Is it "controversial" for pastors to disagree with COVID-19 church closures?

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
While the bible states that poison will not hurt you and that snakes will not kill you

14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.

It's not saying go out and be stupid about it.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
While the bible states that poison will not hurt you and that snakes will not kill you

14 Afterward he appeared to the eleven themselves as they were reclining at table, and he rebuked them for their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they had not believed those who saw him after he had risen. 15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation. 16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: in my name they will cast out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up serpents with their hands; and if they drink any deadly poison, it will not hurt them; they will lay their hands on the sick, and they will recover.

It's not saying go out and be stupid about it.

God has power over plagues no doubt, but when such a time comes when you offer your body to the dreaded beast it will certainly not be men who cause either the pains or sores to break out on people who are deceived by them.

Just sayin' ^_^

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
God has power over plagues no doubt, but when such a time comes when you offer your body to the dreaded beast it will certainly not be men who cause either the pains or sores to break out on people who are deceived by them.

Just sayin' ^_^
And just who said I'm offering my body to the beast?
That's mighty close to a personal attack on this forum.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What are you talking about? I am talking about the book not you, I dont even know you.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,664.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes - meaning what?
That trained and reputable pharmacists are sorcerers? My niece will be delighted that she worked her socks off at uni when she could have just read a couple of Harry Potter books.
That those who need medication are taking part in witchcraft? What evidence is there for that ridiculous suggestion?

Dr. Rand Paul reveals NIH funding for "Gain of Function" research, which makes viruses more pathogenic. Some of that research was performed at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did you not post

"You" is speaking of "people"

God has power over plagues no doubt (agrees with Gods power) but when (speaking of a particar time) such a time comes (the time in the future scriptures speaks of) when you (not you personally) offer your body (not yours personally) to the dreaded beast (making reference to the book of Revelation) it will certainly not be men who cause either the pains or sores (as is metioned in the book of revelation) to break out on people (plurally) who are deceived by them.

Is that better for you?

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I do not know because I did not, only time could tell if you would.

If only false accusations were treated equally

Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I had forgotten to post that Tucker Carlson clip

I dont agree with his open though

Heres the article he mentions in the clip

Origin of Covid — Following the Clues

If anything good could come out of this mess, all labs using "gain-of-function" research should be inspected and permanently shut down.

Otherwise, one of these modern Dr. Frankensteins may produce a virus which could wipe out almost the entire human population.

A number of years ago virologists went to Alaska and dug down into the permafrost to find bodies of those killed by the 1918 Spanish Flu. Core samples were taken, and the virus was isolated. These scientists claimed they needed to study the virus in case a similar viral outbreak occurs in the future.
I had to wonder if they failed to see the movie "Jurassic Park", which is a work of fiction but contains many vital lessons.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If anything good could come out of this mess, all labs using "gain-of-function" research should be inspected and permanently shut down.

Otherwise, one of these modern Dr. Frankensteins may produce a virus which could wipe out almost the entire human population.

A number of years ago virologists went to Alaska and dug down into the permafrost to find bodies of those killed by the 1918 Spanish Flu. Core samples were taken, and the virus was isolated. These scientists claimed they needed to study the virus in case a similar viral outbreak occurs in the future.
I had to wonder if they failed to see the movie "Jurassic Park", which is a work of fiction but contains many vital lessons.

I do agree with that.

Maybe if they do something a little more beneficial than creating problem/ sicknesses (using other peoples money) while at the same time cashing in big on creation of the solution/ the vaccines.

Just seems a little "off" if you ask me.

Don't want to be "too conspiratorial" because it could just be "too coincidental"

I don't understand where a good intention is to be found in the aim of making a disease or virus more contagious and deadly to humans. It seems little bit nefarious.

Imagine having a kid, who is into science, and your little scientist comes home school and expresses a desire to make the common cold far more deadlier and contagious to the average person, whats a mother think? Wouldn't any decent one ask, "Is there is good or moral reason to undertake such an endeaver"?

• Winner
Reactions: BABerean2
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Rand Paul reveals NIH funding for "Gain of Function" research, which makes viruses more paton, ask for medical advi=cehogenic. Some of that research was performed at UNC-Chapel Hill.

Sorry, but could you just answer my questions without posting Youtube clips that I have no interest in watching?

1) If someone is not a Christian, is it wrong/sinful to buy goods from them, listen to music they play/compose, read their books or anything else?
2)One of your posts seemed to link this to the Beast, or the sign of the Beast; how are they connected?
3) is it wrong, or sinful, to visit a pharmacy to buy medication, ask for medical advice or get a prescription made up? How is this connected to witchcraft?
4) Are pharmacists, therefore, evil/sinful or connected with the occult? Why else would you have written a post which suggested this?

I go by Scripture, not Youtube.

Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is taking reasonable precautions against infections wrong?
In the OT people who had certain conditions were quarantined for a certain period of time to prevent the spread of the conditions.

I missed this one, Del Alte which disease did Asa have in his feet that he should have sought to the LORD for and not physicians?

2Ch 16:12 And Asa in the thirty and ninth year of his reign was diseased in his feet, until his disease was exceeding great: yet in his disease he sought not to the LORD, but to the physicians.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are pharmacists, therefore, evil/sinful or connected with the occult?

Mustard Gas used during WW1 was not dispensed by pharmacists.

Zyklon B used during WW2 was not dispensed by pharmacists.

Crystal Meth and Crack Cocaine are not dispensed by pharmacists.

If a virology lab produces a deadly virus, it will not be dispensed by pharmacists.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married

If a virology lab produces a deadly virus, it will not be dispensed by pharmacists.

Truth is often not found in neat packaging or easily categorized (IOW - "this group has truth" VS "this group are liars and cons").

BABerean2.....it was actually you who first mentioned to me about the recent news on Ravi Zacharias. He had cloaked a dark secret for years (most likely because people dismissed the possibility based on the category they placed him in).

I thought this was a helpful discussion on that topic (this is long - almost an hour, I think):

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Site Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Truth is often not found in neat packaging or easily categorized (IOW - "this group has truth" VS "this group are liars and cons").

BABerean2.....it was actually you who first mentioned to me about the recent news on Ravi Zacharias. He had cloaked a dark secret for years (most likely because people dismissed the possibility based on the category they placed him in).

I thought this was a helpful discussion on that topic (this is long - almost an hour, I think):

A number of years ago I attended a conference at Northside Baptist Church in Charlotte, NC.

Josh McDowell was the featured speaker that night.

I developed the following handout with the help of a book Josh wrote.

------------------------------------------------------------

Can we prove that Jesus is the Messiah promised in the Old Testament Hebrew Scriptures?

Prophecy ------> Fulfillment

1. Born of Seed of the Woman: Genesis 3:15, Galatians 4:4

2. Born of a Virgin: Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:18, 24-25

3. Son of God: Psalm 2:7, Matthew 3:17

4. Seed of Abraham: Genesis 22:18, Matthew 1:1

5. Son of Isaac: Genesis 21:12, Luke 3:23, 34

6. Son of Jacob: Numbers 24:17, Luke 3:23, 34

7. Tribe of Judah: Genesis 49:10, Luke 3:23, 34

8. Family line of Jesse: Isaiah 11:1, Luke 3:23, 32

9. House of David: Jeremiah 23:5, Luke 3:23, 31

10. Born at Bethlehem: Micah 5:2, Matthew 2:1

11. Presented with Gifts: Psalm 72:10, Matthew 2:1, 11

12. Herod Kills Children: Jeremiah 31:15, Matthew 2:16

13. His Pre-Existence: Micah 5:2, Colossians 1:17

14. Shall Be Immanuel (God with Us): Isaiah 7:14, Matthew 1:23

15. Preceded by Messenger: Isaiah 40:3, Matthew 3:1-2

16. Entered Jerusalem on Donkey: Zechariah 9:9, Luke 19:35-37

17. Sold for Thirty Pieces of Silver: Zechariah 11:12, Matthew 26:15

18. Price Thrown for Potter’s field: Zechariah 11:13, Matthew 27:5, 7

19. Silent Before Accusers: Isaiah 53:7, Matthew 27:12

20. Wounded and Bruised: Isaiah 53:5, Matthew 27:26

21. Crucified with Thieves: Isaiah 53:12, Matthew 27:38

22. Garments Parted and Lots Cast: Psalm 22:14, John 19:23-24

23. His Forsaken Cry: Psalm 22:1, Matthew 27:46

24. Bones Not Broken: Psalm 34:20, John 19:33

25. His Side Pierced: Zechariah 12:10, John 19:34-37

26. Fulfilled the New Covenant: Jeremiah 31:31-34, Hebrews 8:6-13, 10:16-18, 12:22-24

27. Messiah killed: Daniel 9:24-27, John 19:18-30

Adapted from the book… “The New Evidence That Demands a Verdict” by Josh McDowell.

Josh McDowell set out to prove that Christianity was false.

Because of what he found in his research, he became a Christian.

The same thing happened to C.S. Lewis, and Lee Stroebel.

The probability of any man fulfilling just 8 of these is 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. (17 zeros)

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Site Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
The probability of any man fulfilling just 8 of these is 1 in 100,000,000,000,000,000. (17 zeros)
Exactly.

The problem is.....a lot of evangelical Christians aren't looking to Jesus for truth....they're looking at our modern preachers for that (even if they say things that contradict things Jesus said or how He behaved). I'm certain RZ had similar teaching about proof that Jesus was the anticipated Hebrew Messiah

Last edited:
Upvote 0

2BeholdHisGlory

Still on vacation!
Mar 20, 2021
Outer Space
✟11,791.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Dr. Rand Paul asks the difficult questions about Dr. Fauci's association with the research performed at the Wuhan Lab of Virology:

Nothing to see here.

Nothing that justifies a lack of confidence in these people^_^

May this worldwide experiment be more ethical than the whole Tuskegee experiment.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,053,856.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

So .....?

Upvote 0