want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
god will say me i am sinning? maybe usa law says: "you shall not use an adblock in your computer"
but the same usa law lets people use copyrighted images for personal use
the law of iran says grown up men marry children

so, the law of god maybe doesn't let you use copyrighted images for personal use, it's just what the USA law says but not the truth

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
god will say me i am sinning? maybe usa law says: "you shall not use an adblock in your computer"

so, the law of god maybe doesn't let you use copyrighted images for personal use, it's just what the USA law says but not the truth

According to Jesus, we should follow local laws.
Scripture says all government is from God's permission.

Upvote 0

AlexDTX

Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
✟328,934.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

No, it is not illegal, nor is it unethical. You are under no obligation to view ads. Advertisement is a business paradigm. So are copyrights.

Upvote 0

Brotherly Spirit

Site Supporter
Feb 22, 2017
Virginia
✟224,439.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If it was illegal, I don't think it be as widely available as an add-on/extension for browsers. But I personally decided I shouldn't use it; I don't want to take potential revenue from sites dependent upon advertisements.

• Agree
Reactions: Sarah G
Upvote 0

EastCoastRemnant

I Must Decrease That He May Increase
Site Supporter
Dec 8, 2010
Nova Scotia
✟188,109.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
No, it is not illegal, nor is it unethical. You are under no obligation to view ads. Advertisement is a business paradigm. So are copyrights.
When you boil it down, it's all God's anyways...He gives men the talents they employ for such things.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
There's no law saying you have to view ads. The site knows whether you use a blocker, and can deny access if it chooses. So you're not taking anything from them.

Most ad blockers allow exclusions, so you can support the sites you choose to. All in all, it's not a bad system, and everyone gets freedom of choice.

Or again, you can block the ads, and then donate directly to the site to support them. In effect, you're voluntarily paying for the privilege of not seeing ads.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There's no law saying you have to view ads. The site knows whether you use a blocker, and can deny access if it chooses. So you're not taking anything from them.

Most ad blockers allow exclusions, so you can support the sites you choose to. All in all, it's not a bad system, and everyone gets freedom of choice.

Or again, you can block the ads, and then donate directly to the site to support them. In effect, you're voluntarily paying for the privilege of not seeing ads.
what if Donald Trump makes illegal adblocker?

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
what if Donald Trump makes illegal adblocker?
Can you give a little context for your question? Because alone, it seems beyond bizarre, especially considering that I just said using ad blockers is not illegal.

Upvote 0

paul1149

Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Apparently, you are referring to the hypothetical existence of an unjust law. Thankfully, we have legal remedies in this nation for dealing with such laws, but they are not perfect, nor are they always quick. In the event of an unjust law, you will have to use your Biblically-informed conscience to figure out how to deal with it. There are examples on both sides of the fence in the Bible.

• Winner
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can you give a little context for your question? Because alone, it seems beyond bizarre, especially considering that I just said using ad blockers is not illegal.
I think he's using something like google translate...

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

want-love

Dec 17, 2016
united states
✟36,489.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
don't call bizarre what i said, it's disgusting to read you like that
i am saying maybe it's not illegal to use an adblocker but in the law of your conscience? the law of god, the ethic

the owners of this forum depend from the ads, even they offer paind membership to block the ads, and you are blocking them with an adblocker

Upvote 0

Almost there

Oct 24, 2017
Kentucky
✟44,542.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0