✟16,330.00
Faith
Celtic Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I advise avoiding it.

In my former life (prior to Christ) I ran a security company & some of our contracts were with strip clubs. I have spent days (bunches of hours at a time) in strip clubs & not been "sinning" . . . but I was there to work & I worked. My focus was on my employees providing the club owner with better, more professional, security than club owners could find if they hired their own. So "staying focused" was a matter of getting/keeping a contract or not. In that time I learned a lot about strip clubs, strippers, the business. . . I never asked an employee to work a position I didn't work myself.

So seriously, knowing what I know: Don't go. Skip it.

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I advise avoiding it.

In my former life (prior to Christ) I ran a security company & some of our contracts were with strip clubs. I have spent days (bunches of hours at a time) in strip clubs & not been "sinning" . . . but I was there to work & I worked. My focus was on my employees providing the club owner with better, more professional, security than club owners could find if they hired their own. So "staying focused" was a matter of getting/keeping a contract or not. In that time I learned a lot about strip clubs, strippers, the business. . . I never asked an employee to work a position I didn't work myself.

So seriously, knowing what I know: Don't go. Skip it.
----

Your experience adds credence to your statements.

Upvote 0

AGTG

Mar 11, 2014
✟6,038.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
If you can go there and not get aroused while feeling comfortable then it is not a sin for you to go. Jesus could do that because that is the kind of guy he was. In my whole life I've met maybe a hand full of guys who could do that. If you can pull it off go for it.

The problem is, would your friends be sinning while they were there and do you want to be part of that?

That's a lie from the pit of hell.

Upvote 0

Peace Keeper

Jun 10, 2016
Texas, USA
✟16,221.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Yes, I would believe this is a sin, the question to ask is, why go to something when you are planning to get married, I never understood people doing stuff like that, though it is wrong whether you are getting married or not. Listen to what God is trying to tell you, there is a reason why you feel uncomfortable, don't try to compromise just for your friends.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Razare

God gave me a throne
Nov 20, 2014
✟10,847.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If you are going there for any of the reasons you normally would go it is a sin.

The way you described it, it's 100% sin. You are caving into the demands of the world, helping others sin, as well as yourself.

If you understand spiritual warfare, you would know then that going to a strip party as part of your wedding ritual, will invite a demon into your marriage to cause havoc with your marriage.

Especially if you never repent, then there would be no cleansing by God, and the door for that demon would remain open so long as you are married. That demon would try to ruin or end the marriage.

Upvote 0

sunshine456

Dec 21, 2012
✟11,995.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

The above verse says it all....

LUST is one of the deadly sins and the offerings by which a S club provides is steeped in LUST and carnality.

1 Corinthians 3:16-17King James Version (KJV)
16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
17 If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Reverting back to matthew 5:28 cohesively tied to corinthians 3:16....we note that in both body and mind we are to LOVE and follow JESUS CHRIST by cleanliness and NOT.....

1 Corinthians 5:11English Standard Version (ESV)
11 But now I am writing to you not to associate with anyone who bears the name of brother if he is guilty of sexual immorality or greed, or is an idolater, reviler, drunkard, or swindler—not even to eat with such a one.

Praise be to GOD the heavenly father and his son lord JESUS CHRIST forever>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Upvote 0

Thir7ySev3n

Psalm 139
Sep 13, 2009
✟58,597.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Still waiting to read the subject line: "Is murder a sin if I didn't hate the guy?"

I have to wonder what's in the drug the world is slipping in our drink as we sit in the lobby of life with them, knowing we are waiting for an impending divine appointment. We are getting too comfortable in a seat we will not be sitting in very long, and I don't say that based lightly on this isolated question. This question simply highlights an observable severe desensitization that is resulting from mingling with the world rather than simply cohabiting and ministering to it, as if we have forgotten that we no longer belong to it because we were bought at a high price; as if we have forgotten the also observable fact that we can not remain here, and that what belongs to this world that is not of God will be anchored and sink with what does not remain.

The above half-joke might seem like an extreme comparison, but I would have made the subject line of the OP's question the "absurd" comparison to some "lesser" evil only years before this. The question could literally be retranslated as, "Is it ok to go intentionally into a den of prostitutes, where women take off their clothes and dance erotically to arouse lust in the hearts of weak-willed men, to cause them to commit a sin that God says is worthy of death; is it ok if it's only for recreational purposes to hang out with a few of my foolish friends, so I can spend the night before my wedding in a place of treachery and marital unfaithfulness?"

What's more startling than questions like these from Christians is when the expected responses to such questions, instead of being the obvious definite negatives, are polite questions about if he intends to at least wear sunglasses so his view of them is obscured (sarcasm), or morbidly twisted Scriptures about Jesus being in the proximity of prostitutes. For anyone who thinks like this, it would be interesting to note that Jesus never calmly and recreationally brought Himself into and sat in their workplaces. Try to imagine Jesus going to "preach the Gospel" (<--I like that one, I need to use it next time I hear of a bank heist going down so I can accompany the men dressed in their garb, ski mask and all, doing "as the Romans do", so I can quote Scripture to them while I hold their money-bags; I'll do it the extra-Christian way and not keep a cent, and if they insist I'll reluctantly accept a cut for charity) in a place like this, then getting interrupted by the prostitute for a customer's sake, His response simply being pulling out a glass, some whine and a chair while He is a mere (and visibly) few feet away from where she proceeds in her sexually overt sin. This is not the same as being in the presence of a person after the fact, away from the inner parts of the places where they are known to engage in their sin constantly. If you are really so compelled for the Gospel's sake, why not patrol outside the building or find alternative connections to people like this, while praying for them? This would make a stronger testimony regardless, as you will not look like anything but the religious guy in denial trying to justify his sexual weakness if you dwell within these places (and they would probably be right). Joseph is a great example about how we ought to respond when confronted by women in the act (Genesis 39:7, 12).

It is important to draw a contrast between kinds of sin in regards to what circumstances we can rightly engage with people who commit these sins. It is not the same issue to reside with someone who commits sexual sin as it is to reside with them while they are committing it. As in example above, it is not the same to reside with thieves as it is to accompany them in their heists and hold their bags for them while you sneak Bible verses against theft in the cash. If these kinds of distinctions are not obvious already, all I can say is you need to return to the Scriptures, assuming there was a turning to to begin with for there to be a "re" in that event. Of course, in all such cases it should be made obvious what the will of God is when the opportunity arises, and that your company is not to be taken as a sign of agreement but as a sign of grace, love and ministry (especially as one who is sinful yourself), as tactfully as you can present those facts (1 Peter 3:15, James 4:4)

In summation, the answer is a definite and powerful no, and as AGTG so eloquently exclaimed, anything to the contrary is a lie from the pit of hell (Proverbs 7:21-27).

Last edited:
Reactions: dhh712
Upvote 0

FutureAndAHope

Just me
Site Supporter
Aug 30, 2008
Australia
Visit site
✟736,552.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm gettting married soon :)

But my mates are giving me a real hastle with my bucks party.

The bucks party is going to be in Las Vegas and my mates really want to take me to a strip club. I've never been but I think it might be wrong.

Is going to a strip club a sin?

I'm a nice, god loving guy who said to God and Jesus when I was only 13 that I'd never have sex before wedlock, or sin.

I'm not about to start sinning now either just because it's my Bucks party.

The simple question is; Is going to a strip club a sin?

Of course it is a sin.

You need to keep your eyes for your wife only, start now.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Erinny

Blessed Big Sister
Jul 6, 2016
Western NC
✟17,137.00
Faith
Fundament. Christ.
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I'd say yes, it's a sin. Don't go. They're supposed to take YOU to where YOU want to go, not where THEY want to go.

I also find it somewhat distasteful and indeed, disrespectful to look at near-naked women the night before your wedding. You should at least spend time praying and reading the Bible in preparation for marriage. That's the right thing to do. Then go with your friends to a wonderful restaurant and have a fantastic meal.

Then go see a movie (a fairly clean one) and that should be just that.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I also find it somewhat distasteful and indeed, disrespectful to look at near-naked women the night before your wedding.
Indeed. Would your wife-to-be be in favor of this? If not, ..... don't go.

Upvote 0