Status
Not open for further replies.

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
Doodlebops, anyone? My three year old is stuck on the same 20 minute episode over and over and over...

"Let's get on the bus!" Arggghhh!

LOL- I loathe Doodlebops, and since we don't have cable--they've never made their way into our home :thumbsup:

DOn't get me wrong--my 3 year old is obsessed with Dora....and they alllove old Spidey cartoons and Tom and Jerry and stuff.

I was just thinking yesterday that it was the right time in our life to bring in Animaniacs and Tiny Toons.

Upvote 0

darby8

4th Degree Knight
Feb 11, 2004
✟8,289.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I got rid of cable when Joey turned one. There's too much junk out there and the cost continues to go up. I believe in DVDs. We have a one-episode DVD of the Doodlebops he got with a toy.

I endorse PBS. It worked for me. I miss old school Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers, and Electric Company. I found them on DVD, too. I like DVDs.

Upvote 0

ShannonMcCatholic

I swallowed a bug
Feb 2, 2004
✟30,743.00
Faith
Catholic
I got rid of cable when Joey turned one. There's too much junk out there and the cost continues to go up. I believe in DVDs. We have a one-episode DVD of the Doodlebops he got with a toy.

I endorse PBS. It worked for me. I miss old school Sesame Street, Mr. Rodgers, and Electric Company. I found them on DVD, too. I like DVDs.
My kiddos are, as of late, obsessed with a PBS show called Fetch.

T of course, likes NOVA.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
LOL- I loathe Doodlebops, and since we don't have cable--they've never made their way into our home :thumbsup:

DOn't get me wrong--my 3 year old is obsessed with Dora....and they alllove old Spidey cartoons and Tom and Jerry and stuff.

I was just thinking yesterday that it was the right time in our life to bring in Animaniacs and Tiny Toons.
I loved animanics! i had the comic books and the nintendo game too.

my kid likes Elmo and Backyardigans

Upvote 0

vle045

Veteran
Nov 28, 2007
Ohio
✟10,021.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have the Sesame Street Old School Volume two on DVD. That's about the time I was that age. I have to tell ya, it's actually better now. My kid showed zero interest in the old eps (prior to Elmo). He loves the current Sesame Street. And it's also interesting to see a lot of the same real-life actors on there, like Gordon, Bob, Luis and Maria.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
When you don't have cable (like me), your choices are limited, but you can still find some cool stuff.

I love the costumes they use in the hispanic Sesame Street. Big Bird is covered in different colors like a Central American parrot. I hope that doesn't sound bad, it's the only way I can describe it.

I'm addicted to PBS. I like the cooking shows, the heirloom appraisals, the documentaries, like the series on the immigration and assimilation of Jews in 20th century America, and nature shows, like the series they had on the evolution and roles of dogs.

I'm also addicted to Fox, though. I'm constantly watching The Simpsons, Family Guy, American Dad and King of the Hill. I don't know what says about me. I think I'm still a pretty good guy.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
That show about the Jews in America was awesome!

I'm pretty addicted to Frontline and POV.
Oh, I forgot to mention that I like watching the BBC news. The other political shows on PBS I can take or leave. I'm usually watching The Simpsons, CSI or SVU instead. :holy:

Upvote 0

colleen

We are an Easter people!
Mar 8, 2002
✟21,098.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
If it makes you feel any better I can't remember the first time I saw Halloween and Jason I was that young.

As far as my kiddos I'm finding copies of the puppet version (not the silly cartoon version) of the letter people. I loved that show, and it taught me tons about grammar.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.