Is it "controversial" for pastors to disagree with COVID-19 church closures?

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you trying to claim that those who have this vaccine are bowing down to an image of another god?
Nonsense.

No.

However, are they bowing down to the dictates of a man who has never acknowledged Christ to the best of my knowledge?

1Jn 2:22 Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.
1Jn 2:23 Whoever denies the Son does not have the Father either; he who acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain...
(He has now appointed himself to be the Global Health Czar, with no medical degree.)

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,298.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No.

However, are they bowing down to the dictates of a man who has never acknowledged Christ to the best of my knowledge?

What's somebody's personal faith got to do with their ability to do their job?
Are you saying that if we get food, medicine, clothes, books etc etc from people who aren't Christians and haven't acknowledged Christ, that makes us sinners, somehow?

• Winner
Reactions: mkgal1
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What's somebody's personal faith got to do with their ability to do their job?
Are you saying that if we get food, medicine, clothes, books etc etc from people who aren't Christians and haven't acknowledged Christ, that makes us sinners, somehow?

You should ask that question of the Christians who lived in Germany during the reign of Hitler.

Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,041,298.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You should ask that question of the Christians who lived in Germany during the reign of Hitler.

I'm asking you.
Should we abstain from medical/dental treatment, or from buying food, clothes etc from people if they are not Christians? What about music/books - supposing the composer/author wasn't a Christian?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

His perfect way sets me free. 2 Samuel 22:33
Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Do I believe what the CDC says?

At one point Dr. Anthony Fauci said wearing masks was not necessary.

Later Dr. Fauci recommended wearing two masks.

Now Dr. Fauci says those who have survived an infection and those who have been fully vaccinated still need to wear a mask. However, he has no science to back up his claims.
I wasn't aware that Fauci and the CDC are the same thing/same entity?

The hair salon industry is probably the best case study as they know who comes in (no one is allowed in without an appointment that's for their self) they're doing health assessments and taking temperatures and everyone inside the building is always wearing a mask (unless you're Nancy Pelosi) and everything is sanitized after and/or before each client. There have been exactly zero cases of covid transmission in a hair salon that's following these standards (that I'm aware of). Zero.....all across the United States. None.

https://behindthechair.com/articles/your-state-by-state-guide-for-salons-reopening/

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Ahhhh......so here we have a bit of truth showing. It's the "us" vs "them" club membership mentality. Only club member's voices are heard. Those without the secret password aren't listened to or given any credit.

Do you only see Christian physicians? You do realize that God is bigger than religion....right? No one variety holds all truth....especially topics outside of religion.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
My respirator mask passes OSHA regulations, and theirs does not.
There are different kinds of masks.
COVID-19 and Your Health. <-------mask info

We are wearing masks that are minimizing the number of potential covid droplets to be in the air + distancing and washing our hands. There's no reason for paint respirators. That's absurd and not even relevant.

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
We are wearing masks that are minimizing the number of potential covid droplets to be in the air + distancing and washing our hands. There's no reason for paint respirators. That's absurd and not even relevant.

Actually some health care professionals have worn the type of mask I am referring to.

Therefore, it is not absurd.

Nurse reviews different types of masks for COVID protection:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dkh587

Supporter
Jun 6, 2014
Southeast
✟552,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

You’ll never convince them. They believe the narrative, and you won’t change their minds.

• Haha
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Actually some health care professionals have worn the type of mask I am referring to.
Yes......it's still absurd.

Some health care professionals also say the world-wide pandemic was a hoax.....and, IMO, their licenses (IF they truly had one) should be revoked.

If they aren't properly licensed then that should also be addressed.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟728,043.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
The sheer volume of people who would rather believe some anti-vax meme their relative posted on Facebook rather than data-driven and demonstrably reliable medical science is both staggering and terrifying.

-CryptoLutheran

• Winner
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The sheer volume of people who would rather believe some anti-vax meme their relative posted on Facebook rather than data-driven and demonstrably reliable medical science is both staggering and terrifying.

-CryptoLutheran

I took the Tetanus vaccine when I had a severe cut, so I am not "anti-vax".

My Masters degree is in Biology, so I understand the immunity process and the production of vaccines.

However, I also know the mRNA COVID-19 vaccines have been approved for "Emergency Use Only", instead of the normal FDA process.

When a computer geek like Bill Gates comes up with a plan to vaccinate the whole world, and give each person a unique number, please excuse some of us for not wanting to go along with the Gates plan.

Gates recently announced he was divorcing his wife, Melinda.
Apparently, spraying Calcium Carbonate into the atmosphere and running the whole planet is going to be a Full-Time job, which will leave little time for a wife.

Reactions: Dkh587
Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When a computer geek like Bill Gates comes up with a plan to vaccinate the whole world, and give each person a unique number, please excuse some of us for not wanting to go along with the Gates plan.

Gates recently announced he was divorcing his wife, Melinda.
Apparently, spraying Calcium Carbonate into the atmosphere and running the whole planet is going to be a Full-Time job, which will leave little time for a wife.
Conspiracy theories?

And who is accusing whom of "living in fear"?
Maybe actual news instead of Qanon should be turned to and relied on?

There's more to testing the truth than whether or not the source has said the secret password that gets them in the American Christian "club". Plenty of liars are in that "club" - likewise.....truth can be found in other places and from other sources.

It's cults that warn "beware of the outside world - they're 'evil'" all the while - they're hiding more than their share of "evil" on the inside (Ravi Zacharias, Carl Lenz, David Siefert, Josh Duggar for some examples). It's becoming very clear to me that mainstream evangelical Christianity in the US is largely becoming (has already become?) .....a cult.

This was produced 3 years ago, but truth remains true.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There's more to testing the truth than whether or not the source has said the secret password that gets them in the American Christian "club". Plenty of liars are in that "club" - likewise.....truth can be found in other places and from other sources.

It's cults that warn "beware of the outside world - they're 'evil'" all the while - they're hiding more than their share of "evil" on the inside (Ravi Zacharias, Carl Lenz, David Siefert, Josh Duggar for some examples). It's becoming very clear to me that mainstream evangelical Christianity in the US is largely becoming (has already become?) .....a cult.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with most of what you said above, and much of what is in the video.

Any person who hired an attorney to make payments to a Playmate and a inappropriate contento Queen to hide his adultery has revealed his relationship with God.

Many members of both political parties in the United States fail to live up to the principles found in the New Testament.

When the Democrat Convention met in Charlotte a few year ago they voted to take God out of their party platform.

How do the Christians in your nation measure up when it comes to politics?

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Many members of both political parties in the United States fail to live up to the principles found in the New Testament.
.....but that was never an expectation! We (the United States) are not a theocracy.

The United States was founded on freedom of religion. Remember? They were escaping the forced religious system imposed on people by the English government in the 1700s (forgive me if I'm a bit "off" - history never used to be of interest to me, but with the recent attempts at re-writing history, I've come to realize the importance). Remember the Crusades? Spanish Inquisitions? Burning at the stake for not locking in step in conformity of the mandated religion?

However.....my question is....why are so many modern pastors and evangelical celebrity figures failing to live up to the principles of the New Testament? That *should be* an expectation.

Upvote 0

mkgal1

Supporter
Jun 22, 2007
California
✟551,233.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
When the Democrat Convention met in Charlotte a few year ago they voted to take God out of their party platform
Where are you getting this from?

.....and what happened January 6th at our Capitol? Was God included in that - do you suppose?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Where are you getting this from?

Listen to the voice vote from the floor of that convention in the video below.
It is supposed to take a 2/3 majority for a measure to pass.

Voice Vote at Democratic Party Convention in Charlotte:

Upvote 0

BABerean2

Supporter
May 21, 2014
North Carolina
✟893,665.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm asking you.
Should we abstain from medical/dental treatment, or from buying food, clothes etc from people if they are not Christians? What about music/books - supposing the composer/author wasn't a Christian?

2Jn 1:7 For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.
2Jn 1:8 Look to yourselves, that we do not lose those things we worked for, but that we may receive a full reward.
2Jn 1:9 Whoever transgresses and does not abide in the doctrine of Christ does not have God. He who abides in the doctrine of Christ has both the Father and the Son.
2Jn 1:10 If anyone comes to you and does not bring this doctrine, do not receive him into your house nor greet him;
2Jn 1:11 for he who greets him shares in his evil deeds.

Upvote 0