Is it really wrong for a Christian to sometimes go to nightclubs and bars ?

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If you go there with the intentions only to party not get drunk or high or find someone to fornicate with are you wrong for going there ?

Or should Christians avoid it all cost to not be a stumbling block to unbelievers and fellow Christians

I guess a Christian could go to a bar or nightclub. But, I'm not sure what the purpose of it would be other than to be a wallflower or a social scientist.

As far as food and drink are concerned, there are many more interesting and aesthetically pleasing places to go other than a bar or a nightclub.

Upvote 0

QuestionQuest74

Oct 12, 2023
Fort Lauderdale
✟23,412.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
I guess a Christian could go to a bar or nightclub. But, I'm not sure what the purpose of it would be other than to be a wallflower or a social scientist.

As far as food and drink are concerned, there are many more interesting and aesthetically pleasing places to go other than a bar or a nightclub.
What about to dance ?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Of course, it's all ...about the Son!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,135,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
What about to dance ?

I suppose a Christian could dance in a nightclub if he or she wanted to. But I'd suggest that if he/she were to do so, to pick a nightclub that isn't known for being "seedy." ;)

Upvote 0

eleos1954

God is Love
Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2017
Utah
✟722,379.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
If you go there with the intentions only to party not get drunk or high or find someone to fornicate with are you wrong for going there ?

Or should Christians avoid it all cost to not be a stumbling block to unbelievers and fellow Christians
Not wise to enter into the dens of devils. Avoid temptation says the Lord.

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

For clarity - describe or define what partying in to you?

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟961,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

Why you are going there should be paramount, but as for me personally, I personally don't see a reason to ever go to one personally.

If you can go for a pure reason, and it doesn't cause you to compromise in other areas where a good/moral/mature Christian should not, then there is probably not anything wrong with it, etc, other than the fact that you need to keep in mind that most people who do go to these kinds of places on a regular basis will fail in what I just now told you most of the time eventually, or almost always eventually, so just try to keep that in mind, ok.

Because it could be a "risk", etc, and maybe a "risk", that was also maybe completely unnecessary to ever start out with, or ever even begin with, etc, but that now has made you compromise too far now, and has left you with a very, very bad witness now, to the point to where you may have to start completely all over again now, etc, with both your witness and your testimony and your Christian walk all over again now, etc.

So just try to keep that in mind, ok.

God Bless.

Upvote 0

anetazo

Feb 19, 2023
Meriden
✟27,471.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Christian can't consort with heathen. Not to be por takers of their sins.
Read 2 Corinthians chapter 6:14 to 18.

Light and darkness cant share together. What agreement does temple of God have with temple of belial ??.

Christian people are to try to plant seeds for God. Not get involved with heathen.

We are to separate our self from the heathen.

Christian people have no business at bars or nightclubs.

Children of darkness do this.

This is simple to understand.

Our priority is to produce fruit for God. Being productive.

Not at bar, listening to drunk or disillusioned people. Get the picture.
Second Timothy chapter 2. Soldiers in army of God, don't get entangled in worldly affairs.
Peace.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about to dance ?
There are dance clubs and associations where people only dance.

But that tends to be genuine stylized dancing, not just heaving body motions that are really only preludes to sex.

Upvote 0