know personally.

I said something and it wasn't haphazard. I called you sweet. That can't be taught. I've guided and influenced many. That's innate. And its something men crave. It isn't plentiful. Trust me.

Don't let anyone tell you your time has past. I've heard of your sweetness elsewhere. Own it. :yellowheart:

~bella

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

I said something and it wasn't haphazard. I called you sweet. That can't be taught. I've guided and influenced many. That's innate. And its something men crave. It isn't plentiful. Trust me.

Don't let anyone tell you your time has past. I've heard of your sweetness elsewhere. Own it. :yellowheart:

~bella
What we are on forums are usually not what we are in real life. At least that's true of me and a few others I know:)
Some people see internal beauty in everyone. That's a beautiful gift. I recognize what I have left and I am content with that.
I wish you the best and God's best for you.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
People are not happy because:
1. They don't put Christ first in their lives.
2. They're full of conceit, that is, self-centered.
3. Thoughts are centered on "make me happy", that is, the desire for the other to "make me feel good" is a priority in the thinking, rather than something more unified like teamwork.
4. Self-righteous attitudes lead to a commitment to always being right about everything, and this is what causes all the bickering on petty things.
5. "Falling in love" is all about the euphoria, so when it subsides to normalcy, it must be the fault of the partner. The euphoria is an addiction, so there are withdrawal symptoms.
6. The stress of relationship and caring for the family adds to the pressure to perform, which cramps the style of the free-spirited and lazy, causing their unhappiness.
7. The pressure to perform is increased when demands are made by the partners. There is often a "you're not doing your part" attitude.
8. Snap judgments are made from suspicions, and either there is building resentment from no communication, or the kind of communication on such issues causes conflict.
9. They have little to no discernment on what to tolerate and what not to tolerate.
10. The prideful attitude of "I don't need no help" causes them to reject any suggestion they need counseling.
11. Vying for control of relationship and family, that is, power struggles.
12. Ignorance due to lack of good education and leadership.

I'm sure this list could go beyond 100.
You sound bitter.

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
What we are on forums are usually not what we are in real life. At least that's true of me and a few others I know:)

Some people see internal beauty in everyone. That's a beautiful gift. I recognize what I have left and I am content with that.
I wish you the best and God's best for you.

Thank you. That isn't what I see. God gave me an ability to see the shadow. The attributes others miss about someone. If I call you sweet it means I see your beauty on another level. I don't need anyone to tell me. The eye has been at it for years.

~bella

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others

~bella
I am tons older than that Bella, I just don't act my age. I am an immature old lady, lol.

• Haha
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
I am tons older than that Bella, I just don't act my age. I am an immature old lady, lol.

I give no heed to numbers.

I see the trait and acknowledge it. It's the beauty of being seen. I needn't explain that since you're more experienced. :)

~bella

Upvote 0

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

nothing wrong with that young at heart, I am little immature also hahaha.

Upvote 0

tdidymas

Aug 28, 2014
Houston, TX
✟163,485.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
You sound bitter.
No, unhappy people are bitter. People who do the things in the list are bitter. I've never been happier because of the hope I have in Christ. I was only saying why people are unhappy. We all as Christians should be avoiding such things and overcoming them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BeyondET

Earth Treasures
Site Supporter
Jul 17, 2018
Virginia
✟153,535.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Maturity, wisdom
You didn't need to respond. I was responding to your post. God bless you:)

its a on going process with the Lord, and the Lord Loves when we seek him with childlike faith, we don't need to be mature and wise i am certainly not.

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I give no heed to numbers.

I see the trait and acknowledge it. It's the beauty of being seen. I needn't explain that since you're more experienced. :)

~bella
Thanks Bella for all the kind words.
Seems like you and beyondet should get your heads together. You both seem ready to take the plunge.
I like to match make:)

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Thanks Bella for all the kind words.
Seems like you and beyondet should get your heads together. You both seem ready to take the plunge.

You’re welcome. I take no credit. It comes on in spurts and the timing is His. :)

Am I ready? That’s a big step. I think He’s working on me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship

Truthfully, I don’t want to meet anyone online. It’s too involved and the pandemic changed a lot. I want to do it the old fashioned way. Meet in person and spend time together and get acquainted. I want to be in his presence. Not on a computer. Plus I’m moving overseas. I have to be practical.

Upvote 0

OldWiseGuy

Wake me when it's soup.
Site Supporter
Feb 4, 2006
Wisconsin
Visit site
✟982,622.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have been divorced for 15 years and never been happier. I don't even date, the thought of being married doesn't interest me in the least. I play a little game when I go shopping. I watch couples. Many times there is nit picking and fighting going on, the couple looks miserable. I recently went to a reception, I spent time watching couples there too, it appeared the majority was not happy. I think that we are so fallen we don't even know what marriage is supposed to be anymore, nor do we know how to love. I'm not saying you can't be happy being married, it's just my observation that a lot are not happy.

Couples have to be on the same page to be truly "married". My marriage was a nightmare...for my wife. She couldn't get on board with what I had planned for us, even though I thought I had explained it pretty well before we got married. She left after just four years. I did get a couple of great kids out of her however. :)

Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
You know you better than anyone but you can meet anyone of these wonderful guys in person if necessary and they can go with, lol.
Just making convo
I have said before that I believe this is a great place to meet Christian friends and future bonds???

Reactions: bèlla
Upvote 0

returntosender

EL ROI
Site Supporter
May 30, 2020
casa grande
✟352,865.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Couples have to be on the same page to be truly "married". My marriage was a nightmare...for my wife. She couldn't get on board with what I had planned for us, even though I thought I had explained it pretty well before we got married. She left after just four years. I did get a couple of great kids out of her however. :)
Maybe you can phrase that last sentence in a less chauvenist way? "Women are only good for"...

Upvote 0

bèlla

❤️
Site Supporter
Jan 16, 2019
USA
✟952,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
You know you better than anyone but you can meet anyone of these wonderful guys in person if necessary and they can go with, lol.

Okay, madame matchmaker! I'll bite. :cool:

For the majority of the men on the site I'm the wrong fit. They don't need a woman like me. Their lives don't require the qualities and skills I bring to the table. Its overkill. I want a man who needs what I have to offer. He's bettered by my presence in every way. I don't want to be dormant or consigned to a life I'd never choose for myself. I have to be practical.

Many have little to no experience. That's fine when you're in the same boat. But less so when you've dealt with others like yourself. I don't have men who tiptoe around their interest or rely on innuendo to express themselves. They say I like you, I want you, etc. There's no ambiguity.

Being here has taught me a lot. I didn't grow up in Christian culture. I don't have the same ideologies and messages in my head. My family was practical. Marriage wasn't a goal or idol. It was my choice.

When I think of forever I'm visualizing a complement. Someone whose strengths, gifts, and talents match my own. I need something in return. He needs to have it in tow.

ETA: And be in his 30s!

~bella

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BeyondET
Upvote 0