Is it possible to be a CD and DVD person in 2022?

Sophrosyne

Let Your Light Shine.. Matt 5:16
Jun 21, 2007
In God's Amazing Grace
✟903,022.00
Faith
Christian
It feels so good to not follow the masses into the steaming age that we are in right now.
steaming age..... that is the current weather isn't it?
Maybe you meant streaming age?
I've got nothing against streaming, I just think that at one time you could get most channels on cable etc for even an outrageous price but to get most streaming apps would likely cost you a rolls royce payment a month.

Upvote 0

High Fidelity

Site Supporter
Feb 9, 2014
✟905,075.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
Physical media has better quality than streamed media, particularly TV and film.

A 4K film is probably compressed by 50-70% at the very least in some cases, so that’s a lot of detail lost and there’s simply no argument between the two when it comes to quality.

CD is the same but to a lesser extent as even full sized mp3 files aren’t overly large.

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,326.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I've recently rediscovered my CD collection, and I'm thinking about buying one of those oversized old-school CD binders to take in the car when visiting family. Usually, I just plug in my phone or a thumb drive, but the stereo also has a 6 CD changer that doesn't get much use. As they say, what's old is new again.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,443.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
I posted in another thread that I've moved from CDs to Apple Music. I was ripping all my CDs anyway so that I could listen to them on my work laptop, so it's not really a fundamental change in the way I've been listening to music, and the cost of Apple Music is less than the cost of CDs, as well as not taking up any space.

But I'm still into DVDs. I have a load of boxsets of classic science fiction shows - all the Star Treks and Stargates, Babylon 5, the X-Files, and more. I don't know if it's even possible to get hold of all of those through a streaming service, and I've got enough episodes to keep me busy for a very long time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums