Is it a bad idea to ask out my one of my best friends that's in my same youth group?

Apr 30, 2011
Nebraska
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've had a giant crush on the girl who made me faithful to God. I can't express my gratitude and respect towards this girl. But I feel like God gives me signs to ask her out and I'm not sure if God works in that way or not. She's one of the best looking girls in my school, ask any guy that goes there and they will agree. I've never been serious with girls, so I keep doubting myself. Should I risk a good friendship by asking her out and possibly getting rejected or accepted, or should I just continue to ignore what I think might be signs from God????:confused:

religious&reasonable

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Feb 16, 2011
✟8,589.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Depends, Is taking the chance of possibly going out with her and dating her worth the risk of permanantely awkardizing a good friendship? It's a tough decision, If I was in your position I don't know what I would do.

Try to find out how she feels about you first.

Truth be told, once you're in the "friend" zone, it's really hard to get out.

You might wanna get a lot of opinions on this.

Upvote 0

Katarinea

eagerly waiting for heaven
Feb 13, 2011
West Virginia
✟7,693.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Engaged
First, pray about it. If you feel as if God would have you to date her, bring it up to her and ask her to pray about it to. Then, if you both feel it's a good idea, enter into the relationship carefully. I know that often times people who are best friends make the best couples, because they're already compatible with each other on a fairly intimate level.

Upvote 0

DigiDigi

I Use Portals
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
If you feel that strongly about anybody and you have the best, most positive intentions for romance, then you should go for it.

You fear rejection if you are unaware if she even has interest in you. If she shows even the slightest sign of interest towards you, take time to investigate and observe her body language towards you then you'll have a better idea of her opinion of you. If she seems flirty towards only you, for example, then this is a good sign for a romantic relationship. So if your not 100% positive that she has even the slightest interest in you, then take your time and grow your relationship.

EDIT: @OP-- I can help you more if you give me more detail on your situation. So if you can PM me then I'll be sure to get back to you and give you reliable advice.

Upvote 0

help_the_lord

Everything tastes better with cheese
Dec 15, 2009
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Its just like any other situation you have to follow the dictates of your heart.. if thats where your heart is leading you.. you need to follow it.. however if its another part of your anatomy thats leading you there, thats when you shouldn't follow..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
Apr 30, 2011
Nebraska
✟7,651.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I would like to thank everyone so far for the comments. BUT...(@itisdeliciouscake) I'm not trying to start a fight or even be rude, but I'm not just LOOKING for signs from God. When something weird or bizzarre happens that makes me have to sit down and think about it, that's when I think there's a POSSIBLE sign from God. Maybe I'm getting signs from God, maybe I'm not and its just what my heart wants to believe. Who knows? I guess I'll just have to find out myself and my answer will be solved. In more ways than one...

Upvote 0

DigiDigi

I Use Portals
Mar 24, 2011
Visit site
✟15,288.00
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Green
God is described by the prophet Elijah as the sound of silence, not a great force or anything extravagant. Stop looking, your not going to find him because scientists will find him before you can if that was the case. You will feel Him as love if that's how you'd like to look at it, He's a subjective concept.

Upvote 0

help_the_lord

Dec 15, 2009
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I need to speak on the thing about signs.. Many times in my life recently *within the last 2 years* God has given me some incredible signs... up to and including letters sent to me from churchs I've never attended with inspired writing that ended up coming to pass in my life.. With that being said if you pray for a sign you may or may not get one.. that doesn't mean you wont get signs.. You just need to be open to them when they appear.

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I might be in a minority but a few years ago I asked out a girl from my church, she said no, and within a few weeks it all went back to normal and we are still good friends.

I guess I probably should've worded more like "come to grips with the fact that no matter what happens the relationship will most likely be changed forever."

Upvote 0

itisdeliciouscake

Deus est regit qui omnia
Apr 14, 2008
Indiana
✟11,689.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
I would like to thank everyone so far for the comments. BUT...(@itisdeliciouscake) I'm not trying to start a fight or even be rude, but I'm not just LOOKING for signs from God. When something weird or bizzarre happens that makes me have to sit down and think about it, that's when I think there's a POSSIBLE sign from God. Maybe I'm getting signs from God, maybe I'm not and its just what my heart wants to believe. Who knows? I guess I'll just have to find out myself and my answer will be solved. In more ways than one...

you're seeing signs because you're looking for them

God doesn't care that much about who you date... as long you're equally yoked, she's a "she", and you enjoy being with her, you're allowed to, you can ask her out...

people look for signs when it comes to dating because typically they're too cowardly to just ask a girl they like out... they wait until they're convinced "she's the one" (cuz of the tickle in their toes... forced coincidences... etc.) then ask her out, get rejected, then are extremely confused about why God "told them" to ask her out.

you'll make life a heck of a lot easier if you stop looking for signs and just do something. be decisive. take risks. love God. do what you want.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

help_the_lord

Dec 15, 2009
✟15,830.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I can speak from experience that you usually end up falling in love with a girl that is like your best friend.. that your also very attracted to.. so if she posesses all of this.. and feels the same way about u.. ur likely meant to be.. with that being said its essential to find out her side of things to see if its just u or not.. if u dont you'll always regret what might of been

Upvote 0