Legend
Jun 18, 2005
✟33,297.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Edit: my *fiance (hubby to be)

Oh and to "saint2300", unfortunately even after we know the Lord, we still many times need His forgiveness. A slip-up is easily forgiveable, but when we become entrenched in the pattern of sins, then it's a dangerous place to be. I know, I've walked that line before.

Slip ups can be serious. Baby serious.

Upvote 0

iambren

Mar 2, 2008
newark, ohio
✟12,121.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
As a Christian I can go anywhere I want. The Holy Spirit lives in me and I am free. My friend's name was David. We were college roommates for one year at Ohio State. He was a Jewish atheist raised in a Jewish home. Yes, we had many talks about my faith and his rejection of it. He did have a good soul though and I respected his inner moral compass, a sense of what is right, and his ability to make friends. He asked me to be his best man and I traveled from Ohio to Mass. to be there, he married a Catholic girl and had 4 kids. I still have a love for David, he got a weird virus and died in his later 30's leaving a home paid off for his wife and kids. The last time I saw him we talked of God and I was pleased that he had moved up to being an agnostic. His widow(we've kept in touch) said a priest spent time with him in his room before he died. So who knows?

It probably was when he married and I was up there that he invited me to the strip club. I admit some curiosity and joined for the "one beer" male bonding. I was shocked, I don't remember feeling I'd sinned, but did feel like taking a shower. I don't like strip clubs and I've never felt comfortable in bars either. But I tagged along to be with him and in this big universe I don't believe it affected me one iota. It was only a few years later when he invited me out for a beer at a strip club that the ugliness viscerally got to me. I said "Dave, let's get out of here". We left and I haven't been back to one in 25 years ie since then. I would have a problem with a Christian man going for lunch to a strip bar every day. Reflects a problem. But in my situation I don't feel it was a big deal.

Upvote 0
L

Life2Christ

If you can go there and not get aroused while feeling comfortable then it is not a sin for you to go. Jesus could do that because that is the kind of guy he was. In my whole life I've met maybe a hand full of guys who could do that. If you can pull it off go for it.
This is terrible Christian advice. I don't even know where to begin. Did you know many strippers are either runaways, delinquent youths or were sexually abused? They are in it for the money and attention (nothing else) which means they have to shut their conscience off. Preventing yourself from getting turned on is not even the issue. The people inside these clubs are LOST. They are in the dark, from the owners to the waitresses to the performers. It is a place of darkness and abuse wrapped in the cloak of lights, music and laughter. There is a lot of money to be made and no one cares about anyone else. To make that money you have to be stepped on or step on someone. Women pervertedly surgically alter their bodies to stay in the game.

To the OP, your friends are robotically doing what others have done before them. They are probably not bad people, but they are only thinking of themselves. You know it is a sin. I know it is a sin. The question is: what are you going to do now?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

slockmn

Aug 16, 2011
Australia
✟15,271.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
EVERYBODY!!

I will not be going to a strip club. Those friends of mine will just have to understand that I'm a nice, god loving guy who will not do anything wrong in the eyes of the Lord.

Besides; It should be common sense to not go to those places even if your Athiest.

I think I'll go bowling instead :)

Reactions: Peace Keeper
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

LOCO

Church Militant
Jun 29, 2011
✟16,689.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
EVERYBODY!!

I will not be going to a strip club. Those friends of mine will just have to understand that I'm a nice, god loving guy who will not do anything wrong in the eyes of the Lord.

Besides; It should be common sense to not go to those places even if your Athiest.

I think I'll go bowling instead :)

:clap::clap::clap:

Mate, you're doing the right thing. Good on you for having the moral courage to say no, many men don't.

These strippers are somebodies daughter, sister, mother, and/or wife. They have just lost their way, men shouldn't implicitly support their bad choices by leering at their flesh.

Go to the Grand Canyon or see a show, Cirque du soleil etc

Blessings for your marriage :crossrc:

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If you can go there and not get aroused while feeling comfortable then it is not a sin for you to go. Jesus could do that because that is the kind of guy he was. In my whole life I've met maybe a hand full of guys who could do that. If you can pull it off go for it.

The problem is, would your friends be sinning while they were there and do you want to be part of that?
----

A man will lust after naked women. God said no to sexual immorality/ fornication. So why is this a problem? You're lusting after those harlots/ harlots/ strippers, that's adultery in the heart. According to God, adultery is sexual immorality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Jun 21, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If a Christian sleeps with prostitute, what will happen to him?
Lost his Salvation?

That's sexual immorality, in the form of pre-marital sex. If he is saved, he still has his salvation. Be God will punish him or curse him in this mortal life for his disobedience, even though he knows what he's doing (fornication) is wrong.

Upvote 0
Jun 21, 2016
Brisbane, Australia
✟7,621.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Scripture advises to avoid thing that even have the appearance of evil. How is this something borderline that might go one way or another? You would clearly be going there for reasons other than preaching the Gospel.

Really this is about loosing your friends. If you do what they want you to do you have your friends. If you choose God you probably will loose some of them who will call you a weird zealot. But really, how much more will God give you and show you if you take a stand for Him?
----
Hear, hear!

Upvote 0

BadHabit

Does not play well with others
Apr 12, 2016
Earth
✟2,244.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Celibate
Matthew 5:28 But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.

THIS.

A good Christian man has no business in a den of vipers like a strip club. Your friends sound inconsiderate of your feelings and beliefs. Who needs enemies with friends like that?

Upvote 0