Is Hentai a Sin? Can Christians Watch It?

Lucent

For the Birds
Mar 3, 2004
Texas
✟622.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
The only reason anyone would watch hentai is to see naked male/famale characters in sexual situations. That is exactly the same as watching live action, the motivation is the same, it's just different taste.

So I guess the answer to your question is: Is it bad to want to watch characters in a live action movie have sex for little to no reason?

*Note* If you are watching it for the storyline, then you are in the clear. :doh:

*Note 2* Man, I hope that everyone gets that the storyline thing is a joke. :sorry:

Upvote 0

Judges19

Dec 15, 2004
✟130.00
Faith
Christian
But since Jesus died for our sins doesn't that excuse us? Would that be dependand on if you believe in limited atonement, I mean it does only say "many". If Jesus did die for our sins then why do believers go to hell, not believing is a sin. Well, no matter the answer to that did Jesus died for our sins and if so does that mean he'd die for any sort of lust sin. If I were to watch some hentai like Bible Black, Elfen Princess, Elven Bride, which does have quite a nice story to it, I'd called Elven Bride an anime with nudity, like GitS, but back on topic, Were-Sl*t, Sl*t Girl, etcetera. Would that make you a sinner if you then confessed after? God's forgiving so he would forgive you right? If you did it again would he forgive you, I mean he forgives people multiple times for lying so why not hentai? Anyway, isn't the whole point that you believe, why should it matter if what you watch carries with it intense sexual conflict.

If the medical world labels people who can get off to pre-pubescent children as normal and not pedophiles, because pedos have intense recurring sexual fantasies about them and a sexual drive aimed toward pre-pubescents, then doesn't that mean that just because you watch hentai you're not lustful, you just happened to watch hentai. If I watch Braveheart and see a murder take place I'm not a murderer, the analogy's a bit harsh but the point is clear, understand and performing an act are two different things.

Upvote 0

Dracil

Dec 25, 2003
San Francisco
✟16,707.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I think you're missing repentance in the equation. It doesn't mean a lot if you confess and don't really mean it and expect to go straight back to doing it. There's a difference between intentionally having that thought, and involuntarily being weak and getting drawn back with the intention of not to do so. Furthermore, I believe committing a sin with the thought that you can just go confess later is itself also a sin, a sort of derivation from the sin of presumption and pride.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

coreXian

Dec 16, 2004
Visit site
✟261.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In addition, just because you don't do something physically doesn't mean you're innocent of sin. Matthew 5:28 (NIV) - "But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart." It's your purpose for looking at it that matters and how you respond.

Dracil is correct, as well. Repentance is way more than just confession of sins.

Upvote 0

Paddy the Irishman

Jun 28, 2004
Dirty South, Auckland, NZ
Visit site
✟7,709.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
Repentance is to turn away from the sin, completely turn your life around, change your way of thinking, habit patterns and mind set....it is stated claerly in Romans 12:1-2.

But since Jesus died for our sins doesn't that excuse us?
Just becoz Jesus died for our sins doesn't mean that we can go on sinning and think that He's going to welcome us into heaven with open arms. Yes we are saved by grace but then we have to work.....if we work in sin our wage is death, if we work not in sin our wage is life.
Ezekiel 3:19
If you warn them and they keep on sinning and refuse to repent, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved your life because you did what you were told to do.

Sin seperates us from God....if we die still not repentant of our sins our judgement is eternal damnation, eternal seperation from God! Does that sound like fun? no.

There are a few and more verses in the Bible which encourages us not to get into the thinking of "God has forgiven me so it's ok!"
Rom 6:1-2
1Well then, should we keep on sinning so that God can show us more and more kindness and forgiveness? 2Of course not! Since we have died to sin, how can we continue to live in it?

Paul is saying that since we died to sin, putting it behind us when we accpted Christ into our lives asking Him to help us change, why should we want to go back to the way we are living? God cannot forgive if we aren't repentant! He died for us yes, and He streches out His hand of forgivness and grace to those who wish to take it, but He doesn't force it on us or give it away flippantly....He gives to those who want it.

1 John 3:1-16
1See how very much our heavenly Father loves us, for he allows us to be called his children, and we really are! But the people who belong to this world don't know God, so they don't understand that we are his children. 2Yes, dear friends, we are already God's children, and we can't even imagine what we will be like when Christ returns. But we do know that when he comes we will be like him, for we will see him as he really is. 3And all who believe this will keep themselves pure, just as Christ is pure. 4Those who sin are opposed to the law of God, for all sin opposes the law of God. 5And you know that Jesus came to take away our sins, for there is no sin in him. 6So if we continue to live in him, we won't sin either. But those who keep on sinning have never known him or understood who he is.
7Dear children, don't let anyone deceive you about this: When people do what is right, it is because they are righteous, even as Christ is righteous. 8But when people keep on sinning, it shows they belong to the Devil, who has been sinning since the beginning. But the Son of God came to destroy these works of the Devil. 9Those who have been born into God's family do not sin, because God's life is in them. So they can't keep on sinning, because they have been born of God. 10So now we can tell who are children of God and who are children of the Devil. Anyone who does not obey God's commands and does not love other Christians[a] does not belong to God.

To "keep on" is to willingly continue to live in sin, choosing to do it....without a fight, without calling to God for help, but to continue sinning on choice willfully.

Exodus 20:20
"Don't be afraid," Moses said, "for God has come in this way to show you his awesome power. From now on, let your fear of Him keep you from sinning!"
Prov 8:13
To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
Prov 3:7
Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
Prov 10:27
The fear of the LORD adds length to life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

Those who fear the Lord hate evil.....and those who fear the Lord wil see life to it's fullness!

~peace~
Paddy

Upvote 0