Is God pleased with us if we are continuing in disobedience?

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

Brothers and sisters, we are told He considers it our reasonable service to present our bodies as loving sacrifices, to not be conformed to the ways of the wolrd but to be transformed into His image by abiding in Him.

There is no question He loves us, but pleased with us while we dally in sin and worldliness while our hearts are lukewarm to Him? While our love for ourselves firmly outweighs our love for Him? While obedience to Him takes a second seat to pleasing ourselves? The devil has sown this lie in our midst and multitudes are eating it up.

Was God pleased with rhe servant who made no gain? Was the master pleased when His own were to busy with things of this life to prepare themselves to meet their Lord? I think we both know that answer. In both cases, He was wroth. As a matter of fact, in Luke 17, after He had taken away that which He had given to the unprofitable servant, He said these profound and sobering words:

"Then bring all those who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me." Ouch.

It is one thing if we are truly trying to walk as children of God and to see sin defeated in our lives and to put off our old carnal nature. But to those who have no desire to flee willful sin, He tells us that there remains no sacrifice for sin, but a fearful looking for of judgment.

We have become those spoken of who have itching ears, who want all the goodness God offers without the hating of our own life. Make no mistake, there will be multitudes on the final day shocked to hear the displeasure in God's voice as He tells them to depart from Him.

Look. I get it. Right now, we have been fed a half gospel that tries to convince us that sin is now no big deal..... the same sins that caused Jesus to have to suffer and die for us. No wonder we have wandered so far from the truth.

But praise God forevermore, there is an answer for us, and God is even now beginning to reveal it to His own. But to those who want to have their cake and eat it too, nothing will be revealed.

For the one who truly longs to become fully obedient, yet who finds himself still mired in Romans 7, doing the things he truly hates, God is about to move mountains to awaken such a one as to HOW to walk in holiness and righteousness all the days of His life.

Amazing days are ahead for those who love the light but simply do not yet how to walk in it. But for those who still find great pleasure in darkness and self rule, their deception is about to increase a hundred-fold.

blessings,

Gideon

basilbear76

May 25, 2019
Phoenix, AZ
✟9,296.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
Brothers and sisters, we are told He considers it our reasonable service to present our bodies as loving sacrifices, to not be conformed to the ways of the wolrd but to be transformed into His image by abiding in Him.

There is no question He loves us, but pleased with us while we dally in sin and worldliness while our hearts are lukewarm to Him? While our love for ourselves firmly outweighs our love for Him? While obedience to Him takes a second seat to pleasing ourselves? The devil has sown this lie in our midst and multitudes are eating it up.

Was God pleased with rhe servant who made no gain? Was the master pleased when His own were to busy with things of this life to prepare themselves to meet their Lord? I think we both know that answer. In both cases, He was wroth. As a matter of fact, in Luke 17, after He had taken away that which He had given to the unprofitable servant, He said these profound and sobering words:

"Then bring all those who would not have me to reign over them, and slay them before me." Ouch.

It is one thing if we are truly trying to walk as children of God and to see sin defeated in our lives and to put off our old carnal nature. But to those who have no desire to flee willful sin, He tells us that there remains no sacrifice for sin, but a fearful looking for of judgment.

We have become those spoken of who have itching ears, who want all the goodness God offers without the hating of our own life. Make no mistake, there will be multitudes on the final day shocked to hear the displeasure in God's voice as He tells them to depart from Him.

Look. I get it. Right now, we have been fed a half gospel that tries to convince us that sin is now no big deal..... the same sins that caused Jesus to have to suffer and die for us. No wonder we have wandered so far from the truth.

But praise God forevermore, there is an answer for us, and God is even now beginning to reveal it to His own. But to those who want to have their cake and eat it too, nothing will be revealed.

For the one who truly longs to become fully obedient, yet who finds himself still mired in Romans 7, doing the things he truly hates, God is about to move mountains to awaken such a one as to HOW to walk in holiness and righteousness all the days of His life.

Amazing days are ahead for those who love the light but simply do not yet how to walk in it. But for those who still find great pleasure in darkness and self rule, their deception is about to increase a hundred-fold.

blessings,

Gideon

The verse says LIVING sacrifices, not loving, as you began.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

blessings,

Gideon
I don't worry whether I am in disobedience or not, because I am nothing, dead, and therefore, being in Christ who is my life, I am reluctant to take my eyes off Him to worry about my spiritual state. I think that being preoccupied with myself and my standing with Christ is a form of pride because I am thinking more of myself than of Christ who is making me in to the person he wants me to be.

Upvote 0

Gideons300

Our awakening is beginning. Prepare to be amazed.
Jun 26, 2015
Maryville, Tennessee
✟109,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I don't worry whether I am in disobedience or not, because I am nothing, dead, and therefore, being in Christ who is my life, I am reluctant to take my eyes off Him to worry about my spiritual state. I think that being preoccupied with myself and my standing with Christ is a form of pride because I am thinking more of myself than of Christ who is making me in to the person he wants me to be.
Oscar, when the word tells us to examine ourselves, whether we be in the faith, to take heed to how we are walking, how exactly does one do it without taking inventory of our hearts true desires?

If one is truly keeping His commandments by keeping their eyes firmly on the Lord, praise God. But certainly, your must know there are multitudes whose actions betray their words, who think that somehow, one can have zero desire to obey God and think that is faith because they are not “working”. The deception is palpable.

blessings,

Gids

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscar, when the word tells us to examine ourselves, whether we be in the faith, to take heed to how we are walking, how exactly does one do it without taking inventory of our hearts true desires?

If one is truly keeping His commandments by keeping their eyes firmly on the Lord, praise God. But certainly, your must know there are multitudes whose actions betray their words, who think that somehow, one can have zero desire to obey God and think that is faith because they are not “working”. The deception is palpable.

blessings,

Gids
I examined myself to see if I am in the faith and I discovered that I am dead, and that my life is hid in God with Christ. So, as long as I stay dead, then I don't have to worry - I can forget about myself and just trust God for my walk in the Spirit and my future - for better or for worse.

Reactions: GTW27
Upvote 0

Alithis

Disciple of Jesus .
Nov 11, 2010
Mobile
✟101,992.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

blessings,

Gideon
good stuff.

..it is notable that any one using romans 7 as excuse for sin has been fooled by the division of the text into chapters.
Paul did not write in chapters . in that sections he.is laying down an example of how life was for him,in a perpetual struggle with sin BEFORE the revelation of Jesus and before he was born again .
He is Not speaking about how life is as a born again Holy Spirit believer.

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
I'd say God loves a persistent sinner, he loves his image and likeness, parts of his character but not the sin. I loved my pet cat whether he got up to mischief or not. I loved his body, fur, trust in me, his face... I did not like him to urinate on my carpet... But he was still good. Look at how God loved King David, despite many sins outnumbering the hairs on his head, being like miry clay... he preferred his persistent asking and trusting to proud boasters looking to condemn David. Psalm 40, and later David has to write Psalm 51 in repentance from murdering a an officer under him. Was God still pleased with David?

Upvote 0

GoldenKingGaze

Prevent Slavery, support the persecuted.
Mar 12, 2007
Visit site
✟251,830.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Obviously Satan committed enormous magnitude sins, crimes against God and creatures and numerous times, and he no longer has the original glorious appearance, whether he looked like a son of God or not. He now looks like a snake with a lion's head and blue eyes, all that's left.

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟833,543.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

blessings,

Gideon
I have decided to revisit this because I have had some new thoughts about the gospel.

A question. When did God start loving us and fully accepting us in His family as His child in whom He is well pleased? Before or after repentance and obedience?

I asked this question in another thread: What caused Zacchaeus to repent to the degree that he did?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to the Gospel of John, the divine Spirit comes into our human spirit (3:6) at the time we receive Him. Thus, 1 Corinthians 6:17 says, “He who is joined to the Lord is one spirit,” and Romans 8:16 says, “The Spirit Himself witnesses with our spirit.” Since God is Spirit (John 4:24) and He is now in our spirit (2 Timothy 4:22), we must worship Him in spirit and truthfulness. John 4 tells us that the fountain of water is in the one who drinks the water given by the Lord. John 7 tells us that rivers of living water will flow out of the innermost being of the person who believes in the Lord Jesus (vv. 38-39).

Upvote 0

~Zao~

Wisdom’s child
Site Supporter
Jun 27, 2007
✟100,595.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
There is that ‘work’ of opening oneself to the rivers of living water that should be engaged in daily.. Those rivers of living water are where the fruit is stored. River of love, wisdom, humility, mercy, patience etc. Genesis 2:9-10 shows the tree of life along with the flow of the river. That flow ministers something of the Lord Himself to others, quenching others thirst as well as edification for their souls to strengthen them. In giving the testimony of Jesus to others His prophesy is carried thru. The testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy. Revelation 19:10
The door is open for us to open ourselves to Him, then He will come out, springing forth from within us. That’s the result to be looking for. All in obedience to Him, personally. Not according to anyone’s gospel but that which He places upon hearts of flesh. Sometimes it takes climbing the tree to see the worth.

Upvote 0