is it illegal to use an adblocker

Bible Highlighter

Law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul.
Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
cinema industry is not interested in serving christ but they are interested in making money

So you have never seen a Christian film that can lead people to Christ?

You said:
i'll download all their movies and music for free

Are you speaking literally here or sarcastically?

Upvote 0

Tutorman

Charismatic Episcopalian
Jun 20, 2017
california
✟103,246.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
then dont use internet! you are doing what firs with your own understanding

Dude stop telling people what to do and being so ignorant. You know nothing about how anything works!

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
then dont use internet! you are doing what firs with your own understanding

You are not answering my points and you are just throwing out one liners that don't make any sense.
I am leaving the thread.
Good day to you, sir.
I sure hope you find what you are looking for in debating this topic.
For me, this topic does not edify the goodness of the Lord and it does seem Christ centered or focused.
The topic seems industry driven or worldly focused to me.
Advertisements is not even a biblical concept.
I am here on the Christian forums to talk about the Bible.
Advertisements is not something that I can find in the Bible.

Anyways, may God's love shine upon you;
And please be well.

• Winner
Reactions: Tutorman
Upvote 0

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You are not answering my points and you are just throwing out one liners that don't make any sense.
I am leaving the thread.
Good day to you, sir.
I sure hope you find what you are looking for in debating this topic.
For me, this topic does not edify the goodness of the Lord and it does seem Christ centered or focused.
The topic seems industry driven or worldly focused to me.
Advertisements is not even a biblical concept.
I am here on the Christian forums to talk about the Bible.
Advertisements is not something that I can find in the Bible.

Anyways, may God's love shine upon you;
And please be well.
making yourself deaf and blind

Upvote 0

Bible Highlighter

Site Supporter
Jul 22, 2014
✟1,195,112.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,569.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This site and every site you go to. This site (CF) just had some kind of malware in their ads that wanted users of CF to download a file. So don't be all holier than thou and get an education.

Yes, that was rather strange. It automatically opened the download window, and just one errant keystroke later, something would have been downloaded. I need to mention that to the admins.

• Agree
Reactions: Rajni
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, that is another of many very good reasons to protect one's self with ablockers.

I have been on the Internet since the early days of dos. I worked in the electronics industry repairing home electronics (brown box) goods as a technician. And when I hear them calling the Internet theirs it makes my blood boil. The greedy commercial system first did me out of a job by making everything throw-away. A lot of my effort to educate myself ended up tossed right out the window. And i kid you not, as an electronics tech I had to study all the time like a doctor does just to keep apace of the trade. They made me obsolete!

I look at my new computer which came with windows 10 and regret ever having gotten rid of my old computers. Windows 10 incorporates cellular capabilities for hundreds of cellular companies and they do send out info that you are not privy to knowing about. Windows 10 even communicates to Russian sites regularly behind your back. I have captured documents that were scheduled to be sent out to Russia. I can do that because i have the expertise but the average joe has no clue how to check on such things let alone know it is happening to them.

I believe the real reason Bill Gates gave over the helm of Microsoft to another is that he knew of this developing trend and wanted no part of it.

Just check out the 'AllSeen' movement Microsoft is now proudly a part of.
I kind of relate, except my computer background is in COBOL, IMS DB/DC and CICS. You could pick that up in the early 60's and enjoy your career with little ongoing education right up to to day if in the right market. :)

I got out because there were too many Indians doing the work for a fifth the price. I went into a communication intensive branch of IT. I'll be ready to retire in two years, if I want to. This thing built up to a nice six figure income for a while, but backed off a little. And all on a Ten month, four night a week COBOL course in 1982 for $2,700. No college.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
god will say me i am sinning? maybe usa law says: "you shall not use an adblock in your computer"
but the same usa law lets people use copyrighted images for personal use
the law of iran says grown up men marry children

so, the law of god maybe doesn't let you use copyrighted images for personal use, it's just what the USA law says but not the truth

We should obey the laws of our government unless they contradict Gods commands.

Romans 13:1-6

Let everyone be subject to the governing authorities, for there is no authority except that which God has established. The authorities that exist have been established by God. 2 Consequently, whoever rebels against the authority is rebelling against what God has instituted, and those who do so will bring judgment on themselves. 3 For rulers hold no terror for those who do right, but for those who do wrong. Do you want to be free from fear of the one in authority? Then do what is right and you will be commended. 4 For the one in authority is God’s servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for rulers do not bear the sword for no reason. They are God’s servants, agents of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer. 5 Therefore, it is necessary to submit to the authorities, not only because of possible punishment but also as a matter of conscience.

6 This is also why you pay taxes, for the authorities are God’s servants, who give their full time to governing. 7 Give to everyone what you owe them: If you owe taxes, pay taxes; if revenue, then revenue; if respect, then respect; if honor, then honor

Upvote 0

Rajni

☯ Ego ad Eum pertinent ☯
Site Supporter
Dec 26, 2007
Visit site
✟1,242,108.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Single
god will say me i am sinning? maybe usa law says: "you shall not use an adblock in your computer"

so, the law of god maybe doesn't let you use copyrighted images for personal use, it's just what the USA law says but not the truth
It is no more unlawful or unethical to use an ad-blocker than it is to leave
the room when a commercial comes on the television, or to switch stations
when an ad comes on the radio.

-

• Agree
Reactions: Aldebaran
Upvote 0

Aldebaran

NCC-1701-A
Christian Forums Staff
Purple Team - Moderator
Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2009
Wisconsin, United States of America
✟653,103.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
-

I explained that to him in post #66, and he responded in #68 that TV isn't the same as internet. He never explained how they're different.

Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
we are not talking if it's illegal or not
is it illegal in iran to marry a 10yo child? no
but your conscience?
Girls who get pregnant before the age of 15 are more likely to give birth to premature, underweight babies. Babies born early are often slow to develop physically and mentally. These premature babies are more likely to have physical problems, fail in school and need disability assistance as adults.

Adults have been arrested for having sex with children in the United States.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Buzz_B

Oct 15, 2017
Northwest Ohio
✟13,943.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
I kind of relate, except my computer background is in COBOL, IMS DB/DC and CICS. You could pick that up in the early 60's and enjoy your career with little ongoing education right up to to day if in the right market. :)

I got out because there were too many Indians doing the work for a fifth the price. I went into a communication intensive branch of IT. I'll be ready to retire in two years, if I want to. This thing built up to a nice six figure income for a while, but backed off a little. And all on a Ten month, four night a week COBOL course in 1982 for $2,700. No college.
Yes, obsoletion happens in the world of IT Techs, too, however, depending upon which road they pursue. Just because one has a long stretch of career success does not guarantee what tomorrow holds.

I had followed the footsteps of my father who was a ham radio operator back in the days before WWII when they built all their own radios and even equipment from scratch. He lied about his age at Seventeen so that he could continue his career in the US Army as an electronics technician and then after the war was over he came out and got his first class radio/telephone license and radar endorsements so as to continue his work as a civilian. He yet did contract work for the US Coast Guard as well for civilian police and fire and so forth. I used to go to work with him quite frequently and it was really intriguing to me. I was his gofor. I learned all his equipment and components by name in very short order so that if he was on a ship or wherever else, i could run back to his vehicle and retrieve what he needed. Except of course when we had to fly to get to a site. Then I would help him carry what he needed as best I could.

That history with my father made it all the harder on me when I got older and had to defend my mother from his drunken brawling. Hey, but nobody ever promised us a rose garden in this life. The Bible speaks it honestly when it says that a man's days are short and filled with vexation.

I did not push the programming end and that was where i made my mistake. But I did not think that there would ever come a time when they would not need hardware component level troubleshooter/repair technicians. (Board pushers are not really technicians in the old school's opinion. And there are too few of such jobs available to the quote unquote, "Over Qualified.') By the time I realized what was happening I was so burdened with struggling to support my family that I had little time or money to turn the situation around. I ended up abandoning electronics all together and a friend began teaching me the building construction trade where i could get paid while i learned.

Back in 2011 I had built up a tower purchased in pieces from Tiger Direct. I put an AMD Quad Core processor in it and 16 gig of ram but not long after I began getting attacks from off the Internet which caused me all sorts of grief. I used programs which I had bought through a malware company to track down the source of those attacks. I narrowed it down to a certain IT Tech ( a female) whom I had ticked off during a conversation. I tracked right to her station number and the exact time so that I was able to find out the name of the person working that particular station at that time. I reported her and for a little while all seemed to be solved. But then I received a phone call all apologetic from another IT tech who said he worked for Microsoft. He encouraged me to update my bios, explaining the new benefits i would experience and the upgrades it would enable me to further make. I foolishly listened to him and when he put an update shortcut on my desktop flashing at me I trustingly clicked on it. You can probably guess the rest of the story. It killed my bios and I had no way to recover it short of expensive equipment to flash the chip's infrared window which I did not own. Nor did I have the proper programming codes. All the money I had spent on that new board went right out the window. So, no offense intended, but I do not so quickly trust IT Techs anymore. I know that they are but human like everyone else and we have no way to really know who we are dealing with.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Why? A site gets revenue from advertising basically due to post count. Maybe you could explain how ad blocker causes loss of revenue. For me I don't mind advertising. When it makes a site very unusable, then I have a problem. Another problem with ads is the virus that come with many of them. Been to the 'puter shop more than once. They run several virus removal programs in couple days. So yes I rent my puter from them via the fees I pay for service because of unethical people. It's cheaper than buying several virus programs. I won't click on one no matter what. If I can't find the parties selling with google or some other way their ad fails to do its job.

bugkiller

Upvote 0

bugkiller

May 16, 2015
✟80,400.00
Faith
Non-Denom

-
Or how about throwing away all that junk mail without reading it? My mother is giving thousands to fraudulent charities.

bugkiller

• Agree
Upvote 0