lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Is God one?

Let us ask religions:

[Gen 1:1]. As a consequence, if God created all things, then there can be no other god. Any other god that people choose to worship is, in reality, something they have created or dreamt up for themselves

From the Old Testament:

• "Know therefore this day, and consider it in your heart, that the LORD Himself is God in heaven above, and on the earth beneath: there is no other." (Deuteronomy 4:39 NKJV)
  • "I am the LORD, and there is no other, there is no God beside Me." (Isaiah 45:5)
  • "Have we not all one Father? Has not one God created us?" (Malachi 2:10)
  • "Hear, O Israel: the Lord our God, the LORD is one! You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength." (Deuteronomy 6:4,5)
From the New Testament:

• "It is written, ‘You shall worship the LORD your God, and Him only you shall serve.’" (Matthew 4:10)
  • "There is one God; and there is no other but He." (Mark 12:32)
  • "You believe that there is one God; you do well." (James 2:19)
  • "Now a mediator does not mediate for one only, but God is one." (Galatians 3:20)
  • "For there is one God, and one Mediator between God and men." (1 Timothy 2:5)
One god in the Quran:

"In the name of God, the Merciful, the Compassionate.
Say (O Muhammad) He is God the One God, the Everlasting Refuge, who has not begotten, nor has been begotten, and equal to Him is not anyone."

“He is God; there is no god but He, He is the Knower of the unseen and the visible; He is the All-Merciful, the All-Compassionate. He is God, there is no God but He. He is the King, the All-Holy, the All-Peace, the Guardian of Faith, the All-Preserver, the All-Mighty, the All-Compeller, the All-Sublime. Glory be to God, above that they associate! He is God the Creator, the Maker, the Shaper. To Him belong the Names Most Beautiful. All that is in the heavens and the earth magnifies Him; He is the All-Mighty, the All-Wise." (59:22-24)”

Let us ask theology:

Try to think about it. Is there any possibility for the existence of several Gods in the universe??

I believe that all the monotheistic Judaism Christianity and Islam believes in one God and that this God sends his prophets and messengers to make people know him and worship him.

Yet I am talking from the theology side.

our teachings assure that God is one and unique because there is no possibility for an organized universe to have more than 1 god. if there was two gods, one of them will try to possess the rule for himself alone and there will be a conflict between both of them thus the universe will see lots of disasters and tragedies...thus it is apparent that the universe is very peaceful and organized which means there is no God but one.

Many people doesn’t know that ALLAH is one of God’s name. the fact that we worship ALLAH doesn’t mean that ALLAH is a god different than yours. Our God’s name is ALLAH. You can call him anything you want. In our teachings we have 99 names for God and more. Yet, the reality is that all these names refers to one God.

All monotheistic religions are false??? What have the deities done to us??? Do they have some marks??? Do they send prophets to talk about them???? What are the proofs upon their existence??? Can we answer all these questions????

Reactions: Paul Yohannan

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
God is one. Some people see Him from different angles. Some people do not see Him very clearly, and thus confuse others with their reports. Some people do not see Him at all, and make something up.

It's good God wants us to find Him so badly, or there would be far fewer who see any of HIm at all.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yes God is one. Echad.

Sh'ma Yisrael YHVH Elohenu YHVH echad. Deut 6.4

But how echad is used in the Torah does not denote a hard singularity. Consider this as well:

Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one [echad] flesh.

Clearly there are still 2 people even though they are one [echad].

So the fact that God is One [echad] does not preclude a tri-une God of Father Son and Spirit.

• Agree
Reactions: Jadis40
Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
God is one. Some people see Him from different angles. Some people do not see Him very clearly, and thus confuse others with their reports. Some people do not see Him at all, and make something up.

It's good God wants us to find Him so badly, or there would be far fewer who see any of HIm at all.
I totally agree with you thank you for posting such positive opinion ...at the end, we all have one god Christians muslims or jewish or even yhwh followers ..they believe in one god

Upvote 0

habibii zahra

Nov 16, 2016
lebanon
✟27,368.00
Faith
Muslim
Marital Status
Single
Yes God is one. Echad.

But how echad is used in the Torah does not denote a hard singularity. Consider this as well:

Genesis 2:24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one [echad] flesh.

So the fact that God is One [echad] does not preclude a tri-une God of Father Son and Spirit.

oh now I want to ask you a question can you explain for me the truth of trinity and what is this concept and how you believe in one god yet there is three parts??? I mean parts is the characteristics of humans and not god...I would like to hear your explanation

Upvote 0

ken777

"to live is Christ, and to die is gain"
Aug 6, 2007
Australia
✟48,308.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Most people just get confused by the theological jargon. They tend to think of God as one family of three members, or one person with three roles. Both are heresies according to the theologians but I think people who see the second are closest to the truth.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,539.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
A village somewhere,

there was a clock tower,

the villagers would come out in the mornings to go to work,

they would look up at the clock on the tower and adjust their clocks accordingly.

Time went by,

then someone suggested lowering the clock on the tower,

"Why look up and correct my clock
according to that clock?"

"Good idea" they all agreed,

So the clock was lowered,

now each adjust the towerclock after their own clock,

and they all lived happy ever after.

End of story.

• Haha
Reactions: cloudyday2
Upvote 0

cloudyday2

Generic Theist
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
✟568,802.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
A village somewhere,

there was a clock tower,

the villagers would come out in the mornings to go to work,

they would look up at the clock on the tower and adjust their clocks accordingly.

Time went by,

then someone suggested lowering the clock on the tower,

"Why look up and correct my clock
according to that clock?"

"Good idea" they all agreed,

So the clock was lowered,

now each adjust the towerclock after their own clock,

and they all lived happy ever after.

End of story.
Eventually somebody climbed inside the clock tower out of curiosity and discovered that there was nothing behind the face. The original contractor had apparently never completed the job.

Upvote 0

Robban

-----------
Site Supporter
Dec 27, 2009
✟652,539.00
Country
Sweden
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Divorced
Eventually somebody climbed inside the clock tower out of curiosity and discovered that there was nothing behind the face. The original contractor had apparently never completed the job.

Dunno. but this one is enough to scare anyone, would reckon.

did not work was called away nm

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
oh now I want to ask you a question can you explain for me the truth of trinity and what is this concept and how you believe in one god yet there is three parts??? I mean parts is the characteristics of humans and not god...I would like to hear your explanation
LOL! As you see, attempts to explain err on one side (one person 3 functions) or the other (3 separate beings). Neither are true. Theologians have wrestled that issue for over 1800 years. I have studied it off and on for about 50 years.

The attempt that resulted in the classic creeds and confessions certainly fall short. We are instructed to take the gospel "to the Jew first;" (Romans 1) but those creeds seem almost engineered to alienate Jews (and other strict monotheists including islam) by making Christianity sound like polytheistic paganism.

In reality, there is no good explanation that would be understandable by fallen mankind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Even though I'm Catholic, here's some interesting things I found out...

For the record, looking into it there are indications in the Bible of multiple gods, such as:

-talking about Yahweh sitting amongst a council of them
-God being with Israel against the Moabites in 2 Kings 3, then the Moabites make a sacrifice to Chemosh and "an outburst of divine anger" was against Israel
-the start of Genesis—not only is Elohim at times plural, but it says "Let is make man after our image", and before you say "Oh, that's the Trinity!", those back in the Old Testament had absolutely no concept of a Trinity. It took around 300 years after Jesus's death for that to be finalized.

As for the argument there can't be because space is peaceful—I wouldn't call asteroid strikes, colliding galaxies, and black holes that eat up everything "peaceful"

No.
Any other questions for a polytheist?

How did you determine there are several gods? Were you raised with that belief or did you come to that conclusion through your own research?

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Yes God is one. Echad.

Echad means one and operates exactly like in English. A table and chairs are one SET. So, context determines the meaning, just like in English. Where it says Gd is one, it means just that.

Reactions: ViaCrucis
Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Echad means one and operates exactly like in English. A table and chairs are one SET. So, context determines the meaning, just like in English. Where it says Gd is one, it means just that.
Now it does. During the time of the Hebrew prophets it did as well.

But at Moses' time? Usage in Torah like Genesis 2.24 suggests otherwise; more of a composite unity than an absolute singularity.

Upvote 0

Ken Behrens

Sep 5, 2016
Milford, Delaware, USA
Visit site
✟32,775.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The God I know can do many things. Far more than I can ever imagine or even count. I am favored that He has shown me three of the ways He has blessed us in His various manifestations in our world. It is not my fault that to me, it looks like He is three different persons in doing so. It is only this way because I can only see Him with the eyes of a human.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
Now it does. During the time of the Hebrew prophets it did as well.

But at Moses' time? Usage in Torah like Genesis 2.24 suggests otherwise; more of a composite unity than an absolute singularity.
apples and oranges. The usage in Genesis 2.24 is exactly like the furniture set example. One table, number of chairs. Together they are not one. They are one SET. There's zero evidence that echad in Schema means anything else but one. The echad there stands alone. That point is reinforced time and again in the Torah, " I, and I alone, am Gd" Deuteronomy 32.39. The examples are numerous, to avoid any doubt.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
There's zero evidence that echad in Schema means anything else but one. The echad there stands alone. That point is reinforced time and again in the Torah, " I, and I alone, am Gd" Deuteronomy 32.39. The examples are numerous, to avoid any doubt.
To a particular point of view - especially one formulated by the post 2nd temple rabbis trying to keep the christian gospel away from the Jewish community - that is so.

But that is not the ONLY view point.

Upvote 0

awitch

Retired from Christian Forums
Mar 31, 2008
New Jersey, USA
✟19,230.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pagan
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
How did you determine there are several gods? Were you raised with that belief or did you come to that conclusion through your own research?

I wasn't raised with any religion, but was introduced to Paganism in college and began practicing a little while later on my own. Personal experiences have sufficiently convinced me that there are multiple deities.

Upvote 0

danny ski

Jan 13, 2013
✟34,912.00
Faith
Judaism
Marital Status
Private
To a particular point of view - especially one formulated by the post 2nd temple rabbis trying to keep the christian gospel away from the Jewish community - that is so.

But that is not the ONLY view point.
Seriously? The evil Rabbis conspiracy theory? All we are discussing is #1. A number that works exactly the same in Hebrew as in English.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I wasn't raised with any religion, but was introduced to Paganism in college and began practicing a little while later on my own. Personal experiences have sufficiently convinced me that there are multiple deities.

Would you be willing to share some of those personal experiences? I'm genuinely curious.

Upvote 0