is god one??

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Seriously? The evil Rabbis conspiracy theory? All we are discussing is #1. A number that works exactly the same in Hebrew as in English.
Have you read the Mishnah? (and it is the same in the Talmud, just more stories to wade thru) The rabbis disagreed on almost EVERYTHING.

Here is an explanation (but not the only one):

http://www.menorah.org/trinity1.html

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Would you be willing to share some of those personal experiences? I'm genuinely curious.

Sure, it covers a lot of ground though, and I don't want to get hit with promotion violations. I guess you can ask questions to the general audience in another thread or send a private message if you prefer.

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Most people just get confused by the theological jargon. They tend to think of God as one family of three members, or one person with three roles. Both are heresies according to the theologians but I think people who see the second are closest to the truth.

one person in three roles??? this is god???

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Eventually somebody climbed inside the clock tower out of curiosity and discovered that there was nothing behind the face. The original contractor had apparently never completed the job.

but how the clock existed?? who put it on the wall?? and who made the wall initially??? it came by itself?? that makes nonsense

• Friendly
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Even though I'm Catholic, here's some interesting things I found out...

For the record, looking into it there are indications in the Bible of multiple gods, such as:

-talking about Yahweh sitting amongst a council of them
-God being with Israel against the Moabites in 2 Kings 3, then the Moabites make a sacrifice to Chemosh and "an outburst of divine anger" was against Israel
-the start of Genesis—not only is Elohim at times plural, but it says "Let is make man after our image", and before you say "Oh, that's the Trinity!", those back in the Old Testament had absolutely no concept of a Trinity. It took around 300 years after Jesus's death for that to be finalized.

As for the argument there can't be because space is peaceful—I wouldn't call asteroid strikes, colliding galaxies, and black holes that eat up everything "peaceful"

How did you determine there are several gods? Were you raised with that belief or did you come to that conclusion through your own research?

but everything has a role. the sun each morning rises from one place and set in another..have you ever seen the sun rising from the west for example??? look at your self how your heart beats how your body works...are these things you have made it by urself or it someone made it to you???

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
The God I know can do many things. Far more than I can ever imagine or even count. I am favored that He has shown me three of the ways He has blessed us in His various manifestations in our world. It is not my fault that to me, it looks like He is three different persons in doing so. It is only this way because I can only see Him with the eyes of a human.

you mean he is three parts in one goal?? three parts??? is that god???

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
apples and oranges. The usage in Genesis 2.24 is exactly like the furniture set example. One table, number of chairs. Together they are not one. They are one SET. There's zero evidence that echad in Schema means anything else but one. The echad there stands alone. That point is reinforced time and again in the Torah, " I, and I alone, am Gd" Deuteronomy 32.39. The examples are numerous, to avoid any doubt.

god is three parts???? how come??

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't raised with any religion, but was introduced to Paganism in college and began practicing a little while later on my own. Personal experiences have sufficiently convinced me that there are multiple deities.

All monotheistic religions are false??? What have your deities done to you??? Do they have some marks??? Do they send prophets to talk about them???? What are the proofs upon their existence??? Can you answer all these questions

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
yes. can we know your gods?

Maybe. If people put in the time and sincere effort I don't see why not.

their messengers?
You mean angels? I don't have those.

how do they look like?
Never physically seen them, but they're cool with any image you create in your mind's eye if it helps.

who is the one who overrule all of them?
There isn't one.

do they hear you went you supplicates them??
I like to think so, but I don't ask for much.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
but everything has a role. the sun each morning rises from one place and set in another..have you ever seen the sun rising from the west for example??? look at your self how your heart beats how your body works...are these things you have made it by urself or it someone made it to you???

You're way exaggerating my point here. You automatically assume because the Bible suggests multiple gods at times I'm automatic saying there's no gods, which is a blatant strawman argument and twisting my words. Assuming we take the parts that hint at multiple gods into account (after all, the Bible is primarily about one group of people), if there were multiple gods that would still be "made by someone else".

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
All monotheistic religions are false???

I'd say there are elements and truth and there is certainly value, but more often than not, the good is drowned out by all the horrible stuff. No religion is completely true.

What have your deities done to you???
I'm not sure what you mean.

Do they have some marks???
You mean, like, symbols? I guess so.

Do they send prophets to talk about them????
No, there are no prophets. I don't generally accept the concept of prophesies.

What are the proofs upon their existence???
I have no proof. That's why it's called faith.

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Maybe. If people put in the time and sincere effort I don't see why not.

You mean angels? I don't have those.

Never physically seen them, but they're cool with any image you create in your mind's eye if it helps.

There isn't one.

I like to think so, but I don't ask for much.

there must be one of them who overrule them?? who is the leader all of them?? well, if they had different opinions about creation will they fight each other? if they fought each other with who will you defend which one and why??

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
You're way exaggerating my point here. You automatically assume because the Bible suggests multiple gods at times I'm automatic saying there's no gods, which is a blatant strawman argument and twisting my words. Assuming we take the parts that hint at multiple gods into account (after all, the Bible is primarily about one group of people), if there were multiple gods that would still be "made by someone else".

the bible leads to the worship of one god read the first post in this thread..so do believe the same??

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
there must be one of them who overrule them?? who is the leader all of them??
Not that I'm aware of.

well, if they had different opinions about creation will they fight each other?
Why would any god get upset over something so trivial as that? I accept The Big Bang, abiogenesis and evolution.

if they fought each other with who will you defend which one and why??
Why would gods be fighting? I mean, I've heard lots myths and legends but I've never taken them literally.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
I'd say there are elements and truth and there is certainly value, but more often than not, the good is drowned out by all the horrible stuff. No religion is completely true.

I'm not sure what you mean.

You mean, like, symbols? I guess so.

No, there are no prophets. I don't generally accept the concept of prophesies.

I have no proof. That's why it's called faith.
if there is no proofs upon the existence of your god thus they do not exist..we have more then billion proofs upon the existence of our God the one re-read the first post of this thread you will see...if they didn't do something to you how do you worship them if they don't help you how can you call them gods??

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Not that I'm aware of.

Why would any god get upset over something so trivial as that? I accept The Big Bang, abiogenesis and evolution.

Why would gods be fighting? I mean, I've heard lots myths and legends but I've never taken them literally.
if they have the same power certainly one of them would like to have the reign alone and they will fight who is the one whom you will defend?

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
if there is no proofs upon the existence of your god thus they do not exist..we have more then billion proofs upon the existence of our God the one re-read the first post of this thread you will see...

I don't see any proof there at all. Empirically, no one has proof, so don't feel bad.

if they didn't do something to you how do you worship them if they don't help you how can you call them gods??

I suppose I feel like there's a positive contribution to my life if that's what you mean

Upvote 0

awitch

Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
if they have the same power certainly one of them would like to have the reign alone and they will fight who is the one whom you will defend?

They're gods, not children.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Have you read the Mishnah? (and it is the same in the Talmud, just more stories to wade thru) The rabbis disagreed on almost EVERYTHING.

Here is an explanation (but not the only one):

http://www.menorah.org/trinity1.html
This is not about theology. It's about language and the simplest of numbers. If you cannot understand how number one operates, how can you even open the Mishneh Torah where Rambam not only teaches that Gd is one, but also one of a kind and unique(yahid).

Upvote 0