Pennsylvania
✟61,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes. Mostly everyone gets scared of progress and change at one point of their life's, but if it's change for the better than it usually results in making that person's situation easier vice versa for change for the worst.

Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well when I posted this I felt like I was but now that I think about it I'm not really scared, I know I have Jesus.

I think an issue I'm dealing with is laziness. That's something I've always had a problem with all of life. There are days when I am up for doing anything and there are days where I just don't feel like doing anything.

Upvote 0

Koakku

Site Supporter
May 4, 2012
Pennsylvania
✟61,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well when I posted this I felt like I was but now that I think about it I'm not really scared, I know I have Jesus.

I think an issue I'm dealing with is laziness. That's something I've always had a problem with all of life. There are days when I am up for doing anything and there are days where I just don't feel like doing anything.
I've struggled with slothfulness as-well, but the thing is if you don't get up and try to do anything your body will adapt to not doing anything and that's bad for you and your health as-well. You should make a schedule that you should commit to try to doing everyday and try to limit your free time, that's what I've done and still try to commit to each day.

Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've struggled with slothfulness as-well, but the thing is if you don't get up and try to do anything your body will adapt to not doing anything and that's bad for you and your health as-well. You should make a schedule that you should commit to try to doing everyday and try to limit your free time, that's what I've done and still try to commit to each day.

Well its been getting a little better. But this last like day or two to three I've just felt like not doing anything.

I could come up with a schedule but from the way I see it there isn't much for me to do around the house other than chores, like volunteering chores, other than the ones I was told to do, bible reading which I try to do at least one chapter everyday, and schoolwork.

Not much really...

Upvote 0

Koakku

Site Supporter
May 4, 2012
Pennsylvania
✟61,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Well its been getting a little better. But this last like day or two to three I've just felt like not doing anything.

I could come up with a schedule but from the way I see it there isn't much for me to do around the house other than chores, like volunteering chores, other than the ones I was told to do, bible reading which I try to do at least one chapter everyday, and schoolwork.

Not much really...

Well my schedule around the house is.
1.) Two chapters of psalms (reading out of the bible)
2.) Two chapters of proverbs (reading out of the bible)
3.) The gospel of matthew (visual bible movie)
4.) CF Fellowship
5.) CF Prayer

The base of my schedule is this, two chapters of psalms will give you the proper encouragement to serve the Lord and the two chapters of proverbs will give you the daily knowledge you need to know for the problems you go through everyday. The book of matthew is exceedingly long so i usually watch the movie on youtube and it reminds me on how to abide in the Lord and how his life was displayed on this earth. CF Fellowship and Prayer is just something to do to build up my brothers and sisters and encourage them. I may not follow this schedule each and everyday but when i get lazy i know i have a foundation to work on. Watching sermons and open-air preaching are also very helpful to me and using my talents and abilities for the Lord like we discussed about a while ago. I have faith that you'll get through your struggles. Also remember that the Lord loves you more then you're capable of understanding and that he gave his life for you, knowing that makes me want to do something radical for the Lord and not sitting around lollygagging. Good luck brother and you can always message me if you need any advice or help with your problems.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Well my schedule around the house is.
1.) Two chapters of psalms (reading out of the bible)
2.) Two chapters of proverbs (reading out of the bible)
3.) The gospel of matthew (visual bible movie)
4.) CF Fellowship
5.) CF Prayer

The base of my schedule is this, two chapters of psalms will give you the proper encouragement to serve the Lord and the two chapters of proverbs will give you the daily knowledge you need to know for the problems you go through everyday. The book of matthew is exceedingly long so i usually watch the movie on youtube and it reminds me on how to abide in the Lord and how his life was displayed on this earth. CF Fellowship and Prayer is just something to do to build up my brothers and sisters and encourage them. I may not follow this schedule each and everyday but when i get lazy i know i have a foundation to work on. Watching sermons and open-air preaching are also very helpful to me and using my talents and abilities for the Lord like we discussed about a while ago. I have faith that you'll get through your struggles. Also remember that the Lord loves you more then you're capable of understanding and that he gave his life for you, knowing that makes me want to do something radical for the Lord and not sitting around lollygagging. Good luck brother and you can always message me if you need any advice or help with your problems.

*sigh* I hate that, I hate it when people talk like its so easy. I have dealt with laziness all my life, its difficult to find motivation to do anything. And I hate how I don't see Christs death on the cross as motivation to do something. I don't know what's wrong with me...

You have a very good point, His death on the cross should be motivation.

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
It's a simple question lol. Is it possible to be scared of progression, scared of change or scared what could happen in that change your looking for.

Not if you are walking closely with the Lord and inviting him thru the entire process. Scripture says :' God has not given us a spirit of fear...but of love, power, and a sound mind' . Its when we try to act out things on our own limited strength and understanding, that we falter. All things work together for the good of those who love God...so, if the changes are obviously detrimental to myself, then I can know they are not of God/from God...at which time switching of gears is required . However, we should try to learn all we can when things such as adversity stikes as a result of change.

Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not if you are walking closely with the Lord and inviting him thru the entire process. Scripture says :' God has not given us a spirit of fear...but of love, power, and a sound mind' . Its when we try to act out things on our own limited strength and understanding, that we falter. All things work together for the good of those who love God...so, if the changes are obviously detrimental to myself, then I can know they are not of God/from God...at which time switching of gears is required . However, we should try to learn all we can when things such as adversity stikes as a result of change.

How can you tell the difference between our strength and the Lords strength, I don't really get how that works, we don't feel the Lords strength, so how do we go by His and not ours?

Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
How can you tell the difference between our strength and the Lords strength, I don't really get how that works, we don't feel the Lords strength, so how do we go by His and not ours?

Actually, we can feel the Lords strength oftentimes ,working in and thru us. I can attest to that . There is a peace that comes from God which transcends all understanding when we are going thru unsure or difficult times -- its as if we arent going thru it all alone and we have this uncanny assurance that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that our little boat is going to make it to the other side because God is with us .

'Our strength' typically means that we are trying to get thru something or overcome something in the quickest way possible regardless of how its done as is typical of us humans. Relying on 'Gods strength' involves constantly staying in close contact with God / staying immersed in Gods Word for instruction / and filtering all of our moves and choices thru him ... that is, his character, nature, and Person . It involves constantly seeking his wisdom thru prayer and in written form .

Does that makes it clearer ? I hope so. Essentially, it depends on WHO we turn to during times of uncertainty in our lives : Our feelings or Gods wisdom which can be imparted to us. Regards.

Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Actually, we can feel the Lords strength oftentimes ,working in and thru us. I can attest to that . There is a peace that comes from God which transcends all understanding when we are going thru unsure or difficult times -- its as if we arent going thru it all alone and we have this uncanny assurance that there is light at the end of the tunnel and that our little boat is going to make it to the other side because God is with us .

'Our strength' typically means that we are trying to get thru something or overcome something in the quickest way possible regardless of how its done as is typical of us humans. Relying on 'Gods strength' involves constantly staying in close contact with God / staying immersed in Gods Word for instruction / and filtering all of our moves and choices thru him ... that is, his character, nature, and Person . It involves constantly seeking his wisdom thru prayer and in written form .

Does that makes it clearer ? I hope so. Essentially, it depends on WHO we turn to during times of uncertainty in our lives : Our feelings or Gods wisdom which can be imparted to us. Regards.

That does explain it pretty good, I'm still unsure about some things lol I don't think I've ever felt God's strength but I act and talk to God like my strength comes from Him. Which I believe it does, because without Him we are all nothing...

I don't know what it is but I've just been feeling weird lately. Like I'm alone, or that this is all just so hard that I can't do it. I know that's probably not true but its the way I feel right now. I feel like all I've been getting lately is do' s and dont's and like a stupid legalistic sense of things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

A New Day

Jan 7, 2013
✟16,921.00
Faith
Christian
Hi. It is very possible to be scared of progression because that is the life what is about, surprises and temptation, i will expand on that in a moment but keep with me please.

a lot of people tell that lazyness damages the brain, why not train the brain in the evening by recalling what happened in the day and evaluate what was wrong and what needs to be changed, you can at least evaluate before taking an action.

you are doing the first step that you are frank with yourself, don't be too ashamed or become too proud but look to ascertain what is right according to the circumstance and take account of what you can do to progress.

It is good that sometimes you do not fear to progress like now so keep on that and don't stop and you must take an action, and if you are very lazy and you need a motivation then you have to progress slowly and each time increase the dose because it's better to progress slowly rather than not progress. and you will arrive to a day that you will see that what you were afraid of it became your daily life, so do not change once more, be courageous.

i like to add verses to what the others said.

1 Corinthians 13:13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

1 John 4:18 There is no fear in love, but perfect love casts out fear. For fear has to do with punishment, and whoever fears has not been perfected in love.

i find love very important, if you have love you have a real motivation for effort and effort is a must because God wants us to take action and it means to be better like by fighting the good fight (2 Timothy 4:7) and the hidden danger is when we think that our salvation is granted while it is not always true and Jesus himself tells us: Matthew 25:11-12,37-40.

Let me get back to temptations, since there are always surprises we must always be working and not only depend on the faith alone:
Philippians 1:28 ...but that you will be saved – and that by God. 29 For it has been granted to you on behalf of Christ not only to believe in him, but also to suffer for him
Matthew 26:41 Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation. The spirit is willing, but the body is weak.

why not start acting now since you are not doing something wrong but you want to be better, but an advice to you Soverinth, the work starts in the self and particularly through prayer first, because if the blind lead the blind both will fall into a pit.

Let us start by praying first to let his spirit work in us. In the name of the Lord we pray:
My Lord all my life i prayed to calm my sufferings, but today i will pray instead for the sake of my heart to become able to defeat the sufferings.
All my life i prayed for protection against danger, but in this moment i pray for courage to confront the danger.
All my life i looked for different kinds of allies in the battle of life but today i pray that my personal power and freedom be empowered by your grace.
All my life i besought for answers and it only made my thirst to grow, but this moment i pray that you let me beseech your love and your wisdom because they have all the answers for my heart.
Amen.

The Lord grants us to be courageous and when we prosper we must realize his mercy that surrounds us and we must realize our failure too for with every rise there is a fall but with every fall there is also a rise with the Lord. John 12:32 But I am going to be lifted up from the earth. When I am, I will bring all people to myself.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

TheyCallMeDave

At your service....
Jun 19, 2012
Northern Florida
✟11,541.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That does explain it pretty good, I'm still unsure about some things lol I don't think I've ever felt God's strength but I act and talk to God like my strength comes from Him. Which I believe it does, because without Him we are all nothing...

I don't know what it is but I've just been feeling weird lately. Like I'm alone, or that this is all just so hard that I can't do it. I know that's probably not true but its the way I feel right now. I feel like all I've been getting lately is do' s and dont's and like a stupid legalistic sense of things.

Operating in Gods strength requires obedience to his Word, his character and nature , seeking his wisdom found in his Word and thru dedicated prayer . Then, its imperative to keep all those things close to heart and mind as you walk thru the circumstance youre in ..so...its a matter of submission to acting on his leading . It takes some practice indeed, but, pretty soon...it becomes as familiar to you as driving a car.

What we need to be aware of , can be summarized by the acronym : H.A.L.T. that is .. when we are in one of these modes, we need to remember that things can get distorted and not the way they truly are : When we are going thru HUNGER, ANGER, LONLINESS, and TIREDNESS. These emotions can make us decieved to what is reality because they are feeling oriented (the flesh) , and not based on the logic and wisdom that comes from God (the Spirit) . So, you are correct in asserting that it is probably the way that you are feeling right now . Our emotions can distort and fool us which is why Gods Word says that we should not lean on our OWN understanding but in all our ways to acknowledge God and his ways. So, focus on God as highlighted in paragraph number one and the picture will come into sharp focus on any situation you are currently experiencing. Its a challenge to all of us. BLessings, Dave.

Upvote 0

Phykos

Feb 6, 2013
✟7,636.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single

Are you sure you're not suffering from some type of depression? I use to think I was lazy a lot of the time when in reality I was struggling with bipolar disorder. Not trying to worry you, but if you want a better relationship with God it helps to know what your demons are first.

Reactions: Koakku
Upvote 0

Soverinth

Nov 14, 2012
✟16,158.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Are you sure you're not suffering from some type of depression? I use to think I was lazy a lot of the time when in reality I was struggling with bipolar disorder. Not trying to worry you, but if you want a better relationship with God it helps to know what your demons are first.

No I don't think I'm struggling with a form of depression. Laziness has been a problem all my life. It once caused me to fail ninth grade. And also not get very good grades.

To be honest I'm just really confused right now. I don't know how I am on terms with God. I've ask Him to help me in this confusion. I guess I'm just not seeing it. And I hate saying this but I sometimes really wonder if He is there or not. I feel like I could just be lying to myself and I may not really be saved. But what gets me is things have changed so much. Before all of this I never even used to think about any of this. I never used to think about God or Jesus and I never used to pray. And I mean its different now. I'm thinking about a lot of different things now. It's like Christianity is always on my mind now. And that's why I hate it when I doubt my salvation because all of these little things have changed. My thought process and goals and actions have been just turned around. I'm just so confused right now...

Upvote 0
You're 17? You are standing on a threshold in life. You don't know if you want to walk through that door or not. Growing up? Just what does that mean, anyway?
I realized when I was about 16 that I was scared of the future, scared to grow up because I might fail at it. Even though I was close to God, I was still so unsure.
We change, our bodies change, our views change. Why don't we love the things we use to love only a couple of years ago?
There are so many choices out there, which one do I make? When I take that step through the threshold of change, will I fall? Will I fail God?
I think everybody struggles in one form or another with this part of life.
Do you know any college age adults, maybe a few years older than you? Ask them about their experiences taking that step. Depression, worry, fear. I think laziness is often just hesitation.
Why I say talk to the people who have just recently gone through this, many of us as adults have forgotten that struggle. What hardships many of us have gone though in life, we compare to what you are going through and just brush it off with, "You'll face harder things in life than growing up."
What you are going though now can strengthen you for anything that lies ahead. Trust God and believe he has something for you beyond that threshold.:clap:

Reactions: Koakku
Upvote 0