✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
An enemy of God is anyone who isn't saved. Reprobates aren't saved

Right, so we should love them because we are commanded to love our enemies.

, and in fact, defile themselves with that filthy pleasure knowing full well the judgement of God. Romans 1:32.

They hate God, and are lovers of unrighteousness. So, Christians should hate them.

I didn't know this was a thing, that some Christians believe its okay to hate certain people. Let's look at this again:

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect

Do you want to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect? Then we should love them

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Texas
✟482,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Right, so we should love them because we are commanded to love our enemies.

I didn't know this was a thing, that some Christians believe its okay to hate certain people. Let's look at this again:

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you, 45 that you may be children of your Father in heaven. He causes his sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the unrighteous. 46 If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Are not even the tax collectors doing that? 47 And if you greet only your own people, what are you doing more than others? Do not even pagans do that? 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect

Do you want to be perfect as your Heavenly Father is perfect? Then we should love them
Are you saying that God is perfect because he doesn't hate? If you're saying God doesn't have hatred, then you are a liar.

• Agree
Reactions: discipler7
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying that God is perfect because he doesn't hate? If you're saying God doesn't have hatred, then you are a liar.

I'm not saying God doesn't hate, I am saying that God has instructed us to love our enemies because our Father is good to the evil and the good. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever should believe in Him will not perish but have eternal life

Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Texas
✟482,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I'm not saying God doesn't hate, I am saying that God has instructed us to love our enemies because our Father is good to the evil and the good. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son that whomsoever should believe should not perish but have eternal life
Well first of all, that verse says "Love your enemies AND pray for those who persecute you," so taking the context of the scripture into consideration, he is not saying never to hate your enemies, but rather to show the love of God by praying for them; it's the same thing as my praying for a scorner at my work to convert and believe the Gospel of Christ. But am I going to tolerate and love him when he blasphemes my God, mocks my faith, and not only lives in unrighteousness despite hearing my warnings, but loves the unrighteousness in which he lives, even going so far as to call his evil good? You better believe I'm going to hate that, and I will hate that all day long. I will love him from the standpoint of praying and beseeching the Lord that that particular man repent from his way, but I will not bless his wickedness, and will instead condemn it.

Proverbs 8:13. To fear the Lord is to hate evil. David hated his enemies who hated God, and he was exalted by the Lord.

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
All sinners are enemies of God:

Romans 8:8-10

8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

9 Since we have now been justified by his blood, how much more shall we be saved from God’s wrath through him! 10 For if, while we were God’s enemies, we were reconciled to him through the death of his Son, how much more, having been reconciled, shall we be saved through his life!

Are you OSAS?

And, yes, it has a lot to do with this discussion.

• Haha
Reactions: Call me Nic
Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
44 But I tell you, love your enemies ... 48 Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect
Can believers be perfect like God the Father is perfect, eg to be without sin/evil.?
As far as chopping off your hand goes, how would that prevent you from sinning? Don't you have another hand to sin with?
That is why you need to chop off all 4 of your limbs and pluck out both of your eyes = cannot commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking = can be saved from hell when you die, as per Christ's Word/promises.
....... No need to do so if you believe that Jesus is the living Christ/Messiah(MATTHEW.16:16-20, JOHN.3:16).

Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well first of all, that verse says "Love your enemies AND pray for those who persecute you," so taking the context of the scripture into consideration, he is not saying never to hate your enemies, but rather to show the love of God by praying for them; it's the same thing as my praying for a scorner at my work to convert and believe the Gospel of Christ.

Here is another context for you:

Luke 6:27-31

But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, 28 bless those who curse you, and pray for those who spitefully use you. 29 To him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer the other also. And from him who takes away your cloak, do not withhold your tunic either. 30 Give to everyone who asks of you. And from him who takes away your goods do not ask them back. 31 And just as you want men to do to you, you also do to them likewise

There isn't any qualification to it, friend. You can't just write off love by saying you'll pray for him and think you've fulfilled the command of the Lord. This is stating very clearly that the Lord expects us to go beyond prayer.

But am I going to tolerate and love him when he blasphemes my God, mocks my faith, and not only lives in unrighteousness despite hearing my warnings, but loves the unrighteousness in which he lives, even going so far as to call his evil good? You better believe I'm going to hate that, and I will hate that all day long. I will love him from the standpoint of praying and beseeching the Lord that that particular man repent from his way, but I will not bless his wickedness, and will instead condemn it.

Proverbs 8:13. To fear the Lord is to hate evil. David hated his enemies who hated God, and he was exalted by the Lord.

Matthew 5:43-44

You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.’ 44 But I say to you, love your enemies

David hated his enemies because that's what he was taught to do. Jesus taught us a better way

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Can believers be perfect like God the Father is perfect, eg to be without sin/evil.?
That is why you need to chop off all 4 of your limbs and pluck out both eyes = cannot commit sins/evil-deeds/law-breaking = can be saved from hell when you die. No need to do so if you believe that Jesus is the living Christ/Messiah(MATTHEW.16:16-20).

I think you need to pray about the meaning of those verses friend

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My friend, you're poking a bear that deserves another thread to be hashed out.

And I intended to comment on that, I won't argue OSAS here, but I was going to make the point if this person is that, I already know how they make scripture say what they want it to, so no sense in arguing with em on this subject either. Again, *IF* that's the case.

Quick example, thesunisout sees the following as meaning we are an enemy to God, yet it doesn't come near to suggesting that. It's just a waste of time to argue with some mind sets.

All sinners are enemies of God:

Romans 8:8-10

8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

And yes he died for us, so? That has what to do wit this? Will you answer that with OSAS doctrine? If so, I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from in not wanting to bother.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God's enemies are not people. Not even sinful people, not even the most sinful people. They are all His subjects and accomplish works in-line with His will.

Not his true people, and yes they do sin on occasion. But those that live in perpetual sin, he is very clear on what he thinks of that.

Agree, those that act right are his subjects because they are serious about doing as Jesus/God says, they walk the walk. Sure they make mistakes but they don't live in perpetual sin. If they do, they're his enemies, and from what I gather, whether we like it or not he, hates them and their sin...the sin, *and* the sinner.

• Agree
Upvote 0

thesunisout

growing in grace
Site Supporter
Mar 24, 2011
He lifts me up
✟159,601.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And I intended to comment on that, I won't argue OSAS here, but I was going to make the point if this person is that, I already know how they maker scripture say what they wan tiot ti so, no sense in arguing with em on this subject either. Again, IF that's the case.

Quick example, thesunisout sees the following as meaning we are an enemy to God, yet it doesn't come near to suggesting that. It's just a waste of time to argue with some mind sets.

And yes he died for us, so? That has what to do wit this? Will you answer that with OSAS doctrine? If so, I'm sure you can understand where I'm coming from in not wanting to bother.

I'm not sure what you're saying here; Christians are not enemies of God. All those who haven't come to the Lord are Gods enemies. Yet God loved them and sent His Son to die for them and us

Upvote 0

salt-n-light

Site Supporter
Aug 8, 2017
Rosedale
✟165,859.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
An enemy of God is anyone who isn't saved. Reprobates aren't saved, and in fact, defile themselves with that filthy pleasure knowing full well the judgement of God. Romans 1:32.

They hate God, and are lovers of unrighteousness. So, Christians should hate them.

Shut your mouth

By which measure are they deserving of hate and you are more deserving of love?

We all have a desperately wicked heart, that doesn't go away because we are buddies with God now. That means that we are now aware and know where to go for strength and Truth when it arises.

Without grace giving you the chance to be saved, you would be as much of a reprobate-mind as the others.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Texas
✟482,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I think you need to pray about the meaning of those verses friend
We have and that's the conclusion I personally came to. Sorry, but I'm not going to love someone who openly admits they hate God. I love them from the standpoint of them getting saved, but reprobates can't be saved, because God gave them up to a reprobate mind and has rejected them. So, since they can't become saved because they won't ever believe, I'm not going to love them.

Besides, what is love if I don't hate the wickedness that they live in? If I love them despite their wickedness and hating of God, I'm yoking with them. And if you tolerate their ways, you are IN FACT HATING THEM, because you are not even attempting to reprove of them their way, which surely sends them straight to hell. That's wicked, and that mindset is wicked, because how can you hope to change somebody by loving their unrighteousness? You must hate their sin to show them the right way. Jude 1:23.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Upvote 0

Call me Nic

Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2017
Texas
✟482,989.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Shut your mouth

By which measure are they deserving of hate and you are more deserving of love?

We all have a desperately wicked heart, that doesn't go away because we are buddies with God now. That means that we are now aware and know where to go for strength and Truth when it arises.

Without grace giving you the chance to be saved, you would be as much of a reprobate-mind as the others.
You don't know what reprobate means, obviously. And how can I shut my mouth when I'm typing on a computer?

Upvote 0

discipler7

Oct 5, 2017
tog
✟42,302.00
Country
Heard Island And Mcdonald Islands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Here is another context for you:

Luke 6:27-31
But I say to you who hear: Love your enemies, do good to those who hate you,
1CORINTHIANS.5: = 3 For I indeed, as absent in body but present in spirit, have already judged (as though I were present) him who has so done this deed. 4 In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, when you are gathered together, along with my spirit, with the power of our Lord Jesus Christ, 5 deliver such a one to Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that his spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus. ...

11 But now I have written to you not to keep company with anyone named a brother, who is sexually immoral, or covetous, or an idolater, or a reviler, or a drunkard, or an extortioner—not even to eat with such a person.
12 For what have I to do with judging those also who are outside? Do you not judge those who are inside? 13 But those who are outside God judges. Therefore “put away from yourselves the evil person.”

Upvote 0

Kenny'sID

Site Supporter
Feb 28, 2016
USA
✟585,394.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I'm not sure what you're saying here; Christians are not enemies of God. All those who haven't come to the Lord are Gods enemies. Yet God loved them and sent His Son to die for them and us

Are they Christians if they sin perpetually, and without repentance?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.