• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Is it safe to use a public restroom?

123flower

Apr 22, 2012
✟25,520.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
My husband and I have plans to go to the zoo. We haven’t been anywhere crowded since the coronavirus, but now a lot of places are open again. Then I realised I probably have to use the public restroom in the zoo. I’m scared to get corona on the toilet. Is it safe to go to a public restroom? What if someone before you has corona? My husband who isn’t scared, says we have to wash our hands and also use handgels and then it will be okay. But I’m still worried, but I don’t want to ruin our plans.

Richard T

Mar 25, 2018
traveling Asia
✟69,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I think you have a misconception about COVID. You greatest chance of getting it is from the air. Breathing might exhale some but talking and coughing would put it in the air from anyone infected. So when you go in to the restroom, if it is in the air you might them breathe it in. A mask will help but most are not foolproof. So there is a risk from any indoor space and even less risk from an outdoor space.

Surface contact is possible but wash your hands and you should be free from that. I also generally would change and shower when I get home from any public indoor space I have been.

• Agree
Reactions: hluke
Upvote 0

hluke

Jul 28, 2020
Melbourne
✟22,274.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hello 123flower.

Here are some relevant verses:

Philippians 4:6

do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.

1 Peter 5:7
casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Matthew 6:25
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink, nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?

Psalm 91:3
For he will deliver you from the snare of the fowler
and from the deadly pestilence.

Matthew 10:28

And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather fear him who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

The last verse actually helped with my Arachnophobia. :tearsofjoy:

Enjoy your day!

Upvote 0